Molotoch
Total votes: 4 (16%)
Anathar
Total votes: 4 (16%)
Avaquar
Total votes: 3 (12%)
Total votes: 25

Favorite sword of the ancients

Thought this section of the forum was kinda quite, so I created this poll. So, easy question, what is your favorite sword of the ancients and why?

Mine would be Luciendar, I love the claw as the pommel holding the blue crystle, and the crossgaurds very nice too.

Oh, and if you would like to compare them all, go here...
http://www.kitrae.net/swords_of_the_ancients.html
:cheers:
~wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Re: Favorite sword of the ancients

I must say that I enjoy all of them except for Elexorian and Cinthoric's crossguard. Something about that crossguard just gets at me. I love the pommels though.

My favourite was Anathros. Infact... its still incredibly high up there. But after I saw Anathar, everything changed.

But overall... everyone of these swords is great except for the two I previosuly mentioned... but thats just my tastes.
Last edited by Thorin on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valar morghulis

You actually forgot 2 swords, the original series.. Sword of Vaelen and Sword of Darkness... they came out the year before the Elexorian and Kilgoran came out.

Here are some comparisons.
Sword of Vaelen

Sword of Elexorian

Sword of Darkness I

Kilgorin - sword of darkness II

The reason i mentioned it was Vaelen was my first sword ever! it started my whole collection, then it was followed by the sword of darkness I :)
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I'll throw in my two cents. Kilgorin, Elexorien, Anathros, then Avaquar. My current favorite is the Mithrodin sword, but that one is not out yet. Maybe in a few months. The really "over the top" ones like Valermos, and Molotoch are actually the top sellers, and that is why I designed them that way. Historically there are probably more Kilgorin and Elexorien (The Sword of Darkness and Sword of Vaelen) swords out there than any of the others. Those two swords were hugely popular for some reason, not only in my line, but in the huge number of copies and alternate versions the knockoff companies made. The Chinese loved those two swords.
KRDS

Nasnandos wrote:I'll throw in my two cents. Kilgorin, Elexorien, Anathros, then Avaquar. My current favorite is the Mithrodin sword, but that one is not out yet. Maybe in a few months. The really "over the top" ones like Valermos, and Molotoch are actually the top sellers, and that is why I designed them that way. Historically there are probably more Kilgorin and Elexorien (The Sword of Darkness and Sword of Vaelen) swords out there than any of the others. Those two swords were hugely popular for some reason, not only in my line, but in the huge number of copies and alternate versions the knockoff companies made. The Chinese loved those two swords.
me and kit think alike lol, i would have to go for kilgorin. One sword I have always wantd to get yet still havent for some reason lol
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey. " - The Witchking of Angmar

It is actually a design I created for UC's sword line back in 1996, called a utopia samurai sword, but it was never made. I always liked it so I resurrected it recently. I think the elven stuff in LOTR will make people more receptive to it now, whereas before I'm not sure it would have worked. It was supposed to be shipping last November, but UC has delayed it. At this point it may be late March or April. It is finished. I have one right infront of me. They have just not started production as of yet.
KRDS

:embarasse A little late in getting in on this one, but I picked Anathar. Mithrodin runs a very close second, and might be my favorite on a different day of the week. But, Anathar is Kit's biggest sword to date, and is simply awesome. I have nine of Kit's blades, and Anathar is my favorite!
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

Not a huge fan of the over-the-top fantastical swords but of the bunch Mithrodin is my favorite... Anathar is cool too. I don't own any of these but I'd like to buy Mithrodin... cant see myself purchasing any others from this set.
Movie Reproductions: Museum Collection Glamdring #374/1000, Blue & White Glamdring Scabbards, 2 Mini Glamdrings, Museum Collection Sting #2041/3000, Sting Scabbard, Mini Witchking Sword, House of Flying Daggers Sword of Jin & Leo, Pirate Cutlass Scimitar Sword, Pirate Cutlass Scimitar Sword (Cup Hilt),

Japanese Blades:
Naginata (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, AISI 1060 High Carbon Steel, & Wood Saya) 2 Katanas (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, AISI 1060 High Carbon Steel, & Wood Sayas) 1 Katana (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, Folded Steel & Wood Saya) 2 Shirasaya Katanas (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, Heat Tempered 1045 high carbon steel, Wood Sayas)

Return to “Kit Rae”