Re: United Cutlery's - The Hobbit - Movie Props!

Nasnandos wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:18 am Not much else new in the works, except a possible poly Eomer helm and steel Eomer spear head from ROTK.
More Rohirrim items . . . yay! :horseback

I'm all in on the spearhead (maybe more than one). My Thranduil-made Eomer helm is one of the jewels in my collection, so I will likely pass on the UC version . . . but there's little doubt that I'll probably take a long hard look at it. :coolsmile

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

That's a real bummer, Kit. Because the horse heads are on opposite faces of the hilt and therefore one of those inside edges will always be facing you, how noticeable do you think it will be? I'm thinking mainly as to how it will look hanging on the plaque and whether that lack of detail can be seen.

At this point, I'm looking forward more to the Indy version but 100% want the UC plaque for consistency in my display.
This Space for Rent

Lindir wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:44 pm Are you able to illustrate what you mean Kit? My brain appears to not be working properly today. In my head I’m imagining that half of the pony face will have no detail.
Think of each horse head on the blade as having a top, left side, and right side. In the left image in this pic, it's the side of the face you can't see, the one facing into the blade. You can kind of see that side of the head in the image on the right, with a bit of the eye and ear hole visible. On the actual sword there won't be any detail on that side of either head. It will just be smooth.
Valkrist wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:47 pm That's a real bummer, Kit. Because the horse heads are on opposite faces of the hilt and therefore one of those inside edges will always be facing you,
No, it's the side of the horse heads that does not face you.
KRDS

Nasnandos wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:05 am
Jash wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:21 pm A few Chinese Forges have been making red "Damascus" katana blades for years now. Also, Valyrian Steel has come out with a red "Damascus" blade for their Book Version Oathkeeper. Soooo it should be possible now ;)
A process for red Damascus has been around since 2002. I know because it was first used on the black Damascus version of my Valermos sword, which ended up being black and red. We actually figured out how to do it by mistake, then it took forever to learn how to repeat it. Later it was used on some Shinwa katanas, then Honshu swords. The same process was used for the Valyrian Steel Oathkeeper that I worked on. The same factory made all of those blades.
Thanks Kit! Love hearing how things came to be. Especially with such a neat story - the accidental finding of Red Damascus haha.

On a side note (sorry if you mentioned this before)… I know UC will not bring back the original Museum Collection... but may I ask why? Did they not sell well enough? Too much of a risk with the glass cases?
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

A disappointment, to say the least. And I agree with N2, it will be noticeable.
What would keeping that detail add to the cost of the sword? ....maybe $10? $20?
I'd be more than willing to pay for that accuracy of detail.

OK, dare I ask this?.... because now I am really concerned.
Is the pommel designed with the horse's head on one side only, i.e., the side that would show when the sword is hanging on the wall?
Because, going by UC's way of thinking (or not thinking), the other side won't show, so there's no reason to have any design on it all.
So what does the pommel look like?

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Thank for clarifying, Kit, I see what you mean now, and that is disappointing but not the end of the world.

Deimos, I'm pretty sure UC wouldn't go so far as to compromise the entire symmetry of the hilt (which is what makes it so unique) by eliminating one of the horse heads. I don't think a single fan of Guthwine would buy that sword if UC ever did that. The 3D renderings that Kit has shown so far illustrate the two horse heads, so I'm 100% confident they will both be present. I can't think of a single UC replica where costs were cut by not finishing the side that would face a wall when displayed. Yeah there is the annoying license stamp, and the occasional goof-up with the leather stitching on the wrong side, but this looks more like an unfortunate case of them cutting a small corner to make the sword easier (and cheaper) to manufacture.
This Space for Rent

Thanks for taking the time to explain, Kit, I can see what you were referring too. I’d been remembering the shape of the guard a little differently in my head, so I thought it would be a more pronounced issue but I do think that the angle of the horse/pony heads will prevent it from being a glaring problem.

When you say smooth, I understand the nostril and eye hole and ear won’t be there but will the shape of the brow and nose of the horse still be present or will it instead be completely flat onto the blade?

