Re: Why is Kit Rae forum so inactive ?

There aren't as many Kit Rae and Hibben collectors on the Forums, although Kit is involved in LOTR production for UC. I am one of the few Rae and Hibben collectors on the forums. I actually started collecting Kit's stuff first, my first sword was the Sword of Vaelen. About half of my collection is LOTR and the other is Hibben/Kit stuff. I couldnt keep up with the entire original 10 SotA line because of LotR, but I have about 13o r so Kit Rae daggers and swords, 8 or so Hibben daggers, the 7 dagger line of the Legends in Steel Series from UC and the rest are LOTR.

Excellent guys...Glad to see I´m not alone here. To be honest I find Kit Rae designs superior to most of UC LOTR swords / collectibles but I know it is just a matter of taste..

Anyway Blade you have interesting location :) So you live in Europe or USA ?

I have still some excellent pieces from Kit Rae Sold out Gold and Damascus Edition undisplayed so in case there is anything you miss and need let me know I will take a look :)

[quote=""BladeCollector""]I am from and live in the USA. I am from a small town in Texas named Nederland. It was first settled by the Dutch people and they named it after their home.[/quote]

Wow, BC. I never knew that about your hometown.

I always pronounced your town's name with a long 'e', and so never caught the relationship between the D in 'Nederland' and the TH in 'Netherlands' .

Pretty cool. :thumbs_up

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

[quote=""RareCollectibles""]....When I was browsing the net I always came acroos Battle Ready swords forum and they usually despise of "Wall Hangers" ...how they calll fantasy replica weapons...[/quote]

About the "wall hanger" slur....

(and yes, this is a bit off topic, but Deimos NEVER goes off topic, no never, or maybe hardly ever...*roll-eyes*)

I was conversing via email with a sword maker about making a book accurate Orcrist --or maybe I should say a not-related-in-the-least-to-the-movie-Orcrist-- and he referred to wall-hangers as "sword-like objects". I nearly choked I was laughing so hard because...he is right.

He said there is a very strong sentiment in the real sword making industry (the makers of fully functional carbon steel swords, whether historical repros or fantasy weapons) to have makers of the wall hangers describe their "products" as exactly that: Sword-like objects.

When you think about it, it might not be a bad idea.
Some countries don't allow the import of edged weapons except by licensed dealers or merchants.
The UK comes to mind in the case of curved weapons, even if it's a non-functional blunt edged wall-hanger.

But if you call the item a sword-like object , the ban may not apply.
And in so far as it still being a weapon, well, as we in the US know, especially in Boston, a pressure cooker can be a weapon.

OK, back to RC's regularly scheduled program.... I mean thread :)

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

[quote=""Deimos""]About the "wall hanger" slur....

When you think about it, it might not be a bad idea.
Some countries don't allow the import of edged weapons except by licensed dealers or merchants.
The UK comes to mind in the case of curved weapons, even if it's a non-functional blunt edged wall-hanger.

But if you call the item a sword-like object , the ban may not apply.
[/quote]

Great post Deimos... I wanted add that German Evil Bay removed one auction related to UC1372 Legolas Knives replica becasue "selling of weapons is prohibited at Ebay".... :crazy:

I will call it sword-like object for decoration purposes next time...thanks for advice

Anyway it is pretty silly to restrict distribution of such items in Europe. I imported many wall hangers from USA and never ever had single issue with customs office. I´m pretty surprised that UK is restricting the sale of movie replica sword like objects :D

[quote=""RareCollectibles""]LOL Damn pretty stupid I must lokk now... :) Now I see it is Nederland and not Netherland :) Thanks for e xp lanation mate..[/quote]

Its okay... In Germany, the Netherlands is "Nederland" pronounced "Nay-der-lant"

We actually pronounce the city name with the long "E" sound, so we say "NEED-er-land" but we are also southerners, so it ends up being "Neederlin" or "Neederlun" really fast.

Hi Dark Shadow...Yeah I fully agree...But that was just a part of my collection...Adding some more pictures:

And I have 7-8 more gold and damascus editions from Kit Rae and GH unpacked (having no rooom for display in my current small flat...I assume I will sell those new unpacked swords to get some approaching LOTR / Hobbit collectibles...

I still have best sold out pieces intact like: Vorthelok Gold, Avoloch Gold, Exotath Gold, Sedethul gold, Cinthorc Gold,Anathros Damascus, Valiant Damascus and Dragon Lair Damascus... I need to move to some bigger flat or house ... :D

Last edited by RareCollectibles on Sat May 18, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=""Dark Shadow""]Stunning of such a beautiful sword and dagger collection buddy.
Don't you think regret's are coming once they sold.[/quote]

I dont sell these displayed ones. I will keep them, hopefully forever. At least most of them. I´m selling the ones I have unpacked and undisplayed stocked at my parents house...I have gathered them over the years but having no place in my small flat to display them.

Originally I thought I would move out with my wife and kid to some bigger new house sooner but unfortunately a year ago I had to pass difficult billateral eye surgeries in Spain and it was "painfully" e xp ensive...well anyway they did a great job and saved my sight :thumbs_up

So limited space and it seems I will not change my current small flat for some more years until I save up again, thus I will rather have smaller collection but unique and extra rare items

Return to “Kit Rae”