Re: Sideshow's War Helm of the Morgul Lord

I received mine today. Not surprisingly, the paint job is poor. I chuckled to myself about "false advertising" as I saw the sticker on the packaging that said "QC passed." These people have no idea what QC is, at least not of what my idea of QC is.

Oddly, after having gotten no extras in the last few orders, this box was stuffed with extra stuff--a Muppets bust, two keychains, one of those weird rubber wristbands, and a catalog.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Re: Sideshow's War Helm of the Morgul Lord

I think the scratches and wear-like marks on the helm are meant to acentuate the crude and rough craftsmanship of the item itself. As a matter of following Prof. Tolkien's theme of all evil things being ugly and unseemly, the helm (and in fact all of the Witchking's armor,) is not meant to convery a sense of shiny perfection like we see in the Gondor soldiers, but rather an unpolished, jagged, and worn look. Also, I highly doubt the Witchking is worried about looks and the scratched up look of his headgear, and thus the helm would naturally be a little beat up after centuries of use in warfare... you gotta remember, this guy has been kicking around for a long time.

Return to “Sideshow Collectibles”