I’m imagining that the design was changed due to a manufacturing issue, Deimos, and not about cutting costs. I could be wrong though.

I can’t wait to see how it turns out :)
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Valkrist wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:43 am Thank for clarifying, Kit, I see what you mean now, and that is disappointing but not the end of the world.

Deimos, I'm pretty sure UC wouldn't go so far as to compromise the entire symmetry of the hilt (which is what makes it so unique) by eliminating one of the horse heads. I don't think a single fan of Guthwine would buy that sword if UC ever did that. The 3D renderings that Kit has shown so far illustrate the two horse heads, so I'm 100% confident they will both be present. I can't think of a single UC replica where costs were cut by not finishing the side that would face a wall when displayed. Yeah there is the annoying license stamp, and the occasional goof-up with the leather stitching on the wrong side, but this looks more like an unfortunate case of them cutting a small corner to make the sword easier (and cheaper) to manufacture.
"Pommel", dear...not hilts. You know, the knobby thing at the end of the grip that acts as a counter weight (and also keeps the grip from sliding off ) ...

Valkrist wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:08 pm Ouch, your sarcasm bites deep today. :embarasse

I know what a pommel is. I think my brain just skipped over the word while reading your post since we were previously talking about the issue with the horse heads on the hilt. My bad
Ok, but do you see my concern? The Pommel has the horse's head, and it SHOULD be on both sides.
Just wondering how cheap UC is going to go with this , juneau...
And really, some new hire bright boy with a business degree (who has never cracked a Tolkien book) might suggest just that, to wit, why bother making the molds (for casting) two sided when the thing is just hanging on a wall and no one sees the reverse anyway.

A fair point and concern but I would still be very shocked if UC did something like that. It has no precedent beyond, as you say, some new guy trying to come in with cost-saving ideas. Hopefully that fear has as much of a chance of realizing itself as that horrifying rumour from years ago that they were going to start permanently affixing swords to their plaques. :O
This Space for Rent

Lindir wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:38 am When you say smooth, I understand the nostril and eye hole and ear won’t be there but will the shape of the brow and nose of the horse still be present or will it instead be completely flat onto the blade?
I'm only talking about the side of the head facing into the blade. The top will be as shown in the 3D images above. Actually I tweaked it a bit since that snapshot was made.
Lindir wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:38 am I’m imagining that the design was changed due to a manufacturing issue, Deimos, and not about cutting costs.
Exactly.
Jash wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:32 am On a side note (sorry if you mentioned this before)… I know UC will not bring back the original Museum Collection... but may I ask why? Did they not sell well enough? Too much of a risk with the glass cases?
Do you mean bring back the two the old UC made, or continue the line? Weta kind of already did it, and did it 1000x better, although I think there is probably room to do something in between.

I remember there was a huge loss on those MC cases from shipping damage, so I doubt anything like that will ever be tried again. The factory that made the swords did a terrible job too. Both those products were not even close to being functional. UC can make them functional now, but I'm not sure if they want to try it. Maybe when the LOTR series comes out and LOTR interest peaks again. We can only hope.
KRDS

Yes, Weta did it way better, but those are also 30x the cost of what the MC line used to be. It would be cool to have an intermediate line for those that want something slightly fancier than the normal UC replicas, but not so expensive that it drives them into bankruptcy, like Weta's MSSC line. Still, if the tradeoff is a poorly made product like those old MC blades, then we're better off without it.
This Space for Rent

Valkrist wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:07 am It would be cool to have an intermediate line for those that want something slightly fancier than the normal UC replicas, but not so expensive that it drives them into bankruptcy, like Weta's MSSC line.
Yes, that's what I meant by "something in between". United has delved into the functional sword market off and on since 2007, but really did not go full bore into it until the Honshu line about 4 years ago, which I design. Those are mostly forged Japanese style blades, but they recently added a broadsword I designed. I tested a production sample last month that was excellent, so I know the functional blades are no problem. However, I think they would want to cast the guards and pommels in a zinc alloy like the current LOTR swords to keep the cost down. At a guess, doing those parts in steel would mean the cost for a sword like Glamdring would go from around $1500 to $3000-4000.
KRDS

Damn. Disappointing to see a compromise like that on such an elegant hilt design. Hopefully it won't look too bad in its finished form.

While I have been keeping an eye on Indy's Guthwine run, I decided that I'd rather stick with UC and keep my collection as uniform as possible. Now though, I might have to consider his again if he pulls off a more accurate version.

Based on the photos below that Indy posted on the RPF, it seems he decided not to make an accurate version, just something similar. Or maybe that's as close as his maker could get. It's a very tricky guard to sculpt. That side of the horse head is bent outward on Indy's, so they could not do the undercut either.

Here is the hero and stunt prop guards.
Last edited by Nasnandos on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
KRDS

JJByers wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:01 am @Nasnandos

Hey Kit do you still have Deathless? I am thinking about tweaking my Noble Collection one to look........ A whole lot better than what we got lol. Or could you just recommend colors. In AUJ is the hilt more gold colored or would you say just dry brush some brass or gold paint on the hilt at first? Thank you!
I posted a few prop photos in this thread. Dry brushing gold and silver in the appropriate places would help, but there is also some green patina in there and even rust color at the blade tang.
http://ucforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=455 ... 98#p114498
KRDS

Nasnandos wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:29 pm
JJByers wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:01 am @Nasnandos

Hey Kit do you still have Deathless? I am thinking about tweaking my Noble Collection one to look........ A whole lot better than what we got lol. Or could you just recommend colors. In AUJ is the hilt more gold colored or would you say just dry brush some brass or gold paint on the hilt at first? Thank you!
I posted a few prop photos in this thread. Dry brushing gold and silver in the appropriate places would help, but there is also some green patina in there and even rust color at the blade tang.
http://ucforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=455 ... 98#p114498
Nice! Thank You. Guessing the last pic is the plaque we would have had with United's version? God I wish United would make that sword... Noble's is such a discount deathless lol

Yes, I think that was one of my display designs from before AUJ was released. That sword, like Thorin's regal sword, could not be made in a production version because the blade was about 1/2" thick and had grinds that could not be done on a machine grinder. It was too long to cast in stainless without warpage issues. I suppose we could have done it with a 5-6mm thick blade like the LOTR swords, and deep etched the engraved parts, but it just would not have looked right. The only way to do it properly would be to mill and CNC the blade out of a block of steel and make a tiny run of 50-100 pieces. The cost with the handle tooling amortized into it would have been a few thousand though, so that would not have worked either.
KRDS

Nasnandos wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:30 am Yes, I think that was one of my display designs from before AUJ was released. That sword, like Thorin's regal sword, could not be made in a production version because the blade was about 1/2" thick and had grinds that could not be done on a machine grinder. It was too long to cast in stainless without warpage issues. I suppose we could have done it with a 5-6mm thick blade like the LOTR swords, and deep etched the engraved parts, but it just would not have looked right. The only way to do it properly would be to mill and CNC the blade out of a block of steel and make a tiny run of 50-100 pieces. The cost with the handle tooling amortized into it would have been a few thousand though, so that would not have worked either.
Noble's is pretty beefy lol. That basic shapes are there. My gripe is mostly the finish on it though. Appears to be a 3 piece hilt. The guard, the handle, and the pommel is epoxied on, mine has some showing from the seams. But they advertised it all shiny and golden with some weathering. And what you got was nothing of the sort. Was the Deathless prop received that much larger than Kili's sword? I figured they were all ME scale so it'd range along that size? Noble's fits in well with UC's Fili and Kili swords, its cosmetic shortcoming REALLY show next to them as well though.

That prop did have two colors, although less so on the other side. The prop pix the production sent me had more more of a gradual change from light brown to dark. Yes, that's Kili's bow. That's Bolg's mace on the right. It's the early version before they changed him to the dungeon keeper orc, the one Galadriel "exploded."

I have two each of the Fili and Kili swords from the second load. No deflection warpage at all. I think that was an issue with some of the first load that shipped, before they learned how to re-bend the blades after casting. Unfortunately, that's that nature of casting long pieces of steel, and probably why we will never have a Deathless replica with a real steel blade.
KRDS

Yep, I remember you mentioning that UC did some course-correction after the first batch. There were also obvious marks on the side of the blade where the metal was poured into the molds and then the stock was removed, if I'm remembering the details correctly (probably not.)

