Re: Valiant Armoury "Signature Collection"

Sorry, unfortunately I don't have time for too long of a post, but I just wanted to say that I received it, and am very pleased with it. It is a very attractive sword, and the leather work is spectacular. I was worried, after seeing a photo on SFI that the color was going to be a bit more of a glossy red, but its a nice aged brown. The sword feels fairly light, no really big flaws or scratches on the blade or hilt components, and the blade doesn't feel as whippy as a Windlass sword. It's also very sharp, I cut myself while cleaning the blade, spent last night in the hospital... kidding. I definitely would buy another from the line, and I gotta thank Richard for the quick responses to my emails, and the free shipping, helluva deal. I'll try to post some more of my thoughts, and hopefully pictures, this weekend.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Thanks Thorin. Well I've been quite busy the past few days, and have been working a lot, so I didn't get a chance to take a lot of pics, but I did snap 2 quick ones. I'll post some more later, with perhaps a more thorough review. If any one has any questions though, feel free to ask or request a pic.

Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Beautiful, Grima! You're a lucky guy. These are already selling out on some sites. I really love the look of the scabbard. All of the scabbard/belt combos in this line are amazing.

Congrats.

EDIT: Maybe you should put it on, take a pic, then post it?!?
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

Man oh man...where have i been?!?
All i really wanted to say is sweet sword Grima! I hope you're enjoying it...and now that the 'honeymoon' phase has died down a little - what are your current opinions on the sword? Regardless...it does look like a great buy...i tip my hat to thee, sir!
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Thanks Rough, Ed, Richard, and Jash, I apologies for the lack of photos, and details like I promised earlier :embarasse Been busy, recently got a new job, so I haven't been able to spend a lot of "quality time" posting or playing around with my blades. I'll get back to you though.

What I do want to bring up is Valiant's new website, forum, and new line. Valiant has introduced the 'Regal line" to their collection, consisting of Christian Fletcher's designed swords on actual Atim Blades. The first one is a repeat, the Kriegswhert, but the second one is an original (The "Monarch"), but no pics yet. Also, If you check out their site, and forum, they are offering a contest for a free sword.

I was messing around on the VA website, and i must say, it is a nice improvement! On the plus side, i can not wait to see how the "Custom Sword Shoppe" part turns out, and the options available. On the other hand though, I don't know if it's just me, but in regards to the "Regal" line: it is a CF inspired design on an Atrim blade, correct? But for $1000, are you not getting close to the price range of an Atrim blade customised by CF himself? I guess it's just a matter of personal preference...if someone is willing to spend $1000 on a sword, would they spend the extra couple of hundred to be fully authentic...? Not taking sides here, just curious on opinions :)
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Return to “Other companies”