Re: I received Peter's sword!

Jarveye wrote:no need to get sarcastic
It was just a joke, lighten up...Nevermind Foe Hammer, I laughed :p
I think your jokes are funny. Don't worry about the guacamole though this time, I'm good ;)

Edit: Actually, I'm looking forward to the pics now too. This sword is growing on me, mainly because I lover Peter's shield, and naturally the sword would look nice with it :)
Last edited by The Flame of the West on Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I´ve seen the movie today and It´s made for kids principaly (produced by walt disney). I loved the centaurs, and all the job done by weta.
MY REALLY NICE COLLECTION
  • Customed Bracers of Gondor 1/1 - Museum Collection Maegnas 0364/3000 - Limited Edition Helm of Sauron 0176/3000 - Museum Collection Glamdring 0241/1000 - Glamdring White Scabbard - Maegnas Scabbard - Herugrim Sword - Eowyn Sword - Walking Axe of Gimli

Grima and I are trying to figure it out as well.

We both love the hilt, there is no question about that. The blade profile is great too... but the writing down the blade is what troubles us.

I think we would both prefer that it did not have that writing down it... it is a gamble... but its a great looking sword and being functional... :)
Valar morghulis

I was thinking you could probably replace the blade pretty easy seeing most/all of windlass made swords come apart pretty easily (well at least my mercenary does:rolleyes: ). This sword is a LE, so I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out if the movie turned out to be a big hit.

Anyways, wheres those pics?

:cheers:
~wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Since no one who has... the sword has posted pictures yet, I found a pretty decent one on the net that I thought I'd share. Maybe this has already been said, but did anyone watching the movie notice how the sword fit into the scabbard? The scabbard slipped up under thos two little prongs on each side of the sword. I thought that was killer! Makes me want the sword AND scabbard now!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OMG I'm confused now... I just noticed that the text on Peter's Sword in the above pic clearly states:

"When Aslan Shakes His Mane, We Shall Have Spring Again"

And the text from the official MR site CLEARLY states:

"When Aslan Bears His Teeth, Winter Meets It's Death"

Now... I like the sword reguardless, but any sword that has the word Death on it is automatically cooler in my book. So... whoever HAS or has SEEN the sword... what does it say, OR is it different on each side????

Okay, Sorry to post three times in a row here, but I think I figured it out.
After viewing some other sites... it apears that the message is different on each side of the blade. So BOTH the messages I listed are on the blade I believe.

NOW, my next question: This sword is LE, right? Atleast on the MR site it is called "Peter's Sword LE". Does anyone know how many swords were made, or if they are each numbered, w/ certificate, etc?

Return to “Master Replicas”