I did wait until the next batch before ordering mine but still got a minor warp, though nowhere near as bad as some I'd seen photos of.
This Space for Rent

Wow didn't realize Deathless was that much bigger. My Noble version has some slight warping too but nothing that major. Sorry to see that. Personally I would have rather have had a good UC Deathless in polyresin over the Regal Sword(s) that I continually received in exchanges from BUDK... I think I still claim the crown for worst luck ever from that whole ordeal. 6 swords... All cracked somewhere... Jeez... Lol. BUUUUT! What all pictures and info you got on them Walking Axe blades I see up there? Thats my favorite axe. I recently bought a second one. Some wobble between the first piece of wood that makes up the haft and the axe head. Guessing the epoxy has broken loose all these years later? Not that it bothers me. Were the hafts to those really that thin on the prop? Looking at the film with what Davies has in hand and what I had it seems the UC Walking Axe haft is pretty thin? I could be wrong though, I am alot lol.

Nasnandos wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:02 am
Jash wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:32 am On a side note (sorry if you mentioned this before)… I know UC will not bring back the original Museum Collection... but may I ask why? Did they not sell well enough? Too much of a risk with the glass cases?
Do you mean bring back the two the old UC made, or continue the line? Weta kind of already did it, and did it 1000x better, although I think there is probably room to do something in between.

I remember there was a huge loss on those MC cases from shipping damage, so I doubt anything like that will ever be tried again. The factory that made the swords did a terrible job too. Both those products were not even close to being functional. UC can make them functional now, but I'm not sure if they want to try it. Maybe when the LOTR series comes out and LOTR interest peaks again. We can only hope.
My apologies - I meant did UC have plans to continue the MC line after Glamdring and Sting? I really had my fingers crossed for Anduril and then Strider's lol. I agree - I don't think it would be worth it now, especially with the cases and increase in production costs. I just enjoyed having an "upgraded" display version. Honestly, out of my entire weapons collection - my MC Glamdring probably gets the most compliments.

Very interesting inside look on the Guthwine hurdles (from both versions coming out). I wonder if this was the most problematic steel sword to be replicated thus far? lol. I look forward to both versions! I'll probably put Indy's in a case similar to Glamdring and start my own continuation of the MC line :D
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

JJByers wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:13 am Were the hafts to those really that thin on the prop? Looking at the film with what Davies has in hand and what I had it seems the UC Walking Axe haft is pretty thin? I could be wrong though, I am alot lol.
It's dead on to the prop. I still have the full set of Gilmi axe props.

Not sure why those axe heads were on the table in that pic. I must have been working on those at the time, maybe for a reissue.
Jash wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:18 am My apologies - I meant did UC have plans to continue the MC line after Glamdring and Sting?

I'm sure they would have, but by that time United's sister company and some other nutty acquisitions had drained United's bank account dry and they closed down not long after.
JJByers wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:13 am Very interesting inside look on the Guthwine hurdles (from both versions coming out). I wonder if this was the most problematic steel sword to be replicated thus far? lol.
It was a relatively easy one actually, compared to some of the other ME weapons. Of course, it's not done yet, so there is always the potential for something else to crop up, but it's a pretty straightforward build.
KRDS

Nasnandos wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:16 am It's dead on to the prop. I still have the full set of Gilmi axe props.

Not sure why those axe heads were on the table in that pic. I must have been working on those at the time, maybe for a reissue.
I believe it was that UC was considering a re-release. A lot of the things they were considering back when AUJ came out were really exciting and so have etched themselves into my brain haha especially the planned Legolas scabbards with the harness. Still hoping that might happen one day.

