Re: argonaut sword

I have looked at this sword before. I do like the looks of it... very unique in some aspects. The plaque that comes with it is also very nice. I don't believe its to accurate in terms of history... but that does not matter... its labelled as a fantasy sword.

I have lost my interest in display, stainless steel, "wall hangers", or anything that is deemed artwork.

I do like the looks of it as I mentioned earlier though. What do you think about the sword?
Valar morghulis

now i am gona get this argonaut sword i won the action,its a good price for me.
remeber evry time you pay 150$ for a lotr sword i have to calculete +80$ for shipping and +25%.on the 150$ for taxes(just an exemple).
and uc produkts is very hard to find over here,so i go for what comes up on our religelble auction.whitin the interest ofcauce.(altso i have my dealer).
this one cost me oround a 100 bucks.

year i get the point here ,this post have been up to long ,and it is about time it is getting delidet.
i have the sword the uc version not the factery x version.
and i do follow you now ,it is a cheap standlees steel wallhanger(but it is funny).nothing what i will buy agein. :o
i think i made a mistake buying this thing.
but i like the decoration on the sword.

You like the decoration on the sword, which means you like the way it looks, but yet you think it's a cheap sword, not worthy of your money?
That doesn't make any sense to me.

So what if it's a wall hanger? You like the way it looks, and it's supposed to hang on the wall. What is wrong with that? Nothing. Oh, it's got a ****py stainless steel blade. That's because it's a display sword; it requires less maintenance that way.

I just find it odd when people suddenly go off wall hangers because they've finally realised that they are not the only swords out there. It's almost as if you think you or your collection will be better if it contains only functional swords that will more than likely never be used, since they cost so much more to buy. But whatever. I've got a $600 MC Glamdring coming, and guess where that will be spending most of its time. But then, I've got nothing against display swords.
Note: This isn't aimed at anyone in particular. Just wanted to cover my bases since people seem to be so easily offended.

Edit: Seems I can't even use the word c r a p p y. That's a little absurd, don't you think?
Last edited by The Flame of the West on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, whoops! I added ****py to the list... and forgot to take it off.

I haven't really lost my interest in wallhangers... as all of the swords in my collect will at one point or another be a wall hanger. I was taken in by the antique swords and am currently doing a lot of research into historical swords.

I don't think it really matters what its made of.. but the use for it. Why get a functional sword if your never going to use it... whether that be practicing with a friend or reenactment.
Valar morghulis

first of all i did not say that its not worth the money,and this argonaut sword does have beutyfull decorations.this was one of the first swords i got,and when i got my mc sting just 14 days letter,you can see the difrents between the kvaliti with a random eye, just by looking at the swords.:goofy_pur
i liked your morale speach about quality and wallhangers,but it dosen`t make sense whit that e xp ensive uc collektion you have there flame.:confused:
i dont now what you are going fore when buying swords,is it the look ? is it the kvalitet ?ore is it the compination of how the sword are made. :)
for me it is the combination . it is not that i dont now,there is other swords fore seel,just because i am new here.flame (so plees dont point fingers at my like i am some caind of a retade).:lol_blue:
the argonaut sword does not hvae this combination it looks cool,but the kvalitet of the blade hmm!and it altso a littel loose betvine the blade and the crosguard.but for the price it is a ok item.

I think you misunderstood me. I certainly didn't intend to imply you were retarded, nor would would I discriminate against you because you're new here...If it came across that way, which it shouldn't have, then I apologise.

I don't understand your point about my post though. Granted, my collection has cost a fair bit, but I don't have a problem with wall hangers. I really don't see how my collection relates to the alleged "moral speech" I gave. I was merely making an observation about how people suddenly go off wall hangers, that's all.

Regarding the argonaut sword, I know you didn't say it wasn't worth the money, but saying it was a mistake buying would imply it's not worth it. You must have known before you ordered that this was a wall hanger; that it had an inferior blade.

Again, not sure what I look for in a sword has to do with this conversation, but it's a combination, like you. For example, I buy LOTR items from United Cutlery because they make the best replicas available, or are of the highest quality. I buy them also because of the way they look, and my love of the story.

Finally, just want to clarify that I had no intention of insulting your intelligence. That's not how I roll ;)

dont worry about it flame,i belive you mean thinks in a good way.

about your moral spetch and your collection,i understud it this way,
(why buy e xp ensive kvalitet swords when you can buy cheap ripoffs,it is only going to hang on the wall enyway).that is whot i thougt you ment flame.
but you have already answerd that in your other post. :)
why does someone go of wallhangers,yes as i said this was the first sword i got ,not nowing about the kvalitet ore what to e xp ekt i was( maby a sword retade then :rolleyes: ).it is 3 month ago i startet this tread.thats is altso why i joint this forum in the first place to read and wright asking quetiens about kvalitet.evryone have to start somewere. i have lerned alot about swords kvalitet and whot to get that fit my e xp ektasions by joining in to this forum.

when i said it was a mistake buying this sword,i ment if i had nown better of the kvalitet,i might have saved my mony instead and bought a lotr sword.
whits whit the lotr items i have sofare have the combination of looks, and kvalitet and so on .that lived up to my e xp ektasions for what i bought.
the argonaut sword did not ,like there is somthing missing i dont now how to e xp laine i think its a feeling.

i hope i got my self more clear in my e xp lanasion.

Return to “Historical & Medieval Weapons”