Questions

I have just a few questions, so here goes...

1: I haven't bought and sideshow LOTR stuff before, but what would people reccomend as good buys? What is the general consensus?

2: Which are the biggest statues in the statue line? I think GTW on shadowfax is pretty bit, and the morgul lord, but i could be wrong. Are there any others?

Finally
3: I quite liked the look of the wall plaques, but i haven't read any reviews. Has anybody got/seen them, and if so what did they think?

I think that's all!!

Thanks a lot :thumbs_up

Re: Questions

The 2 biggest statues I have are the Morgul Lord and Sauron, assuming you mean big in the context of size. (If you mean in popularity, then I don't know). Gandalf on Shadowfax is fairly big too, but I only saw it once in a store about a year ago, so I don't recall how big.

I never bought or personally saw any of the wall plaques. I thought they looked a little cheesy in the pictures. And since the statues that looked great in pictures were often disappointing in person (due to sloppy or inadequate painting), Lord knows how the wall plaques would be.

A lot of the Sideshow stuff is no longer available, so first recommendation for what to get is: something that's still available! Beyond that, the best sideshow piece I have is the smaller Balrog. It was VERY well painted. I'm not sure if it's still available. But other statues you should consider are the pieces being done by Danbury Mint. Their Barad Dur is GREAT! They also have a Minas Tirith which isn't out yet, but which should be shipping any time (last word I had was "late September," and it doesn't get much later in September than we are now.

Let us know what you end up doing! :)
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Hey guys,

Two things....

1) I tried emailing Sideshow a question two times now...but they have not replied in weeks. Could someone please tell me what does "Second Chance" mean regarding their LOTR statues? And how does this effect the "limited number" which is stated?

2) I am thinking about getting a few of the LOTR Sideshow statues..and have a few to decide between - which is driving me crazy! lol The main ones i'm deciding between which i found a few places that still carry them (will probably end up getting 3 or 4 pieces) are:
Gandalf on Shadowfax, Aragon at Black Gate, Legolas and Gimli on Horse, King of the Dead, Battle Troll, Sauron, Gothmog on Warg, and the two Danbury Mint pieces...
Suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks everyone!

[quote=""TolkienReader""]does any one know who does repairs on sideshow statues?[/quote]

You could have a model/hobby shop do it.

Gandalf the White and Sauron from SideShow was given to me by the design team at WETA. Let me say, they are AMAZING statues. Best place to get them now? eBay. :thumbs_up

Return to “Sideshow Collectibles”