Re: hobbit swords

I think most people on here and elsewhere have generally agreed that the overall quality of the Noble LOTR swords was not quite as good as the UC ones. Unless they have changed manufacturers since, there's no reason to think this may have improved for The Hobbit swords.

The main issue in the past was that, while even the UC weapons were not always 100% accurate to the prop, the Noble ones diverged even more from the original. On the current Thorin sword, you can see that the handle is a much darker colour on the Noble version than what it should be. Screenshots show that UC's version has the correct coloured handle. You can also see that on the Weta MSSC version.

To be perfectly honest, until someone actually buys the Noble Thorin sword and posts some pictures for us to examine, any other differences or quality issues are pure conjecture at this point. If none of this bothers you, then by all means, buy it. :)
This Space for Rent

I have 2 of the older NC LOTR swords (Anduril and Glamdring). The blades are of poorish quality and the pommel, crossguard, and hilt of their Anduril is completely black in places from tarnish or the loss of plating for some reason. The Glamdring is just a poor blade, but the discoloration has not been an issue with that one. I must say, I really do like the look of the new NC Hobbit plaques, but I don't think I'll be investing in any of their swords this time unless I have evidence of improvement in their quality of workmanship and materials. If anyone has picked up the NC Orcrist, I would love to see pics and a review....

OHH,yes ,this is an isue that ,will bothers ,me alot. :angry: val.
thanks to answere my question,.and to hold my head back .and
not let me going in to some rusch deal,carry my head under my shoulders. :thumbs_up
whits i usely never do. :)
well we all somtimes get overexited,it hard to handle ,:crazy2

polyphemus alredy said whots up.

nc is no way to go.

Return to “United Cutlery”