Hibben Annual Fantasy Line: Valiant Sword (2010)

GH5021G Gil Hibben 2010 Valiant Sword Gold Edition
This limited edition adult collectible is an original Gil Hibben™ design and is strictly limited to 1,500 pieces. The double-edge-style blade is constructed from 420 stainless steel with an impeccable polished finish and heavy fuller groove down the center. The guard, pommel and fittings are cast of solid metal with a 24K-gold-plated finish. The handle grip is wrapped in twisted stainless steel wire for a superb grip. Included with this collectible sword is a custom designed scabbard and signed Certificate of Authenticity. 41 1/2” overall, 26” blade.

GH5020A Gil Hibben 2010 Valiant Sword Autographed Edition
This limited edition adult collectible is an original Gil Hibben™ design and is strictly limited to 3,000 pieces. The double-edge-style blade is constructed from 420 stainless steel with an impeccable polished finish and heavy fuller groove down the center. The guard, pommel and fittings are cast of solid metal with a chrome-plated finish. The handle grip is wrapped in twisted stainless steel wire for a superb grip. Included with this collectible sword is a custom designed scabbard. Each scabbard is personally autographed by Gil Hibben himself. 41 1/2” overall, 26” blade.

One of Gil Hibben's production made knives is what dragged me in blade
collecting way of life over twelve years ago, and I remained true to this
annual line ever since. My goal is to collect each and every design ever
made, with all their variations (55 pieces to date). But...

I need to say I sincerely enjoyed practically everything from 1990's Silver
Shadow to 2005's Titan. I still find many of those really well designed and
made, and even though my interest is now focused on high-end blades,
until this day I displayed Hibben UC's collectibles with pride. However, to be
perfectly honest, last three swords from this line are - and I'm not being
harsh or trying to sound rude saying this - incredibly... well, ugly. 2007,
2009 and now the newest, 2010 design, have to be some of the worst
fantasy swords I have seen (released by decent company, that is).

I got last year's gold edition, and although it's much nicer in real life than in
photos, I will never be able to say it's a good design. I know it sounds
crazy, but I feel it's a collector's curse - occasionally getting something
you don't like at all. I'm committed. Condemned perhaps.

The good thing is, that's only 6 bad potatoes out of 55; they're not going
to ruin the whole pocture one day. Also, they are definitely not pricey, so
it's not like I need to sacrifice Chen's folded katana because of any. :thumbs_up

The bad thing is, I haven't seen improvement for five years now. :|

Re: Hibben Annual Fantasy Line: Valiant Sword (2010)

I agree. I too was drawn into collecting by a Hibben blade many years ago. But, the swords in the past couple of years......well, I can't believe that his heart was in it. I think he was pressured to just get something out for UC. Although the quality is better, the design looks more like something you'ld see from Master Cutlery. :(
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

go for it ed, start to collect ugly swords. :huh:
that is not for me to go,domt now where to go?at the moment . :'(
i NEED a new sword soon .my collecting is getting nowere ,i have 5 difrence albi swords in mind at the moment but to e xp ensive ,do to orther idea and dreams i whish to be tru.the priovity is a hassel.
(spend all my money on traveling the world in my vakasion ,first priovity afcouse.)

still thinking about a viking sword ,but all the good viking swords are sold out at albi,then i was thinking ones agein about rohan swords (wery vikingince).
i saw herogrim sword up for sale over here its 300 bucks.maby i will go for it ,realy NEED a new sword soon. :crazy2:

[quote=""Steel Servant""]But, the swords in the past couple of years......well, I can't believe that his heart was in it. I think he was pressured to just get something out for UC.[/quote]

I'm not (yet) sure about the newest design, but unfortunately, Immortal
(2007) and Dragon's Lair (2009) had his heart in it. :|

Second was, among others, originally made for Sultan of Brunei, and
Immortal is based on his custom Flaming Pillow Dagger:

[quote=""Steel Servant""]Although the quality is better, the design looks more like something you'ld see from Master Cutlery. :( [/quote]

I need to disagree (on quality, you're completely right on design). Finish on
the new Silver/Double Shadow is not as good as it was on 1990 and
1991 originals, Immortal Gold is plated in 18-K instead of former 24-K and
those sheaths are no longer genuine leather.
Last edited by ed209 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

:thumbs_up When I said the quality is better, I meant better than Master Cutlery, not than former UC versions of the past. I do agree that the quality is not as good as former UC models. But, lately that seems to be true of everything that UC is putting out. The "new" UC is not at all up to par with what the "old" UC put out.
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

Return to “Gil Hibben”