Re: United Cutlery's - The Hobbit - Movie Props!

Ah yes, I'd forgotten you mentioned before the blade itself didn't actually exist, just the hilt and scabbard. Kinda odd when you consider how much detail and work they poured into the smallest things barely ever seen on screen, but did not bother to complete one sword, even if it was never meant to be drawn.

With the cross piece being so similar to Glamdring, I wonder if the swords were connected in some way. Poor Elrond, he loans out Fingon's sword while Turgon's is being cleaned and Gandalf goes and loses it. :laugh:
This Space for Rent

Fingolfin wrote:....I had quite forgotten about the other sword! Like Val, I sincerely hope that the extra sword didn't belong to another important elf! xP
Duh! It was an extra one....they picked it up during a BOGO sale.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Fingolfin wrote:Can you get elven royalty blades wholesale from the Bree Costco? Maybe that's what the "troll hoard" really was! :laugh:
You think JRRT is going to have a COSTCO in Bree? REALLY??? I mean, like JRRT even knows what a COSTCO is?
Jeez, you are denser than a blockheaded Bracegirdle from Hardbottle.
There is no COSTCO in Bree.

There is, however a store owned by relations of the Gamgees.
It is ....(wait for it).... SAM'S CLUB! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Deimos wrote:
Fingolfin wrote:Can you get elven royalty blades wholesale from the Bree Costco? Maybe that's what the "troll hoard" really was! :laugh:
You think JRRT is going to have a COSTCO in Bree? REALLY??? I mean, like JRRT even knows what a COSTCO is?
Jeez, you are denser than a blockheaded Bracegirdle from Hardbottle.
There is no COSTCO in Bree.

There is, however a store owned by relations of the Gamgees.
It is ....(wait for it).... SAM'S CLUB!
Ahh, got me! :laugh: :laugh:

Admittedly, I did not see that coming!

Nick, liking the staff? :coolsmile
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Fingolfin wrote:I don't know, if the price was low I might buy it because it's iconic but I would be concerned that a hunk of resin that big would seem too fake.
I'd quite like to see it made. Not a high priority item. The staves are big hunks of resin and they look pretty realistic. Also remember, if the oakenshield is made it would be small to be in the correct scale with all the other dwarvern pieces.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

I am not sure where the shield would place on my priority list . Guess I would wait to see if its made , what people think of it and the price . On the other hand , I had the Gandalf Light up staff by United in my hands over the weekend to check it out and I was quite impressed . If I didn't have the Gandalf staff already I would get it , so I am undecided here . I think I am going to wait to see how Kit does with the light up Moria Staff .

UC won't announce it until early next year, but I think the staff will be added to their LOTR line. I still have to put together a light rig and make the crystal, so all that still needs to be costed out. There's a chance it won't get the light in the production version, but I think it will. I plan on supervising this one all the way through, like I did with the BOFA/FOTR staff. The prop needs a lot of cleanup and repair that I have not even started on.
KRDS

Really looking forward to the scabbard and I'll be pre-ordering when it goes up. I imagine it's still a while away before UC officially announces it though.

Thranduil's sword looks fantastic under the HEWS, and I plan to display the scabbard underneath the sword. Shame I can't get the Mirkwood sword, but at least I'll be able to get the polearm... if Battleorders ever puts it back up for sale.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Man, that looks absolutely gorgeous, Kit. Nice work on this one, and thanks for the pics. Definitely a pick up for me.

What is the Infantry Helm that you have behind the new one? Looks to be unpainted or a different colour altogether. Is that one of the protos?

Also, I assume that screencap of the polearm is from one of the scenes that did not make EE cut?
This Space for Rent

Yes, that is a test of the silver/gray Mirkwood Captain Helm colors. Not sure if that version will ever get made, but it's these guys. Slightly different shape and details as the infantry helm.

Valkrist wrote: Also, I assume that screencap of the polearm is from one of the scenes that did not make EE cut?
I was told they never actually shot any footage of it after the initial tests proved to be too cumbersome to use for the crammed battle field scenes, so we will probably never see any on-set photos. That's just artwork made using the CGI characters on the battle field.
KRDS

Return to “The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit”