High Elven Warrior Shield dimensions

Hey guys

So I'm going to Ikea to look at new shelving options, hopefully this weekend. I'd like to have an idea of how big I can go as far as a shelf/detolf/whatever I may find. One thing that I've left space for on my wall is the Elven Warrior Shield. In order to know what size shelving unit I should be looking at, I need to know the following:

1. The Shield's width at its widest point

2. The height at which the sides are at their widest

3. How far the shield comes out from the wall when displayed

Thanks a bunch. :thumbs_up
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Re: High Elven Warrior Shield dimensions

[quote=""Valkrist""]1 - 53 cm

2 - 88 cm

3 - 15 cm

Measurements are as approximate as I could make them, given that it's an object with two separate curvatures to measure around. Measurement #3 is taken at the center hollow for the shield holder's hand which is the most salient part of the shield when it is on the wall.[/quote]
Okay so now I have a question.
Isn't it a High Elven Warrior Shield that is in the lap of the statue holding the Shards of Narsil? (Minus the hand hold obviously)

And in your opinion Val, is that statues shield the same size as the dimensions you've given? I realize this is a guesstimate.

And finally, what's the full length of the shield? Actual
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Thranduil""]Okay so now I have a question.
Isn't it a High Elven Warrior Shield that is in the lap of the statue holding the Shards of Narsil? (Minus the hand hold obviously)

And in your opinion Val, is that statues shield the same size as the dimensions you've given? I realize this is a guesstimate.

And finally, what's the full length of the shield? Actual[/quote]

Yes, it is one of those shields that the statue is cradling. It could also be Gil-galad's Shield, but I'm pretty sure the dimensions of that shield are identical to those used by the common elven warriors.

By placing myself beside the shield and holding my arms out like the statue, yes, I would say they are the same dimension.

The full length of the shield is approx. 138 cm.
This Space for Rent

I've actually been trying to get someone to trace me out the outline of the shield for a while if any of you are willing to do that on some large paper (or even cloth or something at this point..).

I'm trying to cut a sheet of wood into the exact shape of the shield and make a "mantle" sort of thing, where I can put my shards of narsil, and have them on display without having to make the whole statue. :)

Return to “The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit”