Re: Kingdom of Heaven Weapons Quality

I just received Ibelins sword recently, Wednesday to be exact. You can see a couple pictures in the gallery. I havnt heard anything on it being limited, however, I would bet that its true. They already stopped producing the Kings sword, and I cannot find any more (though personally I wouldn't want to own it, I was trying to look for curiosity sake). Ibelins scabbard seems to be on hiatus as well, as I have seen some sites list them as discontinued. If you buy the sword though, it would be a good idea to find the scabbard.

I do think these swords are good buys, and I really enjoy the Ibelin sword, and I am hoping to buy the Guy and Tiberius swords in the near future. Oh, and also, I will be receiving the Hospitaller helmet, I just have to pay some extra shipping.

Hope you found my information useful. Cheers!
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Thanks for your imput Grima, much appreciated!
Think i might order 1 piece in the upcoming week.... Out of curiosity though, why would you not want to own the King's sword?

Well, i found this information out a couple of hours ago (while taking a study break)....one website claims:
1) Sword of the King is discontinued
2) Sword of Ibelin is limited to 3000 pieces (with less than 1000 left for sale)
3) The KOH license for Windlass e xp ires May 2007
Now this is only one website's claim (especially the last two points), so take it with some caution.

This is one aspect of many sword companies like United and Windlass which I find to be rather annoying. While they provide us with wonderful products, they tend to have a non-existent public front. What I mean is that they do not update or announce any product information directly to the public. It all comes through the retailers and, as Jash says, you have to take their words with caution. Kit Rae was kind enough to divulge us with certain information about the UC line up. Just a thought I thought I would throw in there...

I haven't found a major likely to the swords from Kingdom of Heaven. I enjoyed the movie and I have held the swords, but they did not appeal to me as much as the LoTR ones did. Still though, they are very well constructed swords.

Which piece are you thinking of getting Jash?
Valar morghulis

Jash wrote:Thanks for your imput Grima, much appreciated!
Think i might order 1 piece in the upcoming week.... Out of curiosity though, why would you not want to own the King's sword?
Its just not appealing to me. Though I have heard that it was one of the better Kingdom of Heaven swords out there. Anyways, good luck with your purchases.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Thorin wrote:Which piece are you thinking of getting Jash?

Well Thorin, the only 3 pieces that really caught my eye are: Ibelin's sword, The King's sword, and Saladin's Helm. But one slight (actually huge) problem... I've spent the past 2 weeks searching through countless websites for the King's sword, sent some emails, made some phone calls - but can not find anyone that still has any in stock. So i'm at a dilemma...replace the sword with one of the other KOH swords...or forget all 3 pieces and put the money towards something else.... (hey, 'tis the buisness of collecting, eh?).
Last edited by Jash on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your other option would be to check out the new Eragon swords that are being released in December with the movie. From the pictures i have seen, they are trying to step up to the same standard that UC did with the LoTR's in that they are decorated shipping boxes and fancy wall plaques as well. I do not know what the quality will be like, but I am assuming that they will be up there with some of the others although perhaps not as nice as some of the LoTR ones. I'll upload some pictures to the gallery...
Valar morghulis

Well thanks for your suggestions guys! I've still been contacting any site i've seen with the King's sword posted on it. But, of course, i've been let down every single time. I have one more site to get a hold off (been having trouble though...their phone is always "busy" and their website was down for a few days - so not sure if they got my emails). If they say 'no' too..which is looking likely so far...i will have to just move on.

Thorin, i've seen the pics of the swords from the Eragon movie..and, so far, they do not grab my attention (but i'll post why on the Eragon thread).

am.dk, i've been looking at that sword, the Edward III sword, for quite some time now. It's a very nice sword, and, is very very similar to the King's sword...right down to the raised flowers. Actually, the one that i've been tempted over is here:
http://www.armor.com/sword157.html
It's made by a company called "Arms & Armor". I do not have any 1st hand e xp erience with them, but i heard that they're good...up there with Albion. So the sword is better than the CAS one, but, more than twice the price! If it does come down to this sword..i'll probably just go for the CAS version..since the store i work in deals a lot with CAS, and i can get a good price. Which means i can postpone my KOH collection for some time again ('til the new year)...and finish up my LOTR.

i am also very impressed about the king´s sword ,and it seems to be a very rare and beautiful sword ,taken from the period of time the original was made .
but it seems like wee are not the only ones who think that ,sens the windlass version is almost impossible to get anywhere.

but there is still the cas and the armor.com version and they may do a better and more impressive job as the king´s sword than the windlass version .

i am curious about what kind of steel quality the armor.com version is made of ,it doesn´t say ??.

