Anduril Limited Pricing

Hey Guys,
finally after blowing out a load of money for some LOTR swords I got an offer I'm not sure I can resist: Anduril Limited Edition, nearly mint condition (only wall plaque has little damage due to the mounting screws on the backside), for only 130€.
Only the original box is missing, COA and everything else is available.
So I'm not really sure whether buying it or not. The price should be great but how does the missing box affect its collectors value?
I never really liked Anduril that much anyway. I allways prefered the "clean" Narsil which is on my to-buy-list, too. But now having the chance to get a LE sword for a good price I'm totally unsure.

Re: Anduril Limited Pricing

I'd jump on that Naz. It's a steal. In fact I think it may be less than original price.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Nazgûl""]And there goes the money..[/quote]

And here comes the sword you can sell for twice that and it would still be a great buy. :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

This really doesn't add much to the conversation about value, well maybe it does...

I don't keep any of my sword/dagger/helm boxes... I just simply don't have the room or the "want to" to keep up with all of that. Personally the value of the swords and things is the actual piece, not the boxes, but that I just me as some people value the box. Now if we are talking about other collectibles, like for instance, action figures, then I would say the box (unopened) is a must.

To keep all of my boxes, I would need another spare bedroom or storage building for all of that and that is not something I am interested in at all.

I'm of two minds on this issue. I know that the collector's world is obsessed with attributing a higher value to a collectible if it includes all of the original packaging, even if opened. No matter how you feel about it, this is simply a fact.

I still have all the boxes for my UC items and the SsW boxes for all my statues and such, but only because I have a storage compartment to put them all in, and my first thought in saving all that stuff was that if and when I move someday, I want to make things easier on myself while transporting everything and keeping it all safe from damage. Very much secondary to that was the thought that it increases the value of my collection that I still have all those boxes, but that's a bonus perk in my view.
This Space for Rent

Yeah there's no doubt the boxes take up a lot of space. Carefully stacked, my LOTR swords, etc take up as much space as a large refrigerator.
While the collector value is one issue, I agree Val that when it comes to moving they are indispensable.
I made one trip from Michigan to NY with my 4Runner filled to it's limit with just LOTR stuff.
It was quite a comfort knowing they were stowed away snug and secure while driving. :thumbs_up

Yep, I agree with Val also on the "collectible value" of keeping the box and also the protection factor.

But like Blade Collector, I simply don't have the room. And I'm not a hard core collector anyway, either of the "completest" of "save even the mailer" type.

If the day ever comes (which I doubt) that I have to let my LOTR collection go, it will be advertised "used, as is, no boxes". I don't even have all of the COAs for some of them. The swords are clearly marked, and duplicate COAs can be generated by anyone.

And speaking of room, the swords all fit where I want them to, but I don't have a good spot for my SS Dernhelm amd Morgul Lord "diorama".

And I'm really going to be hard-presssed to find a spot for Rivendell.
it is unlikely the swords and the Polystone will be in the same room. Polystone will probably be disp[layed in the "library" room with all my Tolkien books.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Return to “The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit”