Re: Shire Post Kickstarter

Valkrist wrote:I hope Buckeye, Deimos, and Nick see this in time. :(
I saw this just in the nick of time. Thanks for the heads up, GuardianWolf!

I managed to get one of the last 9 Mithril Gondor Crowns. :)

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

I'm pretty sure I landed a mithril Crown of Gondor (along with set #2).
I'm not positive because when I pledged there were 9 left and then I got an error message.
So I re-pledged and it LOOKED like it went through, but I never got an email confirmation.
But when I visit the K. site... I see the button that says Manage Your Pledge, and it shows $115 will be charged to my CC (correct last 4 digits too).

So maybe I got one.
btw, that Crown is the old Kastar, which is again available in silver, and which I bought a while back.
No Tharni is offered, tho' [yet]...

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

You should have gotten an email confirmation that stated your pledge number. I got one immediately that said: You're backer 56.

If I were you, I would send Tom an email and ask exactly where your pledge stands, just to be sure. Last time I was late in sending my additional pledge amount to get the extra Black Brumby and Tom kindly informed me that he would make sure it was added to my initial pledge so that I would get all the coins. He was as good as his word.
This Space for Rent

Valkrist wrote:You should have gotten an email confirmation that stated your pledge number. I got one immediately that said: You're backer 56.

If I were you, I would send Tom an email and ask exactly where your pledge stands, just to be sure. Last time I was late in sending my additional pledge amount to get the extra Black Brumby and Tom kindly informed me that he would make sure it was added to my initial pledge so that I would get all the coins. He was as good as his word.
I did as you advised (thanks very much) and a "Woody Maringer" said I was not listed, and (to him) that seemed to settle the matter; that between the error message and me resubmitting my pledge the 100 coins were gone.
I told him that the second time (within one minute of the error message) there were still 5 coins left .
Fortunately I had taken some screen caps that showed the blue screen saying they had received my pledge and would get back to me, a shot of my pledge, and another pic of the credit card that would be charged.

In sending all that I asked him how that could appear and me not have a valid pledge status?
So he gets back to me and we figure out that they were looking at my email user name and not my real name.

So good news (better than the news from the stupid Craigslist seller) from "Woody" : "You are # 94 out of the 100 your backer number is #150 everything on my end looks like you have pledged for the level you wanted."

Mithril Kastar secured. (I prefer the original denomination descriptor)

Thanks again, Val, for suggesting I verify the pledge :thumbs_up

Less than 2 hours left on the kickstarter! I was hoping we'd hit that next stretch goal to get the extra copper moon, but I think they were a bit too ambitious with their goals. I think $25,000 would've been a more realistic threshold than $30,000. Hopefully we'll get lucky and more pledges will come through soon.

OOHHH, and at this posting there is ONE of the MIthril Gondor coin packages available! I guess someone dropped out.

Yeah, I too felt the number was a little ambitious, but oh well. I just wish the rewards had been reversed as I already have the Raven Penny. Again, oh well. At least we'll be able to add any of the new coins onto the shipment via the survey so we can save on shipping. :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

They announced in the comments that they would take all the add ons into consideration. If they meet $30,000 with add ons we can still get the goal unlocked. The only thing is, I don't really want two copper moons. I added one to my pledge in hopes to help unlock the goal. If I add another and they meet the goal, I could've saved the $16. Oy. Guess that's pretty similar to your raven penny situation.

Valkrist wrote:Yeah, I too felt the number was a little ambitious, but oh well. I just wish the rewards had been reversed as I already have the Raven Penny. Again, oh well. At least we'll be able to add any of the new coins onto the shipment via the survey so we can save on shipping. :thumbs_up
I'm not 100% certain, but I think there are two Raven pennies: the original unlicensed one and the present new one.
And again, if memory serves, they are slightly different.
I have the old one (ebay)

Arwyniel wrote:They announced in the comments that they would take all the add ons into consideration. If they meet $30,000 with add ons we can still get the goal unlocked. The only thing is, I don't really want two copper moons. I added one to my pledge in hopes to help unlock the goal. If I add another and they meet the goal, I could've saved the $16. Oy. Guess that's pretty similar to your raven penny situation.
OK, I'm kind of confused (no surprise there :rolleye: )....
I pledged $115 solely to get that awesome, super-dee-duper mithril Crown of Gondor.
So because the some of the stretch goals were met, what will I be getting WITHOUT any add-ons?
Last edited by Deimos on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not sure if the pennies are different, but I'll find out soon enough.

Deimos, for your $115 pledge you will get the full coin set they advertised, plus the Gondor mithril coin. Because the first level of the stretch goal was reached, you will also get the Raven penny at no extra cost. That's it.

If, with people buying more add-ons before shipping, the amount reaches $30k, you will also get the copper half-moon. Arwyniel is merely saying she stands to potentially get two copper half-moons because not only did she pay for one already with an add-on, she would be eligible for a second one if the goal unlocks.

I didn't pay for an add-on but I do want that coin so I will include payment for it when the survey comes. When that happens, I could also potentially be getting a second copper coin if, post add-on payments coming in, the total raised exceeds the $30k.

Clear as mud? ;)
This Space for Rent

Valkrist wrote:I'm not sure if the pennies are different, but I'll find out soon enough.

Deimos, for your $115 pledge you will get the full coin set they advertised, plus the Gondor mithril coin. Because the first level of the stretch goal was reached, you will also get the Raven penny at no extra cost. That's it.

If, with people buying more add-ons before shipping, the amount reaches $30k, you will also get the copper half-moon. Arwyniel is merely saying she stands to potentially get two copper half-moons because not only did she pay for one already with an add-on, she would be eligible for a second one if the goal unlocks.

I didn't pay for an add-on but I do want that coin so I will include payment for it when the survey comes. When that happens, I could also potentially be getting a second copper coin if, post add-on payments coming in, the total raised exceeds the $30k.

Clear as mud? ;)
Oh, yes! Thank you.
I kind of thought that's how it would work, although I forgot I would also get the set of 5 coins .
(I forgot because I already have 2 or 3 of them and so that wasn't as big a deal as the mithril Crown)

Valkrist wrote:I'm not sure if the pennies are different, but I'll find out soon enough....
It was bothering me so I pulled out my coins to check....it's the same stamping.
Mine is bright copper, and the SP website says they age a lot of the coins, so the current Dale penny may have a more "used" appearance than mine.
I also already own the Axe of Durin coin and the autumn/copper Hollin leaf.
So the only coin from that set that I lack and want is the Brumby penny (which IS nice and will be the third coin of Rohan for my collection).

I have no interest is the Eye of Sauron coin, so I will most likely put the Eye, the Axe and the Leaf up for sale (I'm OK with owning two Dale pennies, especially if one is new and one is aged)

Valkrist wrote:Ummm... I think you are looking at the coin set from the last Kickstarter. This one has new coins like the Rivendell half-moon, the Shire half-crown, and the Lake-town ducat. It also includes two older coins: the Southron Mumak and the Saruman coin.
Oh, drat. you are right.
I will miss owning the Brumby, but that is made up for by getting the Shire half crown and the Rivendale half moon.
I am ambivalent about the ducat, and I already have the Mumak and Saruman coin.
So... all is good.
SP may sell the Brumby separately...they did that early on with the copper Hollin, which is how I got mine.
(If you asks them nicely; and if that isn't nice enough, you begs ;) )

For anyone who may have missed it, check your inbox: the surveys have been mailed out.

Also, in a previous email, Tom announced that he is so confident the add-ons will put them over the $30k mark, that he is including the Rivendell copper moon along with the Raven penny as a free bonus. :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

Just received my Kickstarter order.

Mithril Kastar (aka Crown of Gondor ) is very blue and very cool.
Stretch goal coins are New Dale Raven and the Copper Rivendell Moon.
The Raven is the same design as the old one but the coin is slightly smaller.

Re the LOTR #2 Set: Mumak is iron and much smaller than the old copper one, but it really does look good like that.
I like both of them.
Without retrieving the original for a side-by-side comparison, I will say the Red Hand of Saruman is slightly smaller than the old one, and looks a little more copper-y red.
But as Val mentioned, it makes for a better collection to have several coins of the same denomination that aren't identical.
The Shire Half Crown is bright brass.... I would have preferred it to look a little more used. It's OK, but I may darken it.
Lake- Town ducat is nickel and pretty big and heavy. I may sell that one down the road....
Rivendell Silver Moon is lovely, although the Moons and the original Leaves are kind of fanciful as realistic coinage, even in Middle Earth. But I will keep them because they are very unique.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the coins and glad I participated.
(Still have to see about getting that Brumby separately, tho'....)
Last edited by Deimos on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thanks for the initial review of the new SP coins. Much appreciated. I was a bit slow to complete my backer kit survey, causing a self-inflicted shipping delay. Hopefully, the coins will arrive in the next few days.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

All I got was a generalized email saying the coins had begun shipping and all orders would be out the door within seven days. Not sure whether we get an email about our individual orders, but I am a bit surprised that Deimos got hers so fast. Being an international customer, I'm sure it will be a couple of weeks before I see those coins. :(
This Space for Rent

I posted my review Friday morning, which means I received them Thursday afternoon.
They arrived after the regular mail delivery.
And I think I received the "Your order has shipped!" notice earlier in the week, maybe Monday.
So yes, they did arrive rather quickly. :thumbs_up
In fact, now I recall that when I received the special delivery I was surprised that it was the coins, and thinking how fast they came. :O
(Which, I suppose, is better than they being shipped half-fast :crazy: )

Valkrist wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 am My generic "we have begun to ship" email came just this Wednesday, which indicates your coins shipped before even that. Did you get the generic email at all? Since it's not a package, it should actually get here fairly quickly. I guess we'll see.
I emptied my inbox last night, and all the Kickstarter emails are gone.
But I'm quite certain the "shipping" emails showed up two or three days before the coins arrived (I want to say it was Monday).

My coins also arrived today. As always, the quality and details are excellent. The Mithril Gondor Crown is, indeed, very blue! In addition to the coins that came with my pledge, I picked up the brass Rivendell Moon to complete the trio and the Elvish Four Leaf set (after looking for the green leaf for years, I decided that was the only way I was ever going to complete my set).

I simply can't get enough of these Shire Post coins. Love 'em! :inlove:

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Got my shipping email today... and the coins arrived at my door two hours later!?! :?:

Extremely pleased overall, I just love these coins. The Raven Penny, the Iron Mumak, the Shire coin, and the Saruman coin are all different enough to be considered new coins in their own right, which is perfect for variety.

The blue Gondor coin is beautiful and very thick, which brings me to my only (minor) complaint about this new set: the Rivendell coins are a lot thinner than I was expecting, for some reason. I just thought they would be a little thicker and sturdier, but they are still very nice. I too got the brass one as part of the add-on so I have all three right away.

My only other comment is I wish the type of rubber cement that they use to stick the coins to the card was a little softer. The back of my nickel moon is smudged from the glue residue, had to carefully scrape some off the ducat with a blade, and the card got ripped in the process of removing all the coins. :huh:
This Space for Rent

Glad you like your coins, Idril. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the 'bonus' coin. I didn't either because we already got one with the last Kickstarter project, or did some of you not get one then??? Anyway, the first one was a different metal, so it's nice to have two different ones. To answer what it is: it is a promotional Shire Post coin, as I believe the other side has an S and P on it. The side that we can see in your picture depicts Ancalagon the Black, and is one side of an older coin, the Iron Crown of Morgoth (the crown itself, complete with Silmarils, is on the other side of the real coin.) Hope that answers your question. ;)
This Space for Rent

Deimos wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:18 am I also got one...meh.
I take it you could care less about the coin?

lol... can't say I blame you. It’s a nice gesture on Tom's part, but as it's not meant to represent an actual 'real' Middle-earth coin, it's hard to care either way. I've put both of mine in my display just the same.
This Space for Rent

Return to “Other companies”