Re: Kingdom of Heaven Weapons Quality

Ive also been intrested in these swords, they look pretty good. And some of the costumes are cool too. I also like the fact that Windlass is selling the rigging/scabbard aswell. Though its always good to wait to hear reviews of the product, im sure that windlass did an alright job on these. I myself wouldnt mind buying the sword of guy, its very simple, the only thing I dont like about it ius the thin fuller :(
-wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

I wouldn't mind owning some of the Saracen weapons. The movie hasn't come out here yet, and I am not too optimistic about ths movie. Holywood shouold really stay away from these types of movies, or else do them right. I was 1,000,000% dissapointed with the movie Alexander, and Holywood isn't exactly known for its Historical accuracy. Another thing I am "dissapointed" about is the fact that the main character appears to be Orlando Bloom, an actor which I can't say that I love...
(º·.¸(¨*· .¸ . ¸.·**· .¸ . ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«´¨`·.¸.(º·.¸(ﷲﺁ )¸.·º).¸.·´¨`»
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)
[/b]

I just think it's a good idea that they are releasing the weapons at the same time as the film. That way, if it's good and a lot of people like the weapons they see, they don't have to wait to buy them :)
I like Balian's sword. It's a simple enough design, and it has a nice scabbard also, though a little pricy at around $185. His shield is available too, I'm presuming that's also made by Windlass?
It's cool that a certain GA-based company is selling all that, and they make his tunic too :heart_eye Most people will know who I mean, but you can PM me if you don't :thumbsup:
Last edited by The Flame of the West on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

The July issue of Blade has a really nice article on the blades in the movie. Simon Atherton who supervised the making of the blades talks about them, how many they made for the movie, and where. The article also has nice pictures of the blades. The only blades I really like are the LOTR ones but I am tempted to get the Balian sword. It is nice looking. I also like the fact they've already got the scabbard ready for it too. I wish United Cutlery did that.

:horseback
10 months and counting till the release of The Hobbit.

I like that windlass has decided to keep the scabbards sepret, Usually the swords come with a cheap-o leather sheath, but now you have the option of buying a better qualtiy scabbard with a wooden core:groveling

Anyways, they released a couple new items to this collection including the helm of saladin, and the sword of reynald. They look pretty cool, I wouldnt mind picking up one of the helms, maybe later this year
:cheers:
-wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Grima Wormtongue wrote:
Anyways, they released a couple new items to this collection including the helm of saladin, and the sword of reynald. They look pretty cool

-wormtongue

Hi fellow Grima!
I was just wondering,where did you see these new items?I've been dying to own a repro of Saladin's Helm!!
Thanks
The other Grima
The Horsemen are drawing nearer,on leather steeds they ride,they've come to take your life!
Onto the death of night,with the Four Horsemen ride,or choose your fate and die!!

grima wrote:Hi fellow Grima!
I was just wondering,where did you see these new items?I've been dying to own a repro of Saladin's Helm!!
Thanks
The other Grima
WOW, this is one helm I would definitely LOVE to own. Such a beautiful piece of work, so intracately detailed, a really wonderful piece. I never realised that it was released, however, it is a bit too e xp ensive for my budget. Here is a pic of this beautiful item:

This officially licensed movie replica Helmet of Saladin is manufactured of a beautiful antiqued 18 gauge brass, which is inlayed with an ornate middle-eastern pattern. The lavish nose guard is adjustable and the helmet comes complete with a camail of steel, which has been brass plated and antiqued to match. This helmet is truly fit for a king. Fully adjustable liner and chin strap. Display stand included.

If you want any more info on this ite, PM me, and I will tell you where you can find this amazing helm.
[/b]

I have to say, Im getting really intrested in these swords. I even have the sword Ibelin[size=-1] as my new wallpaper. I plan on getting it and the scabbard, maybe before Christmas or ask for it as a gift. I also really like the sword of Tiberias, and the Hosptaller helm:heart_eye (im in love)[/size]

Anyways, I posted to share that this line still seems to be going strong, 3 more helms have been made! I want to see some more, and maybe some swords to (hospitaller was my favorite character, id like to see his sword made), hopfully will see some more towards the dvd release

Mask of the king Baldwin IV
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/G ... 00638l.jpg

Helm of King Richard the Lionheart
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/G ... 00392l.jpg

And an early great helm
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/G ... 00394l.jpg
~wormtongue

defyitall wrote:yeah, me too. I really want to get the sword of Ibelin. Maybe the tunic too. For the Ren Faire season.

Ahh yes, Im also intrested in his tunic, aswell as the tunic of Guy (probly his more, kinda a classic crusader tunic), and the shield look nice too. Grab a chainmail shirt and coif and Ive got a pretty nice Costume to show off. Theres so much great stuff, im surprised the movie didnt do to well in American theaters
~wormtongue

Other things like a certain Katana? ;)

It's interesting they made the helm of Richard the Lionheart, since he only appears right at the end of the film. Still, it does look pretty cool.

I'm not too surprised it didn't do well here. The crusades is a topic which isn't really discussed in the US version of World History, or it wasn't when I took it, so you'd have to be a bit more into history to know what it's about and want to go see it. The R rating also didn't help I'm sure. I am a little surprised though, that more people didn't go to see it just because Orlando Bloom is in it :violin:

Anyway, if you do get the Sword of Ibelin Grima, we would all like to see pics of it of course :)

Yeah, me too.

Now that you mention those other films, it does make sense that Kingdom of Heaven would suffer because they, of a similar genre, were so poor. It's a shame really. I didn't see King Arthur, but we have Troy and Alexander on DVD, and neither are as good as KoH. I just don't like Brad Pitt as Achilles, and Alexander is too gay. Everytime he isn't off fighting, he's eyeing up one of his man-servants :rolleyes_ I think they over-emphasised that particular aspect of his life to point of being gross.

I saw Arthur, it wasnt bad. Clive Owen was alright, I dont think he fit the role perfectly, as he did in Sin City. Its a very diffrent movie, and I think the biggest problem with it is the fact that it has nothing to do with the actual Arthur legend. Though I cant quite remeber the whole legend, it seems in this version, it doesnt even come close, and the only thing similer is the names of the characters. Though still enjoyable (Keira Knightly:thumbsup: ), the fight scenes wernt that great either

Anyways...
Anarion wrote: They made the king's mask!

Its nice, though I was sad to find out that its made of fiberglass
Anyway, if you do get the Sword of Ibelin Grima, we would all like to see pics of it of course :)

Ofcouse, though I still gotta find a camera to borrow:confused: Last person I asked broke theres, maybe ill just buy one with the holidays coming up and such.. Anyways, I know in the past Ive said that I hate thin fullers, and I cant stand the feel of suede, I will make an exception with this sword
defyitall wrote:there's places you could get a Templar tunic for less.

but, anyhoo, yeah I may do it for the Ren Faire. But I may paint my own wooden shield. You can get blanks for less than the repro.

Ahh yes, I probly could do that aswell, thanks for the suggestions Defyitall. I agree, cant wait for the extended release...
~wormtongue

I'm really glad that they decided to make Baldwin's mask,I loved it since the very first internet trailer,and have been dying to get it...The time has come!!

I've ordered it,and have been told it will get here pretty soon,I'll be sure to post lots of pics :)
Like defyitall said,making it out of metal would just have been prohibitive,it is very intricate,and therefore difficult to replicate on an unlimited item (at least it appears to be unlimited)

I'm starting to consider buying the Sword of the King to go along with it,and I will definately have to pick up the Ibelin Sword someday...Good stuff :)

Grima
The Horsemen are drawing nearer,on leather steeds they ride,they've come to take your life!
Onto the death of night,with the Four Horsemen ride,or choose your fate and die!!

jayman2982 wrote:I have just purchased the sword and it will arrive tomorrow. I will post many pics as soon as I can get my camera back. It was pretty cheap for a functional sword ( I think its fuctional) only $150.

I cant wait for your review and pics. Congradulations on it. It is functional, I read its one of Windlass's best swords. Just one thing, when you do get it, please tell me if the grip has suede or leather on it. Thanks
~wormtongue

Sorry no pics yet, dont have cam but the grip is suede and is glued to the handle than sewn for extra strenght. The sword is very light and beaughtiful and weighs atleast a pund or two less than herugrim. The wall mount is not the extroidinary but fits the sword very well. All in all it was definately worth the 150 bucks and cant wait to get the scabbard. Pics will be up soon ( I hope)

mastersword36 wrote: I'm thinking of gettin this sword, or that of Tiberias's

Ive searched a couple Internet forums trying to find reviews on these swords (though I haven't), most of the people who have commented on this collection seem only to be interested in Balians and Tiberias's swords (myself included). We all have great taste in swords I guess :D
jayman2982 wrote: Sorry no pics yet, dont have cam but the grip is suede and is glued to the handle than sewn for extra strenght.

