What's going on with Harry Potter wands?

To any of you that also collect HP wands (Elvenguard?):

I looked at NC's site today and HOLY COW xP

There are so many wands now! I can't keep track of them all. I knew they were making plenty of new ones but there's also tons of releases of old ones.

So my question is, does anyone remember how many wands there were with original Ollivander's Box? I want to get as many of them as I can in that format, and it looks like Noble Collection only has eight Ollivander's wands on there site currently. It also looks like they have another new packaging, some sort of black box with gold lining inside. :|
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Re: What's going on with Harry Potter wands?

Since I don't collect the wands, my recollection may be a bit off. But I seem to remember that that there was maybe three pages of wands with at least 10 wands per page in the last NC catalog I received.

Fin, are you saying there are now more than three pages of wands? :huh:

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

I -may- have an old Noble catalog lying around somewhere, Fin...off the top of my head I'd say that -most- of the main characters had Olivander boxes. They only started releasing the non-Olivander wands for Deathly Hallows, so just about everyone before that should have had an Olivander box.

On a side not, unless they've gone and changed the packaging, Noble is on my annoyance list. The new display cases for the wands (Which are really nice) have a special rod on them. This rod is to hold small metal name tags that come with the new packaged wands. The name tags did NOT come with the Olivander box wands, and as far as I know still don't. Wouldn't be a problem if I weren't OCD with my collectibles and Noble would give me a straight answer about getting name tags for the wands I picked up years ago...

I guess it all depends on how you want to display your wands. Being that some are only available in the new style boxes, I have to go for what I can do for all. So now I have the display up, no name tags for any.

[quote=""Fingolfin""]To any of you that also collect HP wands (Elvenguard?):

I looked at NC's site today and HOLY COW xP

There are so many wands now! I can't keep track of them all. I knew they were making plenty of new ones but there's also tons of releases of old ones.

So my question is, does anyone remember how many wands there were with original Ollivander's Box? I want to get as many of them as I can in that format, and it looks like Noble Collection only has eight Ollivander's wands on there site currently. It also looks like they have another new packaging, some sort of black box with gold lining inside. :| [/quote]

Fin, if you look at my thread about Narcissa's and The death eater swirl wands I got I am sure I put up pics of the new packaging. I had to put in some black satin because there is normally just a black plastic holder. That was my only complaint. I actually like the new wand boxes better because they are smaller and take up less room.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

[quote=""Fingolfin""]Thanks for the info, guys! So if it was released prior to Deathly Hallows, it should be available somewhere in an Ollivander's box? That helps...now to figure out which ones came out before Deathly Hallows![/quote]

They still sell the ones in the original olivanders box on their website and you can find them on places like ebay and stuff. But they have done a repackaged version of them for people who want to buy them again to use on the new display stands
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Return to “Noble Collection”