Welcome to UCF, Orphalion!

If you order from MRL, they offer an $18 sharpening service. But, if you order from another vendor or already own the sword, an edge can still be put on it, if you know what you're doing. The steel will take and hold a decent edge.

I prefer to leave mine blunt. Sharpening is really a matter of removing material, so I can change my mind later on.
Last edited by Urambo Tauro on Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling

am.dk wrote: i am curious about what kind of steel quality the armor.com version is made of ,it doesn´t say ??.

Well am.dk, all i found for the CAS-Hanwei version was "high-carbon steel". But, i know for most of the mid-range blades Hanwei forges, they use 1065 high carbon steel...but i'm only 75% sure of that...
As for the Arms&Armor version of the sword...they use 6150 carbon steel on all their swords (so they claim).

The only difference i could gather from the two is thus: 1065 is a "pure high carbon steel" but 6150 is an "alloy based from 1065 or from a similar steel". Hope that helps...

hey orphalion ,i assume it is the windlass version you have .

in my opinion i think it looks undone,but maby it is just me, i like the details to be as perfect as posible,and not screwed up ore going in the wrong directions.

i actually thought the pompel on this sword was made in one piece and not in different parts.
do you have any pictures of the sword on distance ,i mean a picture were you can see the hole sword ?.
this little defect may give the sword a strange look.

thanks for the picture orpalion,unfutunaly i cant help you on this one.
lets hope that any one else comes by this tread whit a solution.

i have no idea of how to deal whit this screwed up pompel ,besides replacing it.it does looks screwed up ,and gives the sword the wrong impression. :(

i am also wondering why windlass has stopped the productions on the koh line, has only been up for what ,a year a year and a half now.and they seems to bee selling very well now.

hmm,makes me wondering if they only have defected koh swords left and selling out of those too,well they cant replace them enyway.but gives the company a bad reputation.

personly i realy like and want this sword ,and i think i am gona go for the cas version ,if i am abel to get it imported,somtimes next year.

Well, it's sadly now official...
Not only have a few websites started to deem their KOH lineup as "discontinued" or "nearing an end"...but also Museum Replica (Windlass's main distributer) now also has the entire KOH lineup as "Discontinued" for Spring. So get 'em while you can guys!

So i finally picked up my 3 "wishlist" KOH items: Ibelin's Sword, King of Jerusalem Sword (was very very lucky on that one), and Saladin's Helmet. Should be here Thursday or Friday - can't wait!

I picked one up (along with scabbard) back when MRL was clearing them out. It was one of those "for that price, worth a shot" ideas. However, it was much better in person that i ever e xp ected. The amount of hilt detail was for better than any online picture i've seen (i tried to capture it better when i posted pics of it in my UCF gallery). It's a beast though - definitely pays homage to its Viking design lol. Nice buy!
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

[quote=""Jash""]I picked one up (along with scabbard) back when MRL was clearing them out. It was one of those "for that price, worth a shot" ideas. However, it was much better in person that i ever e xp ected. The amount of hilt detail was for better than any online picture i've seen (i tried to capture it better when i posted pics of it in my UCF gallery). It's a beast though - definitely pays homage to its Viking design lol. Nice buy![/quote]

Thanks Jash!! I'm looking forward to getting it.

[quote=""Lindir""]What about the sword of Guy? which I believe was incorrectly marketed as the sword of Tiberias. Guy's sword has the hemp wrapped handle. I kinda like the design and I've spotted one, but not sure about it.[/quote]

I bought both the sword of Guy and the sword of Tiberias from my friends shop and then decided to just make payments on them so I didn't have to drop $600 on the spot. When I handled them though, I was really impressed with both.

Return to “Other companies”