Damn, Ive probably said this a few times already, but I hate the feeling of suede. I really like this sword, but there are two things that bother me about it (narrow fuller and suede grip). Its gonna bother the hell out of me if and when I get this sword :(
Anarion wrote:
Yeah "Tiberias's sword" is cool, but windlass messed up on the naming of the swords. Watched the movie 2nd time today, and the sword that they call Tiberias's sword is in fact the sword of Guy in the movie. When he attacks the muslims, you can see it, and when he holds it up after being crowned king, you can see it. It's definately not the metal wire gripped sword they say is his. So, I would assume that "sword of guy" is Tiberias's? But they never show it...

I thought you were wrong, so I did a search on the net, and watched a little of the movie myself. But its true, Windlass (or the web stores) seemed to have mixed up the weapons. Thanks for pointing it out
~wormtongue

Sorry to say this but I was wrong. I did some research and tested the grip and it is infact leather, fooled me because it did not have that leather smell but the feel of it felt like leather. Sorry Mastersword it is leather and congrats Grima you win the bet. Next im getting the scabbard as well probably this coming week. I will have pics of the sword and scabbard hopefully soon.

jayman2982 wrote:Sorry to say this but I was wrong. I did some research and tested the grip and it is infact leather, fooled me because it did not have that leather smell but the feel of it felt like leather. Sorry Mastersword it is leather and congrats Grima you win the bet. Next im getting the scabbard as well probably this coming week. I will have pics of the sword and scabbard hopefully soon.

LOL, thanks for the additional research. Glad to hear its not suede, but Anarions right, even if it was, I could rip it off and replace it:thumbsup: I decided not to buy this yet, and keep saving for a Fletcher/Trim Borderwatch (price is over $1800 Canadian with all the fixings). Perhaps ill ask my family to buy it for Christmas (either the Ibelin sword, or the Hospitaller helm, though I find the helm a little pricey)
mastersword36 wrote: When I find reviews on these swords its only about the Sword of Ibelin, I can't find any reviews about the others. Grima, if you don't mind, could you PM the sites with a review of Tiberias's sword?

Sorry, never found a review on it, just found people posting how interested they are in that particular sword. I only remember one review for the Ibelin sword from a guy who said it was one of windlasses best blades, though I cant remember where I saw it:confused:
Pacey wrote:As for the grip, Grima I find it odd that you detest suede so much lol. I also know a girl who cant touch pottery...

I know another person that doesn't like the suede feel, and another that cant stand Cotton, though both those people are a little weird. Hope I'm not weird *twitches*
~wormtongue

Forgive me if this was already said, but I watched the movie again, and the grip appears to be made of wood..Again, I apologise if somebody already pointed this out, or dissproved my statement, but I thought it was worth noting..It looks alot like wood..

Anyway, Congrats to all those who have KoH replicas coming their way..Congrats Pacey as well, on the soon to be yours - Sword of Ibelin..I would absolutely Love to own the Hlme of Saladin, but money is a tiny bit of an issue...
[/b]

mastersword36 wrote:You should still ge the helm of Saladin. It is a nice looking helmet, and I especially like the brass camail coming off the back. Does anyone know if the noseguard is adjustable because it sure looks like it

Yeah, the nosegaurd is adjustable...

Today I saw a bit of Daily Planet (not sure if they have one in the US, but its like a general science TV show), and they had a guy (he had something to do with kingdom of heaven) talking about the diffrent swords. I didnt catch all of it, but I did see several of the swords windlass makes. Thought it was pretty cool
~wormtongue

I have just recieved my scabbard and it it awesome.Pros The whole thing smells of leather and is just almost as heavy as the sword, it is well made and durable. Con the price was as just as much of the sword 150, though a little pricy for a scabbard it accents the piece very well. The other bad thing it doesnt all fit on the plack but o well. Still well worth it and consider everyone to buy the sword and the scabbard.

Return to “Other companies”