Re: The Hobbit by Noble Collection

Well, so far it is very similar and keeping in line with what they offered for LOTR. I missed out on that line's versions of Galadriel's and Elrond's headdresses then, and now they are next to impossible to find, seemingly even moreso than the Phial or the pipes. I think I learned my lesson this time, so if I feel like I would like to one day own one of these items, I shouldn't dither until Noble stops producing them because the after-market for this stuff is pretty ridiculous, when you can even find what you want. Yes, LOTR Backgammon set, I'm looking at you! :|
This Space for Rent

See, I had that problem with their Harry Potter line. There were so many things I wanted but now I can't even go back to keep track of them all because the line has gone through so many changes and lots of things are discontinued. Some of those LotR pieces I had never even heard of because they were gone by the time I started getting into it. I'm actually thinking about buying some old NC catalogs on ebay just so I can get a glimpse of everything that was offered.
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Nice catch, Poly. A nice trip down memory lane. :thumbs_up

Ironically enough, that catalog is missing all the pieces I mentioned: the Phial of Galadriel, Strider's, Bilbo's, and Gandalf's pipes, and the Backgammon Set. Maybe they came after 2003? I know the Backgammon game was definitely a later addition. I noticed that the Elessar Crown and Arwen tiara are also missing, along with a few minor items.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Alexander""]Hey just got my Noble Sting from the Hobbit. As you all know the Hobbit sting is the same size as the UC version not the actor scale of their LOTR version. First impressions are very positive and I am happy I went with the NC version this time out.[/quote]

Hey Alexander. Thanks for the pics, the NC version actually looks pretty good. How would you rate the construction and material quality when compared to the UC version? Also, you said the two versions are the same size, any chance you know if the UC Sting Scabbard fits the NC Sting? Thanks!
"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws.
It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

Re: United Cutlery's - The Hobbit - Movie Props!

I guess this means Noble will be putting out Tauriel's daggers as well as they're doing letter opener versions:

https://forbiddenplanet.com/110595-hobb ... ls-dagger/

Well it actually may not mean it, but they usually put out the smaller versions of the swords they do in full scale. I just want UC to be able to announce their line up soon. It seems pretty ridiculous and unfair that both Weta and Noble (although Noble's items appear to have been leaked) have released information about their products whereas UC still haven't. Either it's their contract holding them back like Kit said the other day, or perhaps they're just waiting? But I can't see any reason why they should wait.
Last edited by Lindir on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

[quote=""N2darkness""]They also have Thranduil's sword letter opener as well. The only thing I saw keen on getting was Bilbo's Mirkwood cell key, looks pretty cool.[/quote]

Yeh that does look cool. I wonder if Weta will do their own version of it? They also are doing a replica of Bilbo's pipe, I think Val may be interested in that.

[quote=""N2darkness""]You'll have to search for them on their site under Desolation of Smaug.[/quote]

I tried searching with "Desolation of Smaug," "desolation," and just plain "Smaug"... all with no success. The only thing any of those searches yielded was the cheesy Smaug pendant.

Can someone post links?

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

[quote=""Jaymail""]The Noble stuff has not been leaked per se. You just have to be resourceful.

http://www.noblecollection-distribution ... hobbit-une xp ected-journe-c-258.html

cheers[/quote]

Thanks for the link, Jaymail!

I like the design of the Mirkwood cell key. Hopefully, Weta will make a full scale replica like the Key to Erebor. If they do I will *absolutely* purchase it. The Thranduil brooch is also interesting.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Ok, I moved these last few posts to the Noble thread since we had pretty much hijacked the UC thread. :P

To continue, I really like the Mirkwood cell key as well though I have a question for Buckeye: what makes you think the Noble key is not full size, like their Erebor key, which is the same size as Weta's?

Answering my own question, I think you might have been deceived by the fact that Noble is offering two versions of the key, with one of them being a small pendant version. The confusing part is that both are erroneously listed as 'pendant key,' though from the photos one is clearly standalone and hopefully normal sized, while the other is depicted as being smaller and actually attached to a necklace. Am I right?

Lastly, I really love the fact that they are finally doing Thranduil's three other rings. I already own the first one that came out a while back and might pick these up to complete the set. I just hope they make his crown as these would look awesome in a display with it. :coolsmile
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]Ok, I moved these last few posts to the Noble thread since we had pretty much hijacked the UC thread. :P

To continue, I really like the Mirkwood cell key as well though I have a question for Buckeye: what makes you think the Noble key is not full size, like their Erebor key, which is the same size as Weta's?

Answering my own question, I think you might have been deceived by the fact that Noble is offering two versions of the key, with one of them being a small pendant version. The confusing part is that both are erroneously listed as 'pendant key,' though from the photos one is clearly standalone and hopefully normal sized, while the other is depicted as being smaller and actually attached to a necklace. Am I right?

Lastly, I really love the fact that they are finally doing Thranduil's three other rings. I already own the first one that came out a while back and might pick these up to complete the set. I just hope they make his crown as these would look awesome in a display with it. :coolsmile [/quote]

Yes you're right about the key being full size Val. It's about 19cm long according to the website so that's larger than the Erebor key.

Val, was the Elrond crown/headdress wearable? I think I may have asked a while back but I can't remember if you responded or not :P

Yes, it is wearable, though not very comfortable because of the front, which is V-shaped, and kinda digs a bit into your forehead. That part of the headdress is also very thick and heavy so I would not advise trying to bend it out or shaping it. Also, it does come with a display pillow, and I recall you saying you were told it didn't.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]Yes, it is wearable, though not very comfortable because of the front, which is V-shaped, and kinda digs a bit into your forehead. That part of the headdress is also very thick and heavy so I would not advise trying to bend it out or shaping it. Also, it does come with a display pillow, and I recall you saying you were told it didn't.[/quote]

Yeh that's what I was told when I contacted Noble. It's odd that they don't even know what their products include :P

I am thinking of getting the Elrond and Galadriel headdresses, but Thranduil's crown would be amazing. But I'm tight on money at the minute so they'll have to wait :|
Last edited by Lindir on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=""Valkrist""]To continue, I really like the Mirkwood cell key as well though I have a question for Buckeye: what makes you think the Noble key is not full size, like their Erebor key, which is the same size as Weta's?

Answering my own question, I think you might have been deceived by the fact that Noble is offering two versions of the key, with one of them being a small pendant version. The confusing part is that both are erroneously listed as 'pendant key,' though from the photos one is clearly standalone and hopefully normal sized, while the other is depicted as being smaller and actually attached to a necklace. Am I right?[/quote]

You're right, Val. I only took a very quick look at the new items and saw both keys listed as pendants. I ended up with the wrong impression. I am only interested in a full size key, and if Weta makes one I will purchase it rather than Noble's. If only Noble makes it, then I will purchase theirs. Either way, it will be nice to have a third key in addition to the Key to Erebor and the Key to Bag End. :)

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping Weta will release one as well. Though I have no issues with Noble's craftsmanship (or price points,) Weta has an upper hand when it comes to accuray to the original prop. If Weta does not come out with one, I'm definitely getting the Noble one.

May I ask what you payed for your Bag End key? I assume you got the bronze version? I'm on the fence about it but kinda sorta want it. :P
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]May I ask what you payed for your Bag End key? I assume you got the bronze version? I'm on the fence about it but kinda sorta want it. :P [/quote]

The bronze Key to Bag End was a bit on the pricey side at 90€, but I opted to spring for it because it's a great item and a LE of 40. I do not regret purchasing it and, as my avatar might indicate, I like keys. :D

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

[quote=""Buckeye""]The bronze Key to Bag End was a bit on the pricey side at 90€, but I opted to spring for it because it's a great item and a LE of 40. I do not regret purchasing it and, as my avatar might indicate, I like keys. :D [/quote]

LE of 40?!? :(

I missed that somehow when going through his thread. I wonder if he has any left...
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]LE of 40?!? :(

I missed that somehow when going through his thread. I wonder if he has any left...[/quote]

Yup, that's what he said. If you need his email address just LMK. I can send it along via PM.

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Just an FYI , just because Noble is making the letter opener sized versions of these swords , does not mean they are doing full sized versions . In the past for LOTR they made a lot of "mini's" or letter openers including Herugrim and one or both Witchking and Ringwraith as well as Aragorn's elven dagger . None of which they made full sized versions of . Not to say they won't make them , but it doesn't mean they will by any assumption .

[quote=""Magneticone""]Just an FYI , just because Noble is making the letter opener sized versions of these swords , does not mean they are doing full sized versions . In the past for LOTR they made a lot of "mini's" or letter openers including Herugrim and one or both Witchking and Ringwraith as well as Aragorn's elven dagger . None of which they made full sized versions of . Not to say they won't make them , but it doesn't mean they will by any assumption .[/quote]

Noble did make a full size Herugrim replica. I can't remember Noble producing those other minature swords you mention but I know UC did minature versions of Aragorn's dagger and the two Ringwraith swords
Last edited by Lindir on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh my goodness, I had completely forgotten that NC made a full sized Herugrim. I've never seen anyone who owns/owned it though.

I like some of those new NC products, pretty cool designs in the Mirkwood and Thranduil related products. That antler motif keeps showing up, seems like that will be Thranduil's trademark design.
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Oh, I see what you mean now. :)

Well, that is a good deal. The only problem is that the Bag End was not made of silver, but bronze. So yes, I could have a silver key for the same amount, but it wouldn't be true to the prop. I suppose the point you're trying to make is that he's charging quite a bit for something made of bronze, but it is a replica, and he's gotta make money so... :P
This Space for Rent

That is true: the actual prop, if made, was not caught on film. That does leave room for creative license. Having said that, I think Invictus chose the right material to craft the key out of, although iron would have been just as plausible. I cannot see the key to Bag End being made out of silver at all.

