UC 1300 Advice

Greetings, all:

I'd like to ask your advice, if I may? I've been hunting for a UC 1300 for quite a while, as I really don't like the Hobbit Sting scabbard. Granted, I'm about 7 years too late to find one, but something did pop up just recently in my own area. Someone is selling one of the UC Sting's, along with one of the old UC 1300 scabbards. The only problem is the scabbard is missing the bottom decorative piece. It looks, from the text of the seller, that there's a black nub which anchored the detailed silver piece onto the scabbard itself. He's asking $30, and I really don't know if I should get it. Got advice? I don't think I can find the missing piece, and I certainly can't make one, but I'm hesitant to pass it up. All thoughts are most welcome, as always.

Cheers,

Guy
omnia quae antehoc facta sunt atque iterum factura

'All this has happened before and will happen again'[/font]

Re: UC 1300 Advice

I just wanted to say "thank you" to Shawn (Magneticone) for quickly getting in contact with me, and helping me find a long, sought-after piece. I know for most of you the UC 1300 probably seems quite basic and a standard piece, but for me I'm very happy to have found a proper scabbard (I very much dislike the new Hobbit version).

You all pointed me in the right direction to get the ME Sting a couple years ago, and I haven't regretted it since. It looks good next to UC Glamdring (that reminds me of something I need to post for you all). I really wished to get a carbon steel Anduril from Darksword, custom, but they don't do that anymore and they are selling their last batch of Anduril's. So once this batch is gone, it's gone. And I have trouble, as does my wife, justifying $500 on a sword, albeit real, that will just hang on the wall. Granted, I know I would be fully ready for the zombie apocalypse when it happens, but still....I'm being really frugal with myself, as my wife and I have committed to a 2-year plan to eliminate our car and credit card debt, which is sizable (thank you, hospitals). But seeing as this is my wife's Xmas gift to me, it doesn't count. :lol:

Cheers,

Guy

That price is a bit steep don't you think Guy.

Only 39 left in stock ! This is the last batch of Anduril swords available by Darksword. Once sold, the Anduril and Ranger swords will be removed from our site, discontinued, and never sold again.

The Lord of the Rings Anduril battle ready sword is a recreation from the popular trilogy written by J.R,.R. Tolkien. The Anduril is hand Crafted with 5160 High Carbon steel, dual hardened to a Rockwell of 60 at the edge and 48-50 at the core. The beautifully detailed leather handle is accentuated by the unique pommel, making this one of the most recognized fantasy swords (read more…)
$ 500.00–$ 625.00

I'm happy for you that you finally menaged that Sting Scabbard. :thumbs_up

Thanks! Yeah, the price is high enough, then you add in their custom job, which is another $400, and the price is ridiculous. I found one that was customized as I searched around, and the guy said Darksword added another $400 to put the gold inlay and elvish script. That's absolutely crazy IMO. How could I justify $800-900 for a sword, real or not? Maybe one day that would be a real choice, if ever I don't have normal bills and life expenses.

I add items to my scant LotR collection quite slowly, so I appreciate the advice when I pop back in from time to time. I still collect items from Battlestar Galactica (the 2004-09 series, not the original), but they are far fewer as the auctions have been over for five years now. There's a collecting community for those items, and it's still going.

Up next for LotR--I'm thinking I'll order (or make a Xmas gift request) for the Hansen silver chain for my custom One Ring. Perhaps a Gondorian helm or an actual UC Anduril, so I can get rid of this ugly knock off that hangs near the other two nice swords. Baby steps. :lol:

Cheers,

Guy

Dark Shadow wrote:The only decent cheap knock off IMO is the Elven knife of Strider,that's close by the original.
Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the knock-off. I got it really early on, and I didn't know the difference. It stays on the wall simply because of the space needed, and its days are numbered.

Return to “The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit”