Re: What would you use then ?...

It's hard to find a sword for someone else. We all know what our preferences are but its difficult to understand what others are.

First. What kind of use are you looking at? If this is just for personal protection and a fun thing to swing around that wont fall apart... there are several routes you can take.

Here is one of the highest quality functional swords out there. Albion makes in my opinion the most acurate and highest quality swords. They have many diferent styles and they come in a variety of different prices. You can order their Squire line... swords ranged from $300 to $400. They are simple swords... nothing fancy but with same quality as the rest of their lines. There is a maestro line which is dedicated to sword play. There is the mueseum line...very e xp ensive recreations of historical swords... and finally, they have their Next Generation line. http://albion-swords.com/ take a look, see what like.

There is also All Saints Blades. They are a high quality sword maker as well. http://www.allsaintsblades.com/

There is also http://www.christianfletcher.com/ Christian Fletcher modifies swords as well as makes them? And he runs hand in hand with Albion and All Saints.

That should get you going for now.

If your looking for something on the shorter end of things... I suggest that you take a look at Albion's Squire line Viking Sword. It's priced at $300.
Valar morghulis

mastersword36 wrote:Don't forget Angus Trim, his swords are really good too, about the same as Albion I believe. Christian Fletcher doesn't make swords, he gets Angus Trim and Albion swords and modifies them and makes them look really good, actually makes them look better cause they are nice swords to begin with.

allsaintsblades.com is Angus Trims site. Im planning to order a sword form him (well, christian fletcher actually, but Gus Trim makes the sword). as for self defence swords, Id personaly use a short hand and a half sword. truthfuly though, theres a good chance the attacker might have a gun, and theres no chance of protecting yourself unless your close enough to hit him, or else he misses.
:cheers:
-wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Right.... Let's keep this discussion focused on the tools and not the method. Not that it's a big problem... I just worry that it will stick in someones mind and well...yeah.

You also have to realize that in some countries... like Canada... there are laws that we have to follow when it comes to defending yourself. The law states that you are ALLOWED, to fight fire with fire. By that, I mean that you can use the same amount of force that is being applied on you. For example. If you are attacked by someone with a knife, you are allowed to fight back with a knife, but you cannot use anything more "powerful" such as a gun. Now. It also to my knowledge that you are allowed to hold an object of greater destruction as long as it is not "used"

Now hopefully nobody ever has to go through a situation where they need to defend themselves, but it is a good idea to have some method of protection.
Valar morghulis

Thats why we have this... I don't even know if its a law.I forget it exactly.

As I said before... you are allowed to use the same force that is being used on you... back. This prevents those evil law suits where... they try and claim that you attacked them or something silly like that. But if you use the same force against... then it can be categorized as self defense. Now... I'm sure that if you are to use a higher force and they dont sue you... well... all the better. But I'm certain that it is a way of protecting you from the attacker.
Valar morghulis

I have a M45 05 S&W pistol . . . . . . . . . . . . . airsoft gun. :p

But yes, I agree gnomelord0, well what's worse getting killed or someone in you're family? Or getting the crap sued out of you. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be sued.

Plus, in a sitchuation like that, if they point a gun, at you what are you going to do? Say "hold on, I have to find a gun first, then they shoot you and there's noone left to sue him over it.
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.

Return to “Personal Protection”