Pirates of the Caribbean

Hi everyone,

Just was browing the web and came across this on the MR website....the sword of Jack Sparrow will be released this summer! :heart_eye
Buttttt...i must say, i am dissapointed that it will be a stainless steel blade, especially for the price it's going for (same as Peter's sword i believe). On the other hand, it is limited to 3000 pieces..and limited is always good. Still deciding if i want this one...lol.

What do you guys think?

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

I personally don't think it's worth it. I've just had a look at the site, and $250 for that sword is a lot I think. It may be limited to 3000 pieces, but it's a very basic looking cutlass. I suppose that's to be e xp ected of Jack Sparrow though; he probably stole it :lol_blue: And I hope that product weight means the whole package, including box and display, otherwise that basic looking cutlass is also a treacherously heavy one!

Seems a little odd that MR would charge the same price for Peter's sword and this, yet opt for stainless steel for this one, when they used "durable hand-forged" steel for Peter's. Oh how I wish they'd make his shield other than in minature form *sigh*...

here it is the new jack sparrow sword .
i like this sword and the display box looks cool,but it is way to e xp ensive for a stainless steel sword.the blade chould have been made in a higher quality than this, a littel shame i think.
[ATTACH]1642[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

After little though...i agree with Flame...i don't think this sword is worth it. The price of it alone (forgetting the limited collector's part) is almost up there with Marto stainless blades, but without the same aesthetic appearnce..lol. And after looking at the pictures, the sword, to me, just doesn't seem to draw much attention...but that's just me and my tastes.

However, i would love to see them produce the other notable sword from the movie. The one that Will Turner made for Captain Norrington at the begining of the movie... That was a nice sword......

I don't know am.dk, i thought his sword had a smaller guard? Still looking for a good movie still of the sword, and when i do, i'll post it!

Think MR is going to make a few of these? Or just stick with the one sword? One one hand, some of the other swords got just as much screen time (and better looking swords if you ask me!). On the other hand, unlike the LOTR swords, there is not as much variance b/w each Pirate blade...but i could be way off on that one.

Return to “Master Replicas”