Darksword Armory

Hey all,

I found these guys a while ago..and was wondering if anyone has any e xp erience with them...

http://www.darksword-armory.com/swords.html

The interesting thing though is that they are based in Laval, Quebec, Canada! They hand forge all their blades and their prices are quite reasonable...sub $300!

In fact..they even have a few LOTR inspired peices....
But the one that's tempting me is the Squire......ohhh man....too many swords out there, too little money!

Enjoy!

Re: Darksword Armory

Interesting! I have never heard of these guys before. They look to be fairly high quality swords and from those videos, proven to stand up to a fair amount of beating. I love their armour and I am also intrigued by their custom orders! :D

It's nice to see some things coming out of Canada too!
Valar morghulis

The thing that really surprised me is their prices!

I mean, they're on the same price level as a Windlass, for example. But, a lot more unique. I think over the summer, after i pay off my Conan sword (lol), i might pick up one of these swords. Not just to try them out, but it would be nice to have a "made in Canada" to add uniqueness to my collction! lol
But, that is of course assuming nothing else catchs my attention.

Ive actually heard some mixed reviews about Darksword Armoury on Sword Forum International. I believe some of their weapons had very weak tangs, this was a while ago though, and I see they have added a lot more to their site, and have received good reviews on Sword Buyers Guide, so maybe they have improved? Some times SFI members can be too critical of lower end swords.

Its also worth mentioning that their LOTR inspired swords actually look more like copy's of Christian Fletcher's past LOTR inspired swords. I'm talking about their Boromir (CFs Redeemer), and Medieval Fantasy swords.

Anyways, I hope you look into them carefully, and if you do happen to order, end up getting a good quality sword for a low price.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Yeah...i read those SFI reviews and the SBG ones as well. By the looks of it, they have improved quite a bit over the past few years. In fact, there are some test videos on youtube and SBG which are actually quite remarkable - for a "beater" sword.

And i agree with you Grima, it is quite unfortunate about the copying of other swords on the market...but, as sad as it is to say, with the amount of copies out there on most types of swords nowadays, i've become quite used to it - sad, but true. I guess it is now upto buyers as to what they buy - whether or not to promote the originals where possible.

Ohhhh...i was just on SBG and if anyone's interested in these swords, they are currently having a special: Basically, order any of his Darksword swords currently on backorder, and receive a FREE Darksword dagger (worth about $135). This is actually quite tempting - since i really like the Squire...just...i really should stop spending money right now! lol But cheers to those who do go with this offer!

I really want one of their Boromir Swords! Very nice, and it comes with a wood/leather scabbard. The hilt looks a little different. Kind of a cross between Boromir's, and the Ranger Sword. I like it. And, the fact that it's Canadian made is a definite plus for me.
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

I've also been looking at the "Faramir Sword". DSA has had excellent reviews on all their swords which have been through destructive testing. Definitely one of the toughest swords made.
Check this out: http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/

I just recieved a message the other day from Eyal Azerad, Owner/Sword Smith at DSA, and 10 more of the "Boromir Sword" were recently forged and were supposed to be released yesturday. From what I've gathered from research, all they're swords are extremely well made, and very tough. All, or most come with custom wood/leather scabbards as well. Check out the sword they make called "The Gaurdian". Incredible!
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

Return to “Other companies”