Thanks for the info Kit. I was sure UC would have went with Gloin's axe as a reissue since its one a few pieces that can cover both trilogies. I just got Noble's Gimli Axe yesterday... Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Like... What? What are they doin'? Seriously, I bought my nephew one of those cheap Halloween $12 plastic Gimli Axes, Noble's Axe weighs about the same as that.
But really, I just had to see for myself. All this time. I had to compare the two. That being said, a job VERY well done on those UC axes Kit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United's were not always perfect. Most of the blades were made just before the old United closed it's doors, and I don't think anyone cared at that point. I see some casting flaws on the left of your UC Gimli axe.

Noble's axe was not constructed very well, but it did not look bad. The one I had literally broke in half within 10 minutes of taking it out of the package. We were looking it over in the office and someone took a swing through the air with it and the head snapped off. The 'embossed leather' part of the handle shaft looked good on it though. Better than the embossing United did.
KRDS

Kit, apologies as I believe this has been asked before but I can’t remember if you said you hadn’t received the prop or weren’t able to post pictures of the prop at the time, but would you be willing to share pics of the Mirkwood quiver if you’re able? Either the one used by the Mirkwood scouts or Tauriel’s version.

I’ve recently gotten into archery, shooting a new takedown bow that I bought. Would like to have a go at making a quiver inspired by the Mirkwood quivers but there’s not much reference material to go on. The Weta chronicle books show the shape of it perfectly but not the finer details. I doubt I’ll be able to do the bronze/brass parts, but like I said if I get round to it, it’ll be more of an inspired by as opposed to an attempt at producing a faithful replica.

Oh the UC axes aren't without flaws. But... I've dropped one of those and it didn't break lol. I've read multiple times of NC's snapping. I don't like the painted axe head. Honestly I'd love their embossed leather on a UC axe. Not glued with seam coming up though. Stitched. Each axe blade seems a separate piece that snapped into the center accent. Guessing thats what retrains the haft too as I can only pull the haft out of the axe head but so far before it stops completely. Clever design I'll say that much for it.
I initially wanted the Noble axe for being just what it is. I have a friend who builds furniture and he offered to make a better haft for it. I made the remark I wish I had one I could swing, and Noble's axe probably not being as heavy would be a good candidate. As no one wants to throw their back out with a UC Axe hahaha. Thing is now, seeing how its put together, it clearly wasn't meant to have the axe blades pulled back out.

United's on Facebook again asking for input on products. I say Gimli's Throwing axes personally. They're small enough they wouldn't require a metal rod, you could drill out and insert a threaded plug inside the haft, like Bard's Arrow or Gandalf's staff, and bolt the head onto the haft from there. Doubt they'll happen buy hey. They did respond to one person saying Gimli's Axe may return in 2020 but it isn't 100% yet, just a possibility. I'd pick one up anyway, just to see how the new UC axe steps against the old. They didn't specify which axe, but hey, you can never have too many axes lol.

Ugh, I hate when they do that. It really just feeds false hope because they never seem interested in releasing anything that we've been begging for. Guthwine is an anomaly and to this day I wonder if Indy's version didn't have something to do with that.

At any rate, their polls usually end up meaning they are fishing to see which old, previously-released UC item, people would like to see come back, and that's invariably what we get. Kit just finished telling us there's really nothing planned beyond *maybe* the Eomer helm and spear, so I would trust what he knows 100% more than these stupid polls they seem to do every year.
This Space for Rent

Those polls, limited as they are, have actually driven all of the reissue requests and much of the new product development since 2014. I looked through it this morning and it seems on par with the 2014 and 2018 polls.

These are the most requested items, in order:
‪Sword of Denethor‬
‪Helm of Eomer‬
‪Merry and Pippins Weathertop swords‬
Merry and Pippin's daggers
‪Horn of Gondor
Aeglos
Sword of Faramir

These have lesser requests, but seem to always show up on these polls:
‪Reissue of Isildur’s sword‬
‪Reissue of Eowyn's sword‬
‪Ringwraith sword #3‬
‪Sword of Sauron
Helm of Theoden
‪Deathless - Thorin's Sword‬
Sword of Haldir
‪Lothlorian Bow of Legolas‬
‪Fountain Guard helm‬

Past that is is a bit of anything and everything, mostly one-off requests
KRDS

Nasnandos wrote: Those polls, limited as they are, have actually driven all of the reissue requests and much of the new product development since 2014. I looked through it this morning and it seems on par with the 2014 and 2018 polls.

