MR bought out... again

Well, after partnering with Corgi a year or so ago, which didn't seem to do any good (disappointing fans with the whole Ghostbuster thing, and they also hinted at Indy props a while ago, but I guess it never took off), MR has now been purchased by Factory Entertainment. I have no clue if this a good thing, but it does look like they are taking more of an effort to reach out with fans, creating Myspace, Twitter, and Facebook accounts. Plus the website reminds me of those Joker promotional sites for the dark knight (ahh good times). Anyways, the have issued a press release, which you can find here.

Anybody have anything they would like to see produced by MR, or reproduced? I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a couple more things in their POTC collection, and I've always like the Narnia swords too, specifically Peters. I've been debating with myself if I should hunt one down, since there getting pretty hard to find.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Re: MR bought out... again

Wow - that is news to me (been out of the MR loop for a while). I mean, to be honest, can't say that i'm surprised...after all the quick "clear out" sales they've had, and the vast number of products they pulled from production...

But on a lighter note - at least there are plans... Though, i never planned on purchasing a Ghostbuster item, it'd still be really cool to see them being made. I'm with you Grima, i would have loved to see more made from POTC, especially weaponary. And, i have not seen "Prince Caspian", so can't really comment on that movie. Either way, thanks for the news Grima! Something to keep an eye on...
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Re: MR bought out... again

Yeah, I was uber-excited about the Trek Tricorder, but then after delays it was finally canceled not long ago. I miss their Star Wars line, although I know that eFx has the license now and involve some original MR people, but some of the things they are putting out I'm not that interested in, like the lightsaber from the Clone Wars animated show, and the red commander helmet. But the X-Wing they made looks soooo awesome. And they also have a nice Clone Trooper helmet. I hope they make more items from the classic trilogy.

And I hope that the new MR will start producing more Trek items. I would love a phaser rifle from TNG, Geordi's Visor from TNG, and hopefully they'll rethink the Tricorder thing. Of course, Roddenberry.com has everything I want, it's just really e xp ensive! I want to see more from Aliens as well, to go along with the Motion Tracker. I hope they stop wasting time with Nintendo items and the Muppets! I mean, really!!

Return to “Master Replicas”