UC1400

Hello everyone! I just received my UC1400 today and am so happy to have it, however it is not without its issues. This is the 5th sword I've ordered from UC/BudK and the shipping is quick, but sometimes the product has issues.

The sword is in great shape but I have two quick questions...

1) Does anyone know what I could do to remove the laser etching? The blade was actually placed in backwards (the LOTR etching should be on the same side of the leather handle stitching from photos I've seen). It seems like it would be a quick fix and it is nitpicking, but I just like the pure look of a sword with no wording on it while it hangs.

2) I notice a very faint pocket of air under the leather wrap...is there anyway to tighten that up without completely taking it off?

Sorry for being particular about my sword, I am very pleased with it I just want to make sure it looks great hanging on the wall which either way it will, but if I can fix these things I'd be that much more satisfied.

Thanks in advance to anyone that answers!!

Re: UC1400

Hello Dupree721 welcome on board of this small but helpful and friendly community with lot's of people whit the right skills to help you with your questions.
Maybe you can put a couple pictures that makes it a bit easier to see what exactly that you mean.
Happy collecting and we would happy to see lot's of pictures from your whole collection. :thumbs_up

Re: UC1400

If you do some searching here on both subjects I believe Kit has posted some solutions. I think 400 or 600 grit sandpaper will get rid of the logos and a hot damp washcloth tightly wrapped with some string will help with the loose leather, but not 100% positive.

Return to “United Cutlery”