Re: High Elven Bow

Yeah it's an awesome looking bow and would be perfect for my High Elven display.

Talking about High Elven stuff. I found someone who's willing to sell his High Elven Warrior Sword. It comes in the brown box, so seconds production run, first was in blue. If I remember right there was talk about quality issues with the second run here on the board, but I can't find the thread anymore?

[quote=""Nazgûl""] It comes in the brown box, so seconds production run, first was in blue. If I remember right there was talk about quality issues with the second run here on the board, but I can't find the thread anymore?[/quote]

Sorry, but I think you're wrong on that one. By the time the High Elven Warrior Sword came out, UC was shipping all of its products in brown boxes already. I have a first run one, pre-ordered and bought as soon as it came out, and it was a brown box. The blue boxes had already stopped being used. Trust me on that one.

As for the quality issues, there were some problems on the first run with the leaf pattern not lining up correctly on the two halves of the handle. Mine has this problem. There were also complaints that the seam in the pommel was too pronounced. I'm not aware of whether these problems were corrected in later runs of this sword.
This Space for Rent

BTW: I'll get the bow for 200€, pretty much for a non functional bow, but I really like the gold platings etc. And compared to the 400€ from that shop it looks like a steel as it's mint condition too.
Also the bow is sold out from the manufacture. It's a german manufacture so I have no doubts it's a quality piece.

I still hold that the HEWS never had a blue box. If someone has a photo of one, then I'll shut up.

As for the bow, 200 euros is a lot better than 400, but still overpriced for something that is non-functional. Still, for that amount, I would definitely consider it. So you're saying that bow is no longer available directly from Elbenwald?
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]I still hold that the HEWS never had a blue box. If someone has a photo of one, then I'll shut up.

As for the bow, 200 euros is a lot better than 400, but still overpriced for something that is non-functional. Still, for that amount, I would definitely consider it. So you're saying that bow is no longer available directly from Elbenwald?[/quote]

200 Euros is about $240 US dollars....

Didn't a lot of forum members pay about $400 for the non-functional Lothlorien Bow? :huh:

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Yes, and I'm one of those members, Deimos. I guess I should have reiterated my point that once you add shipping from Europe for an item that large, it gets quite e xp ensive overall. :(

Also, while I do consider the Lothlorien Bow to have been overpriced, it was still one of those things that I had to have. The Elven Bow in question is less important movie-wise to me as it did not belong to a specific character.
Last edited by Valkrist on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]Yes, and I'm one of those members, Deimos. I guess I should have reiterated my point that once you add shipping from Europe for an item that large, it gets quite e xp ensive overall. :(

Also, while I do consider the Lothlorien Bow to have been overpriced, it was still one of those things that I had to have. The Elven Bow is question is less important movie-wise to me as it did not belong to a specific character.[/quote]

Yep...shipping is a big e xp ense...Khal bought my Anduril scabbard for $100 (USD) and paid almost another $60 or so for shipping and some kind of import duty.

But on a related note about the bow...there is a fully functional elven bow out there that looks pretty good.

It is made by Justin Steinmetz of GIBow (the website is www.GIBow.com ) , and I'm almost certain it is Rick Cottontree who owns it, and maybe the one and only.

It was probably a commissioned work and I have no idea what it cost back then or if Justin would be willing to do another.

Never hurts to ask, though...

Honestly, and as I argued over in another thread, functionality really means squat to me, especially with a weapon I never plan to use. I only really brought it up in this case because it related to the price-point of the item in question.

For that reason and that of accuracy to the original prop, it would be unlikely that I would commission a custom-made, functional bow, but thanks for offering a lead. :)
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]Honestly, and as I argued over in another thread, functionality really means squat to me, especially with a weapon I never plan to use. I only really brought it up in this case because it related to the price-point of the item in question.

For that reason and that of accuracy to the original prop, it would be unlikely that I would commission a custom-made, functional bow, but thanks for offering a lead. :) [/quote]

Chill, Mr Valkrist, sir. ;)

I mentioned the Gi Bow elven bow mostly to give a lead to whomever it was that first asked about it.

[quote=""Nazgûl""]BTW: I'll get the bow for 200€, pretty much for a non functional bow, but I really like the gold platings etc. And compared to the 400€ from that shop it looks like a steel as it's mint condition too.
Also the bow is sold out from the manufacture. It's a german manufacture so I have no doubts it's a quality piece.[/quote]

hey buddy - i own that bow and parts of it are not actually steel - in fact the product isnt as fantastic quality as the picture makes it out to be - the whole thing is made from woof and if you do end up getting i must warn that it is an extremely tough and risky job getting the string on the bow - you have to stand on the bow and bend it in order to get the string on it comes with instructions to do that but still it feels like the bow will snap whilst your doing it. It is an amazing bow (did you see my gallery on it?) and does look great,

Wow, that's interesting to know, Khal. If the bow is not functional, which clearly it isn't, I wonder why it wouldn't come already strung? You don't want to keep a functional bow strung while not in use so as to not ruin the natural tension on the limbs, but this is a non-issue on a bow that will never be fired, so I wonder why they decided to let the customer do it and risk something go horribly wrong. :huh:
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Khal1993""]hey buddy - i own that bow and parts of it are not actually steel - in fact the product isnt as fantastic quality as the picture makes it out to be - the whole thing is made from woof and if you do end up getting i must warn that it is an extremely tough and risky job getting the string on the bow - you have to stand on the bow and bend it in order to get the string on it comes with instructions to do that but still it feels like the bow will snap whilst your doing it. It is an amazing bow (did you see my gallery on it?) and does look great,[/quote]

Just checked your pics. I really like the bow. Would you recommand buying it for 200€ or should I pass.
BTW what does the white text on the bow say?

I think 200 is okay - as for the white text - it says only for display - the weird thing is yeah, is that i thought it would have that sort of double curve you know how it goes in and out and then in and out again like a wobbly line - but it doesn't - it just forms a normal curve

Return to “The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit”