Tatsu Collection - Dragons of the East

Who's getting one? I'm hooked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Viking Wholesale is proud to announce its partnership with CAS Hanwei and Paul Chen to bring you one of the most innovative samurai sword series ever created. The Tatsu Collection is a series of 9 sword sets. (Katana and Wakizashi)

Each set is designed after one of the many Japanese Dragons found throughout Japanese lore. Each Sword will be a limited edition item with forged-folded steel as the blade.

This series will span nearly 5 years with a new set in the series to arrive approximately 6 months apart.

Sword #1 in the series: Fuku-Riu - The Japanese Dragon of Good Luck

Limited Edition Katana 150 total
Limited Edition Wakizashi 75 total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just when I thought 13 folded forged katanas would be near impossible to
obtain, they came up with additional 9! But this first one looks amazing
enough, I just had to start the line.

I'm not gonna collect sets, katanas only, so for me numbers 001-075 were
forbidden. My very own - now reserved - special number will be #099/150.

:cheers:

Re: Tatsu Collection - Dragons of the East

I'm still so torn. I love everything about that blade except for the tip :| I didn't like it on that Raptor model and I don't like it here (even the guys at SFI were kinda perplexed about it). But those fittings are wonderful and the saya is gorgeous. Prices aren't that bad though! I'm hoping some of the future models appeal to me more (when I have money).
-_-

Re: Tatsu Collection - Dragons of the East

I'm also out on this one... The fittings are different than anything Hanwei's done before...and a very neat idea on the having limited editions "sets" coming out every 6months or so. This first piece, however, just doesn't appeal to me on an overall basis (i think it's the dual coloured saya...?). I can't wait to see what the others look like though!!! :)
Plus...that is a LOT more folded Hanwei's to add to one's collection. I feel sorry for your wallet, Ed ;) lol
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Return to “Other companies”