Re: New to Polystone

My Gandalf the White on Shadowfax figure arrived today. It's in perfect condition and is absolutely stunning. Exceptional. I'm very happy with it! :inlove:

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Buckeye wrote:Thanks, N2. I appreciate the info. I've been bad and buying poly again this weekend...
I know Fin has an eye , or two, skinned for that statue.
I've seen them for the low $100s on ebay, but that is probably still too high for our bargain hunting broke college student.
Hope you land(ed) one at a good price, Buck.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Not as low a price as I'd hoped, but a good one. I also picked up another piece that's been on my want list for a while. That leaves just a few more of the old Sideshow line that I'd like to have. The biggest polystone piece on my want list is yet to be made, but I have great hope this will be the year for Weta to make Eomer on Firefoot. :thumbs_up

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

It will be exciting to see what you got once you post in the Acquisitions thread. After a few years of persistence and constantly patrolling ebay, I managed to acquire all the old SSW statues that I wanted, with the exception of the Ringwraith on Steed, which is just too pricey now.
This Space for Rent

Glad you found a Saruman, Buckeye! Like Deimos said, I have yet to acquire the elusive "$75" Saruman that I'm always looking for. I'd probably pay a whopping 100 for it if I could manage to find one. :laugh:

I'm also be interested in a Dol Goldur Saruman, although I think it would be very different from the original. And I too really hope that it doesn't get too action pose on us. I wouldn't really care for a glowing Galadriel statue. :O
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Fingolfin wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:23 am I'm a little surprised that it's only $5,000, at that size. Good grief! :laugh:
O.M.G.....a voice from the past. :O
It's been so long I thought you must have sailed away to Valinor.
How are you?

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Deimos wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:37 pm
Fingolfin wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:23 am I'm a little surprised that it's only $5,000, at that size. Good grief! :laugh:
O.M.G.....a voice from the past. :O
It's been so long I thought you must have sailed away to Valinor.
How are you?
Howdy! I'm great, all things considered. I do lurk on the collector and Middle-Earth scenes, but not as often as I'd like. I've got a career as a high school band director in SE Michigan these days, and working in public schooling is two people's worth of work. Just returned from taking 84 kids to perform at Disney World, currently juggling the end of the school year with planning the summer's activities and next school year's start. Things never seem to slow down here. Trying to make time to relax! :cheers:
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Return to “Sideshow Collectibles”