Factory Entertainment

Soooo, i was looking for "Master Replica's" website a few days ago - just to see if anything was going on for Christmas week. I have not been on their website in ages, so i apologize if this has been stated already. But i just found out that Master Replicas has been bought by a British Company called "Factory Entertainment"! Good or Bad, we'll have to wait and see. However, 3 really cool products that caught my eye:

1) "Princess Bride" Sword of Inigo Montoya (I WANT I WANT I WANT)!

2) "Princess Bride" Sword of the Dread Pirate Roberts.

3) "007" Golden Gun (2 versions).

Here's a link if anyone's interested:
http://www.factoryent.com/brands.html

Bbbuuuuuutttttt:
I also read that Windlass / Museum Replicas are also reproducing props from "The Princess Bride" - so i was wondering if they were contracted by Factory Entertainment, OR both companies managed to get the license....
Either way...i look foward to seeing these new blades!
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Re: Factory Entertainment

I agree - there is a lot of hype around the movie. However, it was one of the first sword fighting movies i can remember that started my interest into swords. In fact, i think i should watch it again...been a while...lol.
Either way, i still think the swords are really nice. In addition, it is always good to see a different type of movie sword replica coming into the market.

On a side note - it is sad to see Master Replicas go down...they had a few upcoming products that were quite interesting!

Johanwill7 - sorry, but i cannot see your reply. But thank you for reminding me of this thread!

Update - I DID purchase the Montoya Sword way back when.. and absolutely LOVE it!
However, Factory Entertainment decided it's been a while, so they are remaking the Sold Out Limited Edition "Princess Bride" swords... and that i absolutely do NOT love... :(

For the most part (other companies), I'm against the concept of remaking sold out limited editions due to principle.

However, for this specific example, it is a bit more personal. When this sword was up for sale I was a poor university student. I picked up extra shifts at work (while going to school full time); also passed on a few other swords since I wanted the Montoya much, much more. And believing it'll sell out quickly (only 750 being made), and thus more difficult to pick up on the second hand market. For the most part, I was correct. But now... all these years later... I can buy the same sword all over again! While the other swords I passed on are difficult to find for reasonable prices (if at all). Kind of feels like a kick to the gut, making those sacrifices a bit "waisted" (for lack of better words at the moment).

Return to “Master Replicas”