Which Is Your Favourite Albion Sword?

To start this section of the thread off... I thought it would be best to find out what everyone's favourite Albion Sword is.

There are a lot to chose from... but I think there is one in my mind that stands out above the others!

Mine would have to be Brescia Spadona. It is a hand and a half sword dating from the 1400's! It's not cheap, but for the amount of work that has gone into it, I can see why! See for yourself!

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/joh ... rescia.htm

If you haven't heard of Albion Armourers before, check out their website!

http://www.albion-swords.com/
Valar morghulis

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Albion Sword?

year the brescia is a beatyfull sword also one of my favorite.

here is some other favorite albion swords i have in miend. this is in no spcific order it is to hard to chuse whits one i like the most.so here we go.

the norman
the oakeshutt
the dane (two hander)
the vinland
and ofcause the discerner.
not to forget conan and father swords.
and the death dealer helm and axe.

oh, man i need some mony for thise.i want them all. :)

yes i have been looking at jody samson´s amasing work,beateyfull fantasy swords.i might think that this is the ciend of swords oldtob have in miend, if ore may i say when ,he get hes prociekt on going. ;)

i looking forward to see were in europe albion is opening there new comperny,i hope it will be here in denmark. :cool:

in about 2 weeks i have one week of from work,and i will take a day to the national museum in copenhagen,(were eric mchugh´s and peter johnson from albion got some of ther inspiration),and look around.
man why dident i think of this before ,havent been at the national museum for ages. :D

am.dk wrote:yes i have been looking at jody samson´s amasing work,beateyfull fantasy swords.i might think that this is the ciend of swords oldtob have in miend, if ore may i say when ,he get hes prociekt on going. ;)

i looking forward to see were in europe albion is opening there new comperny,i hope it will be here in denmark. :cool:

in about 2 weeks i have one week of from work,and i will take a day to the national museum in copenhagen,(were eric mchugh´s and peter johnson from albion got some of ther inspiration),and look around.
man why dident i think of this before ,havent been at the national museum for ages. :D

I'll go to a french cutlery fair in Thiers (the french capital of hand made cutlery). My search for a blade maker continues........
UC Sting ; UC Sting Scabbard ; UC Glamdring ; UC Narsil ; UC Shards of Narsil (2735/5000) ; UC MC Sting (323/3000) ; UC MC Glamdring (105/1000) ; UC Anduril UE + scabbard ; UC Herugrim ; UC Uruk-Hai Scimitar ; Kropserkel Gondorian Vambraces ; IndyProps Redbook of Westmarch ; IndyProps Thror's Map ; NC Crown of Elessar ; NC Evenstar ; NC Phial of Galadriel ; MR The One Ring of Sauron 1887/2500 ; Danbury Minas Tirith & Barad Dur ; Knife of Sharkû the warg rider; The Sauron sized One Ring ; Albion Armorers Conan's Atlantean Sword (61/1000)
my props collection : http://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php ... e=oldtobby

They may allow pictures as long as no flash is used. That is most common in museums around the world. I can see why for paintings and fabrics, as light does discolour them.

I managed, by accident, to find a way to take a picture of swords through glass without using the flash. For some reason I changed it to my night setting and all of them with the exception of one, turned out great.

Let us know how it goes when you return! :)

And if you see Peter there.... ;)
Valar morghulis

:cool: Here's my future baby :goofy_pur
Jody's Pattern-weld Barrow Leaf Blade
I have ordered it today and I know this will be a great short sword.
The design is perfect and the pattern welded blade is made by Rick Barret, and I know the quality of his work

A light and lively short sword, this looks like something found in a barrow-grave of an ancient king. The blade is deeply hollowground of 1/4" pattern-welded 15N20 and A203C steel by Rick Barrett. The guard and pommel are "lost wax" castings from one-of-a-kind original waxes hand-carved by Jody. The castings have been darkened.
Grip and doeskin leather wrap by Shan-Aan.
This sword is one of only a few that bear his "personal" mark.

