Total votes: 2 (33%)
Sword of Tiberias (No votes)
Sword of Guy (No votes)
Sword of Saladin (No votes)
Sword of Odo (No votes)
Sword of Reynald (No votes)
Total votes: 6

Favorite Kingdom Of Heaven Sword

I know there are a few of us here that own some swords from the Kingdom of Heaven collection, and many more who were a fan of the film. While the movie is long gone now, as well as most of the collection, I thought a poll might be due. Please note, that while there may be some dispute on whether MRL wrongly named Guy's sword Tiberias', and Tiberias' sword Guy's, we will go by what MRL named them, whether is right or wrong.

I own the Ibelin, Tiberias, and Guy swords, and while Tiberias is all around fantastic, Ibelins was my first, and it drew me to buy the other two swords, so it gets my vote. Guy's tends to be everyone else's favorite of those who have seen my three.
Last edited by Grima Wormtongue on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorry, meant to post it in Museum Replicas. If a mod wouldn't mind moving it
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Re: Favorite Kingdom Of Heaven Sword

I'm going to be biased...as i only have the 2 swords to compare: Ibelin's and King of Jerusalem's...
And i'd have to pick the King's sword - loving the feel of the shorter blade (less wobble)...and what can i say? I like "da *bling" lol.

I've actually been thinking about picking up another 1 or 2 in the near future as they have become quite cheap (even for MRL) and don't seem to be selling... I was thinking about Saladin's Sword (i like unique pieces) - anyone seen this baby upclose?

[quote=""Fingolfin""] ...Does anyone know if there's a list or catalog of the old MR Kingdom of Heaven line somewhere?...[/quote]

Here you go. Missing 5 MRL product numbers, but I believe all KOH items are accounted for in this list. I believe I still have hard copies of the old catalogues somewhere at home.

Swords:
#500816 Sword of Ibelin
#500810 Sword of Tiberias (Guy Used in Movie)
#500820 Sword of King Baldwin
#500812 Sword of Odo
#500814 Sword of Guy (Tiberias Used in Movie)
#500842 Sword of Reynald
#500818 Sword of Saladin

Scabbards:
#801080 Scabbard of Ibelin
#801074 Scabbard of Tiberias (Guy Used in Movie)
#801084 Scabbard of King Baldwin
#801076 Scabbard of Odo
#801078 Scabbard of Guy (Tiberias Used in Movie)
#______ Scabbard of Reynald
#801082 Scabbard of Saladin

Helmets:
#300368 Helmet of Balian
#300374 Tiberias Helmet
#200638 Mask of King Baldwin (Not a Helmet)
#300370 Hospitaller Helmet
#300394 Transitional Helm
#300382 Helmet of Saladin
#300372 English War Hat (#200628 Padded Coif)
#300392 Lionheart Helmet

Shields:
#801086 Shield of Ibelin
#801088 Shield of Jerusalem
#801508 Crusader Templar Shield

Other Weapons:
#600612 Saracen War Hammer
#600616 Saracen Lion Head Mace
#600614 Saracen War Club
#600610 Saracen War Axe
#600608 Crusader War Axe
#401470 Crusader Seax
#______ Crusader Infantry War Hammer

Clothing:
#100580 Ibelin Tunic
#100700 Ibelin Riding Cape
#100586 Ibelin Gambeson
#100578 Jerusalem Tunic
#100604 Jerusalem Cape
#______ Jerusalem Riding Cape
#100588 Hospitaller Robe
#100590 Hospitaller Cloak
#100582 Templar Tunic
#100584 Templar Cloak
#100870 Teutonic Knight Tunic
#100872 Teutonic Knight Cloak
#______ Balian's Nobleman Garment
#100708 Sibylla Gown (Gold)
#______ Sibylla Dress (Red)
#100712 Sibylla Cape
#100592 Robe of Saladin
#100806 Lionheart Tunic

Most of this stuff is very hard to find now. I started searching for these items back in early 2010 and it took me almost 2 years to complete the collection. I don't want to say how much it cost me. :embarasse

Wow Moonglum, I had no idea the line was so e xp ansive! I've never seen the shields and I didn't know they made that many articles of clothing. I'm actually very surprised you found them all in two years...it's rare to see any of them anymore. I'd love to have just the Ibelin sword, scabbard, and cape. I'd love to see pictures of your complete line, if you ever get the time. :)
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Me too!

I wanna see loads of pics. Particularly pics of the scabbards and the sword of Ibelin :)

On the sword of Guy (the one with the hemp grip) does it feel like the cord could come loose? I might have a chance of picking one up and wanted to get some opinions before I did. I like the simplicity of the sword.
Last edited by Lindir on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

I know this isn't what you guys meant, but most of my KOH items are boxed up and it is just too hard to get pictures right now. For those that have never seen some of these items, here is an image cobbled together using stock photos that I had saved on my computer. These pictures don't do justice to the actual items, but it is better than nothing, and could be used as a checklist for anyone else trying to complete the collection. :)

[quote=""Fingolfin""]Wow. You have all the clothing items too? It's almost too much to see them all together, even if it is just stock photos. :O [/quote]