One could argue that something so mundane as a Mirkwood cell key should not be silver either, but one can totally imagine the elves being so elegant and artistic that even a mere dungeon key would be as fancy as the one Noble is previewing, which we can only assume will be featured in the next movie.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Sirjump""]I love most of the props they make from the movies, but it can be too much sometimes. I am not hoping for Azog's loincloth or Tauriel's Manicure set in silver.[/quote]

lol... yes, I couldn't agree more, SJ. It can be like an addiction, and for the hardcore collectors, it can be hard to resist the impulse to buy every single replica or knick-knack associated with these movies, be they officially licensed or hand-crafted. I try to restrict my collecting to items that meet my criteria for being cool, great display pieces, that you will enjoy talking about when showing to friends and family. Azog's loincloth may prove a little too awkward of a conversation piece, not to mention that you'd probably need to infest it with fleas for that extra touch of added realism!!! :crazy:
This Space for Rent

:crazy: :thumbs_up You guys are killing me with the humor.
Got a real laugh when I read Sir Jumps post, and again with your remarks Val.
Ya think there's a market for Azogs prong prosthetic thingy? :)
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

yerh :thumbs_up polyphumus.lets get bag on track.the oaken shileld.
the boromir shiled .ones agien a misstory.how?

the shield is cuverd ,and look like its made of one pice of wood. :huh:

so far in my exrerince ,they are all made ,in jelly :crazy:
Last edited by Valkrist on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

After a few weeks with no new items, Noble has finally added one. Not something I am interested in, but it could portend something else many of us want: the Arkenstone.

The new item is an Arkenstone-themed necklace, with the setting being a replica of the stone's receptacle on Thror's throne:

If past patterns are any indication, Noble is very fond of releasing jewellery that, while not based on any props worn in the movie, is themed after props that are and which they eventually make. This is a hopeful sign that they may attempt a full-scale Arkenstone. While I am more likely to prefer a Weta version, Noble does know how make one thing well: jewellery and things associated with gemstones. Going to keep a close eye on their page for the next little while. ;)
This Space for Rent

I apologize if this has been asked already, maybe i'm just terrible at searching on forums lol...

So i'm contemplating about picking up my first staff soon...and I've read the differences regarding the "Hobbit" Gandalf the Grey Staff - UC vs Weta. If i remember correctly - they're basically both awesome sculpts, with Weta having a better paint job, but UC being more affordable...?

The reason i'm posting here though - does anyone own / seen / heard about the quality and accuracy of the "illuminating staff" from Noble? I see it's roughly priced inbetween the UC and Weta versions...and also made of polyresin. I must admit...the light up feature does grab my attention lol
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Upon further research - i see the Noble one is actually 3 pieces, as opposed to the one piece construction of Weta / UC. That basically answers my quality question...however, the light up feature kinda makes up for that (for me at least) - as i don't plan on hitting Orcs with it...

But - any word out there as to Noble's accuracy on the GtG staff?
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

[quote=""Jash""]Upon further research - i see the Noble one is actually 3 pieces, as opposed to the one piece construction of Weta / UC. That basically answers my quality question...however, the light up feature kinda makes up for that (for me at least) - as i don't plan on hitting Orcs with it...

But - any word out there as to Noble's accuracy on the GtG staff?[/quote]

I saw one of the light up NC versions pop up on eBay a while back at about the exact same time they were released. It was a listed by someone who said he had pre-ordered it only to be greatly disappointed when it finally arrived. He didn't even take it all out and assemble it. He just took pics and listed it on eBay. So, that was one buyer's opinion. Currently, I have the UC version of the GtG staff from the Hobbit and wish I had gone with the Weta version as I believe the paint job is better although the display hanger is much nicer on the UC version...

Best of luck with your quest!

I too saw photos of the light up Gandalf staff. The three piece construction put me off.

[quote=""polyphemus""]Currently, I have the UC version of the GtG staff from the Hobbit and wish I had gone with the Weta version as I believe the paint job is better although the display hanger is much nicer on the UC version...

Best of luck with your quest![/quote]

I must be in the minority on this :P I actually prefer the paint job on the UC version than the Weta version :P

[quote=""Jash""]The reason i'm posting here though - does anyone own / seen / heard about the quality and accuracy of the "illuminating staff" from Noble? I see it's roughly priced inbetween the UC and Weta versions...and also made of polyresin. I must admit...the light up feature does grab my attention lol[/quote]

This youtube unboxing review might be helpful to you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nr-3cYNUPs

Be prepared to turn up your volume though, it sounds like he tried to review after everyone went to bed. He has more info in his description/comments section too.

Return to “Noble Collection”