Overall length: 25"
Blade Length: 18"
Weight: 2 lbs 13 oz

:heart_eye
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by oldtobby on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
UC Sting ; UC Sting Scabbard ; UC Glamdring ; UC Narsil ; UC Shards of Narsil (2735/5000) ; UC MC Sting (323/3000) ; UC MC Glamdring (105/1000) ; UC Anduril UE + scabbard ; UC Herugrim ; UC Uruk-Hai Scimitar ; Kropserkel Gondorian Vambraces ; IndyProps Redbook of Westmarch ; IndyProps Thror's Map ; NC Crown of Elessar ; NC Evenstar ; NC Phial of Galadriel ; MR The One Ring of Sauron 1887/2500 ; Danbury Minas Tirith & Barad Dur ; Knife of Sharkû the warg rider; The Sauron sized One Ring ; Albion Armorers Conan's Atlantean Sword (61/1000)

And if you see Peter there....
hehe ,i dont think i get the opotunity to see peter unles they accedenly are on some of ther european reseatch tour.you can read all about thise reseatch tour´s on albion web side. :)

congratulation on your new jody barrow leaf blade.it looks amasing oldtob.
i am starting to get a littel jaelus here.:rolleyes:
wodering were you get all thise mony from,dident you just buoght the mc glamdring.
my 950 $ mc glamdring ruint my økonomi.i need to start up a new saving to buy my next sword,and this time it is going to be an albion. :)

am.dk wrote:wodering were you get all thise mony from,dident you just buoght the mc glamdring.
my 950 $ mc glamdring ruint my økonomi.i need to start up a new saving to buy my next sword,and this time it is going to be an albion. :)

(in fact, you're right, I'm becoming more and more short of money :eek:
but this was an opportunity I couldn't miss as these swords are all one of a kind and I was dreaming of a damascus leaf blade short sword for years :heart_eye ....... and I make a bit money by selling Conan the Barbarian jade blazon replicas on ebay :p )
Last edited by oldtobby on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wow oldtobby, that looks like one fine piece of work!
Congrats!
I'm with am.dk though...the MC Glamdring put a huge dent in my "sword savings"..lol But my collection will not be complete until i have an Albion hanging on my wall!
My favourites right now are the Conan swords as well as the Highlander swords (have always loved the movie and series). Does anyone here own Albion sowrds from either of these two movies? I would love to hear their feedback :)

Jash wrote:Wow oldtobby, that looks like one fine piece of work!
Congrats!
I'm with am.dk though...the MC Glamdring put a huge dent in my "sword savings"..lol But my collection will not be complete until i have an Albion hanging on my wall!
My favourites right now are the Conan swords as well as the Highlander swords (have always loved the movie and series). Does anyone here own Albion sowrds from either of these two movies? I would love to hear their feedback

I have the atlantean sword (s) : I have ordered the first one 4 years ago now, at the very beginning of their project and this is a very good recollection : I am a fan of this movie since I was 8 years old (I'm 30 now) and I was searching infos about it on the web (pics, original trailers...) when I found a link on yahoo which was talking about a conan sword project,
and when I saw what this project was, wow I didn't stop screaming during at least 15 minutes (my neighbours remember of that :lol_blue: ) : "the original sword prop maker Jody Samson will recreate a 100% accurate line of Conan swords".
Of course $3000 was a big price, and my salary was not very high, but this was the price of a dream to come true.
When I received it about 9 month later, I took an holiday specialy for this event. And I was not disappointed : even if you know the sword is huge, you are amazed by its dimensions and weight in your hands. The balance is perfect and you immediately feel the strength of this "skull chopping blade".

What is very important too is the fittings have been molded on the original swords so you have an exact replica and not a too perfect and "sterilized" unaccurate replica (as the Marto's ones). The blade seems very well tempered (but I have not make a test, sorry :p ).

am.dk was correct. I love this sword so much I have ordered another one last year with some minor modifications in order to have my very own one of a kind atlantean sword :D .

The last thing I have to say is : don't make the same mistake : I have ordered my first sword sharpened, thinking this will be fun, exciting, functionnal........ and finally this was stupid : this sword is so heavy this was too dangerous to handle it with a sharpened blade. Moreover, in fact the real prop sword is not sharpened so this was not "accurate" to do that.

For the highlander swords (I'm also a big fan of the first movie), I know the level of quality of Albion's swords so I'm sure you won't be disappointed. the only thing I don't like too much is the handle material which I don't find very authentic (but I know ivory was impossible....)

Concerning my savings... I don't really remember what this word means :loco: particularly this week, as I will preorder the second most anticipated prop replica I ever wanted to own : the Boba Fett EP VI blaster...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by oldtobby on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jash wrote:Wow oldtobby, you are now a sword collecting icon to me!
The most i've spent on a single piece so far is the MC Glamdring...so maybe in a decade i can work my way up to the Albion Highlander katana....just hope i can still get my hands on one....

