Re: Noble Swords

I don't know that anyone here does. Furthermore, I don't know if it's within forum rules to discuss them either...I don't really know how that all works.

However, the general consensus in the LOTR community (as it's my understanding) is that you're much better off purchasing a United version of any sword. Noble is far more e xp ensive and I have yet to see a good review of their pieces. If anyone here says otherwise, please correct me.

I will say, as a Noble customer, their jewelry is another subject. Well worth the purchase there. Swords, I don't think I'd be willing to spend that kind of money for the negative reviews they usually get.

Nope. Not breaking any rules here. :)

Guardian Wolf is right in saying that most of the sword collectors agree that the Noble swords are not of the same quality that the UC swords are. Sting and Gimli's axe are actually "human" size, instead of the proper scale size that UC makes.

I haven't actually seen these guys in person, but I recall a lot of people who got them were not pleased with the quality nor the accuracy.

I hope that helps.
Valar morghulis

I remember reading a review from one of our members who had bought both UCs and NCs shard of narsil. He ended up returning the NC version because it wasn't worth it to him. From the pictures he posted, you could see the difference in detail. NCs narsil hilt looked very bright, almost as if it was made of tin. The pommel appeared a lot thinner then UCs version, while its crossgaurd seemed a lot thicker. The blades were different as well, while UCs swords have a satin finish with a wide fuller, NCs are mirror finished with a very thin fuller. Unfortunately, the review and photos were archived and deleted some time ago.

Also, I am not certain, but aren't NCs andurils ruins painted black???
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

I have discovered a Noble Collection of the broken Narsil on the french site of Noble
http://www.noblecollection.fr/narsil-br ... -p-57.html

this item doesn't appear in their international website. Does anyone have any infos about this ? Is it an old reference ?
UC Sting ; UC Sting Scabbard ; UC Glamdring ; UC Narsil ; UC Shards of Narsil (2735/5000) ; UC MC Sting (323/3000) ; UC MC Glamdring (105/1000) ; UC Anduril UE + scabbard ; UC Herugrim ; UC Uruk-Hai Scimitar ; Kropserkel Gondorian Vambraces ; IndyProps Redbook of Westmarch ; IndyProps Thror's Map ; NC Crown of Elessar ; NC Evenstar ; NC Phial of Galadriel ; MR The One Ring of Sauron 1887/2500 ; Danbury Minas Tirith & Barad Dur ; Knife of Sharkû the warg rider; The Sauron sized One Ring ; Albion Armorers Conan's Atlantean Sword (61/1000)
my props collection : http://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php ... e=oldtobby

It used to be sold on the American site (international?) It is possible they took it down because it is no longer being produced and they have no more in stock, but somehow it lingers on in the French version of the page. Another e xp lanation could be that Noble has a distributing warehouse somehwere in Europe, possibly even France, and there is some left over stock there, but not back in the States, hence e xp laning why it still appears on that page.

I know... confusing, but I'm not sure what is going on. One thing I do know is that sometimes companies don't update their websites as often as they should and many mistakes can occur.

:huh: It's been quite a while since anyone has posted on this, but I was wondering if anyone has personally seen a Noble version Herugrim, other than in pictures that is? If so, is it worth a flip?
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

I know I'm a bit late on this thread but I purchased a Noble Collection Glamdring and I must say that for the price, it is not worth it. I contacted NC right away after I received it and wrote a very strongly worded email complaining about the lack of quality for the cost. I ended up returning it for a refund.

Although it was made in Toledo, Spain like UC's MC Glamdring, it did not even come close to measuring up to those specs. I own an MC Glamdring as well as the reg UC1265 version and they both outshine the Noble product.

NC's handle wrap was almost black as opposed to UC's navy blue. The stitching on the reverse side of the handle was crooked, poorly sewn, and the leather was cheap. NC's jewel was a lapis, which is a real stone, but hardly looks noble or gives the impression the sword came from royalty. UC's stone in the UC1265, even though it is not a real jewel or stone, it gives the impression of one... in my opinion. As far as the blade, it's finish did not reflect light quite like UC's does. There was also no false edge and the tip was quite dull.

On the other hand, the plague was magnificent! Much classier than UC's. I hesitated to return it just because the plaque was so nice I wanted to display my UC1265 Glamdring on it. I then came to my senses realizing that while the plaque was beautiful, it wasn't worth what I paid for it.

UC prevails!
Last edited by Balrog Obliterator on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Noble Collection”