Re: European Price of UC items

Berli wrote:I saw that grima posted a thread about the future prices of UC items in general.
I have a question why the european prices are so outrages compared to the US prices

I think I may be able to answer this question, or atleast what I think the answer might be. Everytime a US retailer orders products from UC, they must make a minimum $250 purchase. Everytime an retailer outside of the U.S. makes an order, they make a minimum purchase of $1000. A foriegn retailer has to spend more even if they dont need to, so they likly raise there prices so they can afford $1000 orders. Its the same in Canada, and probly other countrys too. Make sence? Somtimes my post dont so I hope Ive e xp lained it well enough :rolleyes_
:cheers:
~wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Wormtongue e xp lained well, but I will have a stab at it also. I am not a retailer, so I am just making an educated guess as to why prices are so high. Not only are international minimum purchases $1000 USD (which isn't really that much, only 5 or so swords, less if including helms or other more e xp ensive things; and most retailers buy over $1000 at a time anyway, as for your friend, that is a different story). Anyway, retailers have to pay for all the goods, pay for the bulk shipping of all of the goods (Buy more and pay less per sword for shipping), and then pay duties to customs for the import of the goods.

So price of swords, shipping, and duties, converted to local currency...plus the fact that the businesses want some profit, means that collectors have to dish out big dollars for these wonderfull collectables..Sorry, but this is the way it is for now; believe me I know the sting of having to pay alot of $$$ for swords, I live in Australia, where the retail price for a standard LOTR sword is $590 AUD, which is $455 USD (of course retailers sell cheaper, but retail is high. Museum collection Sting has a retail price of $1,499.00 AUD...
(º·.¸(¨*· .¸ . ¸.·**· .¸ . ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«´¨`·.¸.(º·.¸(ﷲﺁ )¸.·º).¸.·´¨`»
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)
[/b]

yes the prices in europa is high,i culd buy items at the flames or brown,but the shipping is about 100$ and the taxes here in demark are very high it is 25%. :(
but if you look aroud for some dealers in your own cuntry you can still find some good prices :thumbsup: it will take some time too find and ask around.:juggling: the fist dealers was high prises 480 to 550$ for a sword,now i found a dealer wher all the uc lotr swords cost 250 to 280$.he only got the lotr item in stock because i askt for them. bee patiens my freinds and you will feind.

Return to “Inquiries”