UNITED CUTLERY BANKRUPTCY *New Information*

From Kit Rae's Website...
UNITED CUTLERY BANKRUPTCY
As many of you may have heard, United Cutlery, the distributor of the Kit Rae Fantasy Art line of knives and swords, filed for bankruptcy late in 2006. United was purchased in January by Bud-K, a large cutlery retailer and wholesaler operating out of Moultree, Georgia. Kit has not decided if he will stay with the new owners of United or move to a new distributor. We know many of you retailers and wholesalers want to know who to buy products from going forward, so we will announce news here as soon as the decision has been made. STAY TUNED!
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Re: UNITED CUTLERY BANKRUPTCY *New Information*

Thanks for the update!

This news is definetly good. Perhaps this is an even better change for us as collectors. For a long time, I know I've been frustrated with UC's choices of products and various decisions. New ownership might mean a change of pace from what we've been used to over the years.

The next couple of months should be very interesting to see how things progress.

P.S. My obsessive hopes for Guthwine have just gotten a little better!

I've been prayin' for someone to continue the LOTR line and realize some of the great ideas that were proposed before the meltdown. I wish the new owner all the best! Hopefully, we'll get some news to cheer about in the not too distant future...like a MC Andúril, for starters.
"...this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured; that was the badge of Finarfin and his house."

I wonder if BudK will be able to get the LOTR license back for United Cutlery. And I read on this forum that the swordsmith facility that made the original LOTR swords is closed down. If they do get it back will the quality be the same? Will they make the same blades? Will they have the same UC stock number(I cant imagine they would)? I am sure the original first editions will be the better quality.

Return to “United Cutlery”