Great Deals on Munetoshi Katanas at Zeist!

Hey Guys

Just giving you guys a heads up that there are some great deals at Zeist Armories right now on our Munetoshi katanas! The Munetoshi blades come in 3 grades, 1065, T10 or forge folded! These swords are definitely going to give Hanwei a run for their money. While we do carry Hanwei at Zeist I've found myself drawn to the Munetoshi's more and more. The hamon's on the T10 and forge folded blades are the best I have seen in a production sword to date. The Munetoshi forge has definitely balanced aesthetics with functionality, these swords are some cutting beasts! Please feel free to stop by Zeist Armories and look at our selection of Munetoshi katanas! And keep a look out for some upcoming knives we are working on!

http://www.zeistarmories.com/

Re: Great Deals on Munetoshi Katanas at Zeist!

The link is to the main page, just click on the Munetoshi link. The swords are in the $2-300 range because they are worth it. Well actually they are worth more but we are offering them at a reduced price so people can do some pre- Pre Christmas shopping.

But the Christmas season will bring it's own specials. Keep checking the site.

Any questions feel free to email me ben@zeistarmories.com

Thanks!
Blessed be the Lord, my strength, that teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. Psalms 144:1
Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

[quote=""Shinsei""]The swords are in the $2-300 range because they are worth it. Well actually they are worth more but we are offering them at a reduced price so people can do some pre- Pre Christmas shopping.[/quote]

What exactly makes them worth more than that? If they are so good and
can compete with already well known (Chen) forged-folded swords, how
come they are (at least) 2-3 times cheaper? Are these other companies
ripping their numerous customers (myself incuded)? After all, you say these
Munetoshi katanas have hamons (quote follows) "the best I have seen in a
production sword to date." Carrying Hanwei line, I assume you have seen
some of their work in person.

Could you please provide more info about "4000 layers" of laminated steel?
Pictures (sized 200x220), just above that description, have completely
different info, saying "1000 layers". What does all that mean? Was if folded
2000 times (or 500)? Are you trying to say that the insane folding number
would make steel better?

Personally I have no problem with people joining the free forum for
advertising purposes only. However, I do find some bold statements a bit
rude, in not insulting.

Think of it this way. If you have two products offered, and they are equally
well made (in terms of "aesthetics and functionality"), buyer would have to
be an idiot to choose the more e xp ensive between $300 and $600+ swords.

I must have been an idiot when I paid $600, $700 and $1.400 for Chens. I
still must be an idiot getting ready to buy one for $2.800. Because all this
time I should save money and go for something that can compete with
those, yet is far cheaper. I'd have more cash for beer and tennis lessons.

And STILL, I find myself sane enough. Am I missing something?

You aren't wrong for being doubtful. The truth of the matter is Munetoshi is a new line and they are trying to get their name out, but I don't know how much longer they will allow us to sell them so cheap. What you are really paying the most for is the blade. The fittings are quality, no doubts there, but not custom which allows more of the price per sword to go into offering a great blade.

Chen is a great company and they have been around for a long time. Their reputation and quality is well known and no one would consider you a fool for buying whatever Chen sword you want. If you have the means and like Chen's swords, go for it. (I have a Chen sword myself and love it) We aren't trying to force anyone to buy anything. We just think that people would like options that's all.

I have seen in person Chen's Practical Line, their Forged line, and the Folded line. I've also seen Chenness swords, Furuyama and a few others that I can't remember the names right now. Each company fills a very specific niche in the sword world. Each has their own reputation and Munetoshi is just trying to fill their own little niche and build their own reputation.

As far as the 4000 layer question goes, I will have to look into that. I never noticed it was different. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Blessed be the Lord, my strength, that teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. Psalms 144:1

Welcome to the forums, Shinsei. Not sure if any of the mods have seen this post yet, but forum rules:

9) Weapon and Armor Retailers
Please do not post names or links to retailers who sell weapons and armor. Our forums are sponsored and as such, it is only fair that those whom help run these forums get something in return. Also, we do not support the use of eBay because many sellers there sell unlicensed or counterfeit merchandise, thus harming legitimate businesses. These forums are about the products, not about who has the best prices. Our sponsors help pay for this site and it is only fair that they receive something from us in return

With economic times being pretty poor and other sponsors (who shall remain nameless) pulling out, I take it as a bit of an insult to our community here to advertise against our sponsors..

However, from what I understand, we're always looking for new sponsors. You should contact Justin or one of the other mods.

Well I appreciate the heads up, but I did not post this link.

I did post a link in another thread, but I stated clearly in my post that if it is against the rules that the mods could delete the link.

We are not looking to cause problems. I will ask Hitogiri to remove the link.

shinsei,this has nothing to do whit links to comerciels sides .
it about the respect to collecters and art makers as well,who spend time and energy to post in this forum. :coolsmile

and if someone think this forum is a money machine ,to get some crab deals going on ,forget about it. :P

now it might takes time to own trust,shinsei.e xp ektaly in a forum like this,plees ceab that in mind .
this forum is not about money,is about passion.and onely then, good deals is an opsion, ofcause. ;)

plees be ornest,and gain the trust,then you might be ,abel to get high reputassion,to the links you come up whit.
still like the work on the highlander sword you came up whit,ceap up the good work. :thumbs_up

stay tuned.

Of course we do not think of this forum as a cash machine. Hitogiri just posted the link because he thought people would like to know, that's all.

I/we do respect all other artists and vendors who are on here. The LOTR swords are among my favorite swords of all times, that's actually how I found this site.

I would never do anything to disrespect anyone and if I have come across that way I truly and sincerely apologize.

We get excited about swords just like the rest of you and like to tell people about them.

But we will tone down the self promotion and simply be part of the community here. I think that's what it's all about right?

Thanks for the diligence, GW and am.dk.

We are currently in the process of reviewing the sponsorship model for these forums. While the rule quoted still holds in theory, in practice we have allowed a link or two in the past to slip in without chasing people away while we work out the new system.

In the meantime, while we certainly welcome the increased traffic and interest that shop owners bring to our forums, we do ask that they respect the fact that the site does cost money to run, and donations are always appreciated.

Justin is working on some benefits for sponsors to advertise their wares here, so long as they are relevant to the theme of these forums. Stay tuned for more details in the future. In the meantime, please keep up the discussion, but keep the links to a bare minimum please.

To contact JustinTD, please use the Private Message system here on the forums.

Thank you.
This Space for Rent

Return to “Other companies”