Museum Replicas Updates Website!

Thought it would be worth mentioning that Windlass' MR site was recently updated with a new look, so check it out if you are a fan of their products. They also have quite a few things on special, as well as many new products and product lines that haven't really been discussed on this forum. Iron Man, Marvel, Assassins Creed, Tudors, and even a Star Wars line, though no SW products have been released yet.

While I'm not really a fan of any of the licensed products or the movies/shows/games that they come from, I must admit the assassins creed stuff looks pretty cool, as well as the sword from the Tudors. Anyways, feel free to share what you might be interested in.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Re: Museum Replicas Updates Website!

Oh don't worry...i noticed! *cough *cough
Actually...i also thought some of the Assassins Creed weapons were pretty cool - just too bad that the "extension knife" is illegal in Canada....

The two things caught my attention right away are:

1) The Sword of the Viking King
http://museumreplicas.com/p-688-sword-o ... -king.aspx
I'm just loving the overall look of this piece, just wished that they produced it with a pattern welded blade as well..i mean, after all, it is for a Viking KING... This one's up there, but i'm still liking the Hanwei Godfred Viking sword more (in similar price range).

2) Sacred Treasures
http://museumreplicas.com/c-92-sacred-treasures.aspx
Not a huge fan of the two they have at the moment...but this line will definitely be one to keep an eye on...

Ahh yes, I saw those as well. While I can't say I'm interest in any of the 3 swords, I do like the path MR is going with the Viking King. It's always nice to have a decent scabbard and belt included, and I hope we see them produce more sets like this one. And while I'm interested to see what other swords they will produce in the sacred treasures, I don't see this line going very far. Despite the fact that everyones spending their money a little more carfully these days, these $3,000.00 blades are being produced by a company with a reputation for creating budget functional swords.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Good points Grima.
Sacred Treasures - true, it will be quite difficult for a company like MRL/Windlass, speacializing in the, usually, sub $300-400 range, to start a new line of high end blades right at $3000...maybe a slight increase overtime would have been a better idea? Either way, the one aspect i think they have going for them, is they type of swords they're reproducing. I mean, not only are they blades i don't think i've seen reproduced before, but also swords belonging to recognizable names as opposed to another "museum replica". Just wondering what number 3 will be....

Assassin's Creed - has anyone seen the "Sword of Altair" upclose yet? Even handled it? One of my friends is thinking about buying one...any feedback would be great!

Oh..i've noticed...but i've been strong...lol.
The 3 i have been eyeing - "Late Roman Sword", "Rhone Valley Sword", and "Venetian Sword"... However, the Venetian is not the time period i'm currently into (just looks like a nice sword for the price). The Roman and Rhone - i've only read negative reviews on...but to be fair, none were 1st hand / hands-on reviews... Anyone seen these 3 swords in person?? Or any opinions/thoughts on them??

How about you Grima? Which items have you been drooling over??

Only one is the Cruciform sword, might end up picking that up. Other than that, not a lot of their line up has caught my eye, and they are a little slow in bringing in new swords.

Of your three, the Venetian is probably my favorite, It has an interesting look. Than again I'm not partial to the Roman type broad sword style of the other two. I have to mention though that it is nice to see a certain TV celebrity take time from his busy schedule to pass his... verdict on the "Late Roman sword." It's nice to read an... honorable review that isn't too... judgmental. He certainly doesn't seem to... object to this sword, there is no need to... cross examine his... testimony. The... jury is out, and the piece definitely... warrants a second look. It would be a... felony not to pick it up.

And I'm done.

Sorry to double post, but Museum Replicas has update their site with a few pages of new items, although there is only a couple swords. A lot of promising stuff, a really cool looking fantasy sword named "blacksword", some pirate stuff (I like, although it's mostly women's gear, and I'm not the type that cross dresses (unless I'm holding a fancy rapier, but that's another story in another thread)), and the spear of destiny. They have also added a lot of Weta's Laser guns, maybe there's some kinda partnership starting? You can find it all located in their convenient "new products" page. Any thoughts on their new stuff?

By the way, did anyone understand my joke from my last post, or was it just too stupid to comment on? See, the guy who reviewed the sword was named Judge Joe Brown, like the T.V. judge.

Thanks a lot Blade and Jash, I didn't mean to make a big deal about it. Heck, I posted it at 6:30 in the mourning thinking it was hilarious, then wondering later if it wasn't such an obvious joke and everyone just thought I was an idiot (which I know you all do anyways, regardless of that joke :coolsmile ).

Anyways, that claymore is certainly very odd, and according to the description, was thought to have belonged to Robert the Bruce, although later dis proven by carbon dating. Guess there was some e xp erimental sword smiths back then.

From Museum Replica's Blog
We are proud to announce our latest partnership with Paramount Pictures! We have secured the license for props and clothing/costumes from the classic Braveheart and Sleepy Hollow hits. Yes, we know a few things have drifted out through the years, but you'd be surprised when you do your homework how, ah, not entirely accurate they are in either design, materials or both.

If you want what Mel Gibson, Johnny Depp or Christina Ricci really wore (in the movie that is) you'll get it here. Plus Simon Atherton, the prop armorer who did the set work for Braveheart, has worked hand-in-hand with us to make our sword the best and most definitive version available. FREEDOM!

We didn't fully realize how cool all the outfits were in these movies and we couldn't wait to get our hands on this project. The Sleepy Hollow items are great for Victorian and Steampunk as well. Coming late 2009. Don't make me send the headless horseman after you, just buy the stuff alright?

San Diego:
If you didn't get your ticket for Comic Con in San Diego July 22-26 this year you can't get it now either. It sold out ages ago, but at least let me tell you what you would have seen if you could go:

MARVEL - Tony Stark's RT unit (light-up "heart"), his Iron Man 03 helmet and Hugh Jackman's incredible leather motorcycle jacket & dog tag from X-1. Each replica made absolutely real, in authentic materials and cool as $#$%^!

STAR WARS - fully approved outfits for pre-sale, yep they'll see their debut. Imperial Officers (green & black), Obi-wan, Luke, Padme and some teases as well.

CONAN - our newest polyurethane armor and weapons made specifically for the greatest barbarian of all time! The first, one and only officially licensed Conan set endorsed by the Robert E. Howard Estate. Whooooooo!

Return to “Museum Replicas Ltd.”