Re: New Gandalf statue

Actually, Olorin, the maquette line has turned out quite well. The production pieces have come out just as good as the prototypes. N2Darkness has some shots he took with the SSW GtG, Gandalf Maquette, and Gandalf PF all lined up and it looks spectacular. The only thing that turns me off to this line are the prices. SS has gotten so e xp ensive lately, but I actually think that they can almost justify because of how good this line is. The Strider Maquette was awesome, and I can't wait to see Legolas and Gimli.
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

They really captured Ian McKellan's face in this piece. :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Thranduil""]They really captured Ian McKellan's face in this piece. :thumbs_up [/quote]

I agree, the facial likeness on this line is what really sets it apart, it's almost as good as the PFs. Normally I'm not a likeness-hawk, I just appreciate the statue for what it is. I'm anticipating the Arwen statue since we haven't gotten a statue of her in action with sword and everything.
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Return to “Sideshow Collectibles”