Yes sir. All of the MRL items, including the clothing items, and the following:
  • Screen used Ibelin Tunic that was worn by Orlando Bloom - from Rare Props with COA (has "Balian 2" inked inside the collar)
  • Screen used Ibelin Flag - from Rare Props with COA
  • Screen used wooden and brass range finding device that Balian uses when planning his defense of Jerusalem - from Prop Store of London with COA
  • Screen used Teutonic Knight Shield - from Prop Store of London with COA (white with black cross, used in the sceen where they try to assassinate Balian by the well)
  • Production used Jerusalem Knight Shield - from Prop Store of London with COA (blue with gold crosses)
  • Production used Scropion Spike - from Prop Store of London with COA (these were used in the sceen where they take down the Muslim siege towers)

[quote=""Jash""]Wow, yes, quite a collection indeed. And a big congrats on those screen used items Moonglum! Are there any screen used "holy grails" you're still on the lookout for?[/quote]

Not really. I haven't added anything significant to the collection in a while.

[quote=""Fingolfin""]That is downright amazing! :O That's such a complete collection, I'm really impressed. Are you able to display any of it?[/quote]

All of the items are in a game room at my house that has basically turned into a storage room. Nothing is properly displayed at the moment, and probably won't be until we get moved to a bigger home...

I wonder how many collectors end up saying that same thing though, and then eventually just have to start selling off pieces of thier collection. :|

Alright folks. The revival of this thread made me go through my entire KOH collection. I had duplicates of many items, including dupes of all 7 swords, 4 scabbards, and the Ibelin Shield. I have decided to sell the extras, which of course required taking some pictures. Below are a few pics that I uploaded to photobucket for those who wanted to see them. Enjoy!

[quote=""Lindir""]Where are you selling these duplicates? I really love the King of Jerusalem's sword. If only I could afford one :( [/quote]

Haha. True enough Lindir, and not only to be able to afford one, but maybe more importantly to be able to find one at all. I have only seen 2 King of Jerusalem swords for sale over the last 5 years, and I bought them both. ;) That sword is the only one MRL did with a hollow ground blade and it is amazing. Hank Reinhardt personally did a stress test on that sword's blade where he bent it nearly 45 degrees and it came back to shape. Sadly, Hank passed away back in 2007.

I don't know the exact numbers but I believe it is also one of the rarest from the collection. You might consider searching for the discontinued Hanwei King Edward III sword as an alternative, since that is the sword this design was originally based on (http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/edward-III.html)

Regarding the sale... I listed everything as a set on the evil auction site that we all know, and love to hate. :) I would rather not break up the set, since it is so hard to get all these pieces, and I want another collector to have the chance to own them.

Start bid will seem high to some, but it is almost exactly what I have invested in them. So at that price, after the auction fees, I will be losing 10-13%. :'(

Feel free to post away, I'd love to see everything you're willing to photograph. :coolsmile

I checked your auction. That is a high price, but I think that for 12 items it's more than fair. They're rare, they're nice, they're a set. If I had that kinda money, you bet I'd buy them. Good luck with the sale. :thumbs_up
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Wow - those 7 look great together! Best of luck on the ebay sale - i think that's a very fair price given the current values of these swords individually...when they rarely come up for sale. However, your awesome pictures have now rekindled my desire to finish the set. 4 down, 3 to go lol
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Man, I love these swords. I took 100 pictures yesterday, and as I've had time I continue uploading some of the better ones to photobucket.

Probably everyone already knows this, but the sword that MRL marketed as Guy's, was actually Tiberias' sword in the film (and vice versa). I call the swords by their MRL names, even though it is incorrect. It has always been shocking to me that an error like this happened and even got past Fox.

Imagine if United Cutlery had marketed Hadhafang as the sword of Gandalf, and Glamdring as the sword of Elrond. :crazy:

Here is a side shot of each hilt:

Tiberias (but used by Guy in the film):

Guy (but used by Tiberias in the film):

Thankfully for my bank account, my collecting never strayed outside of Tolkien, but man was KoH ever an awesome movie! I don't think it got half the credit it deserved because quite frankly, the theatrical version, which is what the average person watched, was missing a lot of important threads. Despite Ridley's stance on Director's Cuts, this is one movie that benefited from the DC release 100%. A treasured piece in my movie
collection for sure. :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

JJByers wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:27 am The movie itself is fine. Alotta flak I see and contribute to is when people take it as a historically accurate representation of history, which it is nowhere near to being.
lol... trust me, I know better than to look to Hollywood for my lessons in history. I just appreciate a good action yarn set in medieval times, and the Crusades are of particular interest to me as it was a very important part of my cultural ancestry.
This Space for Rent

You know Reynald's sword and scabbard just sold on eBay for over $500! $552 I wanna say... I lost lol. Whereas just earlier a like new Ibelin w/ scabbard only sold for $312. TheKnightShop currently has some Ibelin swords instock surprisingly. I was tempted to pick one up since I bought both of mine used, but can't justify owning 3 of the same sword with no intentions to sell any of them. "Guy's sword" from Windlass, actually Tiberias', sold a few months ago for around $150, and Odo's Sword with scabbard for around $250. I'd say for the most part the prices are fairly reasonable around retail again, when I was hunting mine people wanted $1000ish for an Ibelin sword, like h3ll!

Return to “Master Replicas”