Re: is United Cutlery going bankrupt???

Daekoo wrote:We know UC is going bankruptcy but now still pending the confirmation. I am A China Vendor of UC and got the Bankruptcy Court notes quite a long time.
UC is now bankrupt and they lost the LOTR license in the process. Who knows if the remainder of UC will be able to get the license back since the remnants of United Cutlery were bought out. I doubt it.

And with the release of the Hobbit next year will some other swordsmith make the Licensed blades. And since sting is the dominant blade in the Hobbit will the sting be remade?

There's been absolutely no word on whether the Hobbit movie will be made and released by next year. The 2008 deadline for a movie has been mentioned several times mainly because that is when New Line Cinema loses the rights to the movie and they revert back to the Saul Zaentz company. Robert Shaye, co-founder of New Line is in a legal dispute with Peter Jackson and wants to get the movie made really fast before Peter has any chance of being involved in it, but other than that, there are no substantiated claims that indicate the movie is being made and released by next year. Knowing how long this process can take, and given that there is no known movement on even so much as a script, coupled with the distribution rights being tangled up with MGM, all point to a very long road before this movie gets made, and 2008 looks highly unlikely.

This is kinda off-topic, but just mentioning the facts before wild speculation begins on licensed products from a movie that is stuck in pre-development and legal hell for the time being.

[quote=""Steel Servant""]CRAP!!!!.............The Titanic sank? :'(

Guess I'll have to hitch a ride on the Hindenburg.[/quote]
Smoking in designated areas ONLY! All areas over New Jersey. :coolsmile
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Return to “Inquiries”