My newest Katanas

First was UC's with the mini tantos. I ordered a black one but got red by accident. Doesnt bother me as I intend on buying both. the second is the Brides sword from Kill Bill. its about the same quality as most cheap Japanese swords. It will look nice in my Movie prop and memoriblia room I am working on. And the last one I got today. Cant say where I bought it from becuase they sell UC stuff. Its not made by any big factory but it is the highest quality Katana I have other than my real ones. It also cost the most of the 3 at 104 bucks. Worth every penny imo.

Re: My newest Katanas

Kagemusha....i believe the "Japanese of taller than average statutre...." that you are referring to is Miyamoto Musashi? And the book in which he wrote is called "The Book of 5 Rings" - for anyone interested. A book, especially for martial arts and anyone interested in warfare, i highly recommend to read. I have read it 3 times, and am due for another reading (it's been about 4 years now...).

Just remember, as great as a katana is - it still does not beat someone skilled with a bo (6' staff)....for that is the only fight (if i remmber correctly) in which Musashi lost.

Speaking of which...Hanwei (Paul Chen) also make a Musashi sword set- one of their high-end forged blades which they claim to be replicas of Musashi's swords. I own the katana (a 45'' long sword) and love it!

Return to “Oriental Weapons”