I wish you'll be able to get one very soon... and don't forget that Albion offer a payplan of 12 month on their e xp ensive swords... That's the way I bought my first Atlantean.

Hey guys,
Not sure who has been keeping up with Albion Movie swords..but it's not been a great year:
The Highlander project was ended as of Jan 1st.
The Conan project will be discontinued at the end of Oct.

This is sad because these were the 2 movies that really got me into sword collecting...so i was hoping to get 1 each of Albion's Highlander and Conan swords... Guess i missed out on the Highlander - but trying to save up for a Conan before that's too late! lol

I've held both Conan swords and let me tell you, they are worth every penny. Jash, if these swords are something that you've wanted for a long time... I would recommend putting an order through before the close them. I believe it was the end of the month. If they have to produce it... it could take a few weeks or months for them to put together... so you pay the deposit and then find the rest of the cash before then. It is certainly well worth it though... and if I had the money, I would not second guess myself.

Not to put you into a position.... and not to spend your money :D :D :D
Valar morghulis

Nice Ted! I also look forward to some pics and maybe a little review (if you ever get bored...lol).

Thorin - don't worry buddy, you can spend my imaginary money however you please! What you suggest was actually what i was thinking...place an order end of Sept (after i pay off University fees etc etc...) and pay in installments... The only thing that's holding me back is i've already spent a whole lot this year...and this isn't another $200 sword we're talking about! lol But, money's meant to be spent, right?

However, i'm trying to decide b/w the Conan Atlantean or the Conan Destroyer...suggestions? (don't worry, i have about 2 months to decide!)
Last edited by Jash on Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What? No more Conan swords to lust over?!?! Doh!

I personally lusted over the atlantean limited edition....the one that's like $10,000+

I don't really think it should cost $7,000+ dollars more than the standard edition...but the limited edition name is certainly lusty material. :thumbs_up

But yeah, I prefer the atlantean, I think my preference of the movies is affected my judgement on this one, but since they're essentially very similar and are the same price, its up to you.

P.S. (has anyone else read about the potential making of the third movie?) :viking:
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.

Hey guys!

Sorry for the long break...but...

I went through with it. I ordered a Conan Sword!!!!! (and my first Albion!!!)

Buttt.....sorry guys, i ended up going for the Destroyer version. I also like the 1st movie much better...but it was just something about the leather grip and more polished bronze fittings which really appealed to me. Just have to wait another 4-6months now....

And i'm worried...if i'm half as impressed as i think i'll be...i see a few more Albions on my wall - i'm already drooling over the Bescia Spadona!

Oh Jash... what have you done! You won't be disappointed I guarantee that. Both swords are fantastic and when you pick this up and grasp it in your hands, you will see what I mean.

I've been drooling over Albion's swords ever since my Crecy arrived. My only regret is not having the money to spend on one of their scabbards. That would have made it oh so much sweeter. Maybe next time :)

The Spadona was cool when I picked it up though I was e xp ecting it to be heavier than it actually was. Ohh so sweet. :)
Valar morghulis

Well, for me I think that the best Albion sword would be the Discerner. I know I was disappointed to find out that Albion was using injection molded plastic for their Highlander swords and that for the price the blade wasn't even folded steel. That's not to say that they aren't pretty, but just not worth the price.

There are better options out there for 'real' Highlander swords. Both Sal d' Aguila and Zeist Armories are using handles made of Kevlar/Carbon fiber. But one's just a little bit more affordable....
Blessed be the Lord, my strength, that teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. Psalms 144:1
Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

My favorite Albions:
Favorite Viking:
http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/alb ... g-jarl.htm

Favorite overall!:
http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/alb ... gn-xiv.htm

Cool and would buy if I had all the money in the world:
http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/alb ... ypexiv.htm

Longsword:
http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/alb ... ry-xva.htm

I personally like the curved bladewards cross guard. That probably comes from how many perpendicularly straight cross guards hit my forearms when twirling the sword. I also like the smoother symmetry

[quote=""RevAnakin""]I don't know why but I am just obsessed with Type XIV swords! I WANT THEM ALLL!!!

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/joh ... lingen.htm[/quote]

Well, now I see why you like Boromir's sword so much. :)

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Don't know if Jody Samson swords count here, but he did have a close relationship with Albion, and I know that he did at least work with them several times. But yeah, he made quite a few breathtaking swords. Shame they're pretty much impossible to get ahold of nowadays, since he only made one of each... =/
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Return to “Other companies”