Knight's Tale Sword Plaque

So I recently bought a Sword of Ulrich from A Knight's Tale without a plaque. It was a good deal. (Two years ago in the "Recent Acquisitions" thread I had posted that I purchased one. Didn't happen as the seller mislabeled the sword and in my excitement, didn't ask for pictures). Anywho, fast-forward to today and I just received the sword. It's basically been my holy grail of collecting. Except it doesn't have the plaque.

So here's my question, does anyone own a Knight's Tale Sword, with plaque, that would be willing to take a few pictures of the shape and Phoenix design? I'm going to have one made but there are no usable photos online. Or, if you don't own one, do you have any friends who have one that would be willing to provide pictures. This would mean the world to me :) Thank you all for being the best sword community out there.

Re: Knight's Tale Sword Plaque

Well, I don't own the sword, but I think it's a great piece. Fantastic find, Striders_Heir! I haven't seen this movie in a while, make me want to watch it again. :)

Anyways, they are not many great pictures of the sword out there. The ones that are available are mostly posts in the latest acquisition threads of various sword forums, all of them sans plaque.

Which bring me to my next question...were they two version of this sword produced? You have this thread in MRL, but I'm pretty sure there was a 'functional-ish' Windass version with a scabbard (from what I hear, it was one of their better replicas). Have you come across that version, and that's why there is no plaque? There was also the boxed version that came with the plaque you're looking for. Of course, this could just be the same replica reappearing in different with various pieces missing.

Back to the pressing question though, I'm sure you've seen this poor quality image of the plaque:

But, this does give you a rough idea of the colors and shape of the plaque. You'll also notice that the phoenix crest is the same one pictured on the box:

Substitute the dark grey for black, and the light grey for red, and you'll end up with something very close to the original. The phoenix crest is also pictured on some of the special edition DVDs, but I don't have any of those handy right now.

Best of luck, and post some pictures! :thumbs_up

There was only one style produced, which came with the plaque. And as far as I know, there was never a sword produced that came with a scabbard. It was made by Windlass and at the very end of its existence, was sold by Museum Replicas. This was the first sword I ever owned and the sword that got me into collecting. I bought it when I was 18 or so and if my memory serves me right, my dad sold it at a garage sale he had after I went away to college.

I have seen those pictures and I may have a lead on another sword, complete with plaque, but it will cost a small fortune. If I can just get a clean, nice sized image of the plaque, I'd be content to have one made. When I post the pics tomorrow, I'll tell the story on how I found this one.

Ah ha! This seems very similar to the Gladiator swords when MRL/Factory X/Windlass, etc. went through name changes.

That is a killer the first one was sold! :( But I'm glad you have your hands on one for the time being...and maybe you'll end up with another one soon. Lucky! :coolsmile I enjoy stories like this (alas, the struggles of collecting), as long as they have a happy ending. ;)

Return to “Museum Replicas Ltd.”