do you know "Swords Imports Replicas"?

Hello every body

I'm new on this forum, so please tell me if I make any mistake in my Thread.
As a short presentation: I'm french and I would like to buy a Lord of the Ring Sword, Anduril to be more precise.

In fact, after some research, I have found the well known United Cutlery models, which are very e xp ensive...

And I also have found some others models, a lot cheaper as one made by "Swords Imports Replicas". But I haven't found any review about their weapon's quality!!
I can send you the link, but it's a seller site (it's not permitted to put links, right?)

So I would like to know if any one already knows the SIR model?
This model cost 120€ (Anduril sword + scabbard)
Is it really worst compared to UC model? to buy it in France it may cost about 240€+180€ (Sword+scabbard)

Thanks for your comments!!

Re: do you know "Swords Imports Replicas"?

Welcome Khorwyn!
I can't speak for every body here, but most of us consider UC's licensed LOTR swords the best buy for your money.
Most are of the opinion that these unlimited replicas are not e xp ensive in relation to what you get, however, the limited editions are more$$, the museum editions even more$$(although I don't think there is an Anduril ME).

When you consider the Master Swordsmith Collection, made by Peter Lyon himself (Anduril $6000 US dollars) all fall into perspective.

Unfortunately, Europeans have to pay higher shipping costs.

You may want to browse this forum for feed back about less e xp ensive knock offs, most have been VERY disappointed when buying those.

Bon chance!
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Bon jour,

As previously stated, aside from United Cutlery and Noble Collection, no other company was granted an official license to replicate and produce blades from the Lord of the Rings, unless you count the FX Sting from Master Replicas.

For the simple fact that these unlicensed versions are nearly always inferior in quality (weak craftsmanship, poor materials, and prop inaccuracies,) I would definitely agree that the money saved on not buying the official UC version is far offset by the lousy end product you'll get with a knock-off, because that is surely what Swords Imports Replicas is selling.

I know our brothers and sisters in Europe get punished unfairly over this, but any collector worth his salt should save up that extra bit of money and do the right thing: buy the official version.

By the way, though we can all simply use Google to look this up, we have relaxed the rule on posting links. If you wish to do so, it's ok, but just post a disclaimer that the swords shown are NOT from United Cutlery. I'd hate for some enthusiastic newbie to jump into this thread without reading it fully, clicking the link, and excitedly buying one of those swords because they think they're getting a great deal. :huh:
This Space for Rent

Thanks a lot for your answers!

So as proposed, the site I was talking about is bellow.
Be aware this site sell both cheap copy and official United cutlery LOTR swords. I don't know this site and I do NOT recommend it at all, I just would like an advise about the cheaper models.

LOTR Swords:
http://www.toutesvosrepliques.com/bouti ... _fr&num=10

Official UC LOTR Swords:
http://www.toutesvosrepliques.com/bouti ... _fr&num=41

The main differences I can see, regarding the descriptions, are that the Cheaper swords are made with stainless steel 440 and not with real leather.
I perfectly understand this may produce swords that are not as beautiful as the UC's one, but I would like to know if the result can be acceptable.

Well the official UC replicas are outrageously priced! You can get them for a fraction of that cost here in the US.

Unless I'm wrong about the value of the Euro (which I know is down) those prices are at least twice as much.

If you can order from the US try;

http://www.bladecenter.com/

http://budk.com/Specialty-Shops/Movies/ ... -the-Rings
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

To complete the remark :'(

=> 1€ = 1.2988$

which means (for the best price I have found for UC Anduril sword+scabbard)
418.90€ = 544$ to get it from french salers (no shipping cost)

Thanks for your sites, but the problem are the shipping costs to europe. (in fact budk doesn't ship to europe...)
Here is the result with BladeCenter:

subtotal 300$ + 121$ shipping costs!! (=421$)

The last problem by purchasing from US to Europe is that I'm not sure I will not be charged additional country Taxes...

So you understand why I'm looking alternate solution? :(

Yeah, that's a bummer you have to pay so much. :'(
At that rate my collection would have cost me about $12,000 USD. And I doubt I'd have as many pieces as I do (and I don't exactly have a lot).

In fact here in France the cheapest swords are at the price of the UC one for you (about 100€ = 130$)

The site which seems to be the better one for us (French people I mean, I don't know for other european countries) is:
http://www.couteaux-center.com/boutique ... g_fr&num=5

Why I was asking for Sword Import Replicas in my first post is because I think (but it's not proven) that some good sword crafters are based in Spain (Toledo swords) but I would like to have confirmation of european crafted swords quality (even if they are not official LOTR licensed)

I haven't fund any other UC dealers in France or Europe (no real shop in Paris.)

sorrry fore multible post ,no that i am not supose to :embarasse

ok.khorwyn,i took sometime to look over the links,you post.

the dealers seems realiable.(but one thing on a cormersil website ,dont tell,what you get in the end).

my advise to you,is go for the sheapest uc version lotr item ,(in your interest ofcause)the comperny have up for sale.and se what you get .

i now its a cance.but dont worry .get an uc item and post up some picture,to this forum .we will tel if ,you got blown of.

if you want to go fore cheap knokoffs,you need to consitter ,(what the hell do i do,and what dol i want, whit this shytty blades. :|

1 "thoughts"can i share my petty knockoff,like.post pic.of detailes to a forum .and share my passion on swords .(forget it ) :evil:
do i really wants to hang this knokoff up on my wall,thingking ist fare apart.
do i get the ,feeling on holding a quality ,(that fore the standerd).in my hands when i like to give my sword a swing.

small quest my freind,you need to ask yourself.

knokoff is ok,fore own ego personerly use,wen hide away in youer own bacyard or basement maby,dont want to share.

the feallings comes to live if you have somthing to be pride of,somthing to show,something to share .
like us in this forum. :coolsmile

stay tooned khorwyn.

Return to “The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit”