Statues blues

Unsucessful this year in getting any SW statues, how about you?

Premium line $ is out of reach for me.

Dioramas are delayed and haven't heard about any others which is strange since many in the line pre-ordered sold out

To be a SW Weta statue fan on a limited budget & in a bad economy = no fun

Wish there was an SW person that perused the boards and had some inside information to share about LOTR

Re: Statues blues

landed a gandalf white, though was shooting for a saruman.

waiting a morgul lord but communication with seller has gone to crap and Im getting the feeling things will go wrong with the sale.

latest dioramas from sideshow have been a no-show so far. has anyone had the dark counsel or gandalf vs balrog delievered?

gandalf the white, another static statue, scuplt is nice and color tones match along gandalf the white on shadowfax. not much going on with the statue so it does not leap out and impress.

morgul lord statue has taken over the king of the deads spot for my fav static statue

Ill tell ya how my legolas & gimili on arod does (me hopes)

I got a number of their statues and environments a few years back during the heyday of LOTR merchandising (and my heyday of collecting it). I was definitely not blown away by the quality. The original sculpts were fine, as was the casting, but the painting left somewhat to be desired, esp. on the statues. My Morgul Lord was so bad that I repainted him! Sauron was woefully underdone as well, but I was sufficiently daunted by the scope of what it would take to bring him up to box art quality that I never attempted it. I never bought any of the statues that had humanoid faces—I was unimpressed, by and large, with their resemblance to the characters they were supposed to be.

The one Sideshow statue that really delivered the goods, IMHO, was the second Balrog statue, aka the Babyrog. It was well done.

If you collect environments, the ones I'd recommend getting, if they're still available, are Barad Dur and Minas Tirith from Danbury Mint. I'm sure they're both out of production, but some dealers may still have them. Not only were they top quality, but they were extremely reasonably priced, esp. compared to Sideshoe's overpriced efforts.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

I second Olorin's recommendation on the Danbury Mint statues! I have them both as well, and the amount of detail vs. price is unbelievable!

The only sideshow product i had on order - Conan Ex. PF statue - i cancelled. The price, with shipping from Sideshow to Canada...is just far too much for me right now for a statue that i wasn't over enthusiastic about (unlike the Battle above the Gates)! However, this new piece is one i might pick up eventually...it seems reasonably priced:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9456

Return to “Sideshow Collectibles”