These are the most requested items, in order:
‪Sword of Denethor‬
‪Helm of Eomer‬
‪Merry and Pippins Weathertop swords‬
Merry and Pippin's daggers
‪Horn of Gondor
Aeglos
Sword of Faramir
Kit - Is that a list compiled from various polls? The latest poll on FB (I've left off everything with less than 4 votes as its a LONG list) - Denethors sword is further down on this one. I would assume items like Boromir horn aren't covered under the UC license, as its not a weapon/Shield?
New poll as of Aug 30th.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That's from the posted replies in the current poll as of yesterday, after sorting through the different names people use for the same items. The upvotes are not counted and aggregated with that yet. I have a friend who adds all these up every time United does a poll for LOTR! Based on posts and upvotes together he says Aeglos, Denethor's sword, Horn of Gondor, and Ringwraith sword #3 are tops. When you have a choice to pick already on screen, results can be different, so you have to look at both. I'm going to look at all that this weekend.

UC can do the horn, as it falls under "weapons and arms". They can do just about anything like that, except clothing and jewelry.
KRDS

I'm not on Facebook and unable to vote, but you could put me down for quite a few of those. My top 5 would be Legolas's Lothlorien bow, 3rd Ringwraith sword, Boromir's shield and horn and Faramir's sword. Actually, I'd buy pretty much everything from LOTR if it was produced. I'm always surprised on how popular some items are with little to no screen time, namely Sauron's and Denathor's swords. I know Aeglos is barley seen at all, but I am a little biased as I love the design and would love to have a metal version of it!

I hope these polls will actually lead to new items being made instead of just more re-issues of previous products. I know they are popular with people who missed out and secondary prices are high, but why make them limited in the first place.

N2, given you made a Boromir shield for yourself, I'm surprised you'd want one made by UC. I seriously doubt they'd be able to top the quality of what you made, not to mention Rick's amazing leather work. I also thought you got one of Blindsquirrel's Boromir Horn kits?

As for Aeglos, yeah having a metal spear head would be awesome but the detail on that thing is so intricate I could see UC going the resin route, which would be a shame. Or, a metal blade but no shaft, same as they are possibly planning with Eomer's spear.
This Space for Rent

Valkrist wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:16 pm N2, given you made a Boromir shield for yourself, I'm surprised you'd want one made by UC. I seriously doubt they'd be able to top the quality of what you made, not to mention Rick's amazing leather work. I also thought you gor one of Blindsquirrel's Boromir Horn kits?

As for Aeglos, yeah having a metal spear head would be awesome but the detail on that thing is so intricate I could see UC going the resin route, which would be a shame. Or, a metal blade but no shaft, same as they are possibly planning with Eomer's spear.
We'll I'm always looking for the most accurate version I can get my hands on. I know there are some things that are different on our shields versus the Weta version and I would upgrade given the chance. It would depend on how the final product ended up, because if it was entirely resin like the Gondor shield and painted to look like leather and wood I might pass (but might be a good base to improve / modify from?) and I do have the horn as well and some of those details aren't screen accurate either. I'm sure UC could do a better job at replicating the brass elements better that just paint.

I was thinking to myself on how I could aluminum sand cast all of the spears I've been working on (Aeglos, Gondorian and Rohan) to be actual metal, but would require molding and casting each one separately along with clean up and would be rather labor intensive. :viking:

I'd almost bet my life that if UC made Boromir's shield today, that it would be nearly all resin. I just don't see them making that detailed boss out of metal, or covering that much surface in actual leather. It probably wouldn't even come with the strap. I know I'm sounding extra cynical here, but a properly made Boromir shield would cost way more than UC would ever want to charge us for it. If they're going to cut corners, which they assuredly will, I'm 100% happy with your version. It's the reason I'm very likely to not replace my Eomer or Theoden helms with UC resin versions. I'm a stickler for accuracy too, but nothing beats the feel of a metal replica.

As for the Horn, yeah, I would only upgrade mine if the brass pieces were actual metal as well.
This Space for Rent

Return to “The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit”