Re: HCG - 'Officially Licensed' Legolas Bow - Limited Edition

What I meant by them not being able to raise the price is for scenarios where you have already ordered the bow and begun paying for it. The sale is made, the price is finalized. However, for someone who is ordering one now, the price could very well go up, especially if not ordering directly from HCG. Retailers can do whatever they want with the MSRP, they just can't charge more after the sale's already been made.

I've heard good things about the Bowstick version of this bow, and one of our members here had one but she sold it. It is functional, but not officially licensed, so I don't know if either of those things matters to you.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]This is good and bad. It means that, unlike UC, they are being very meticulous with quality control and thus making sure the bows won't ship if they have flaws. The bad part is that it's taking so damn long and that the manufacturer is not the best.[/quote]
With all the product flaws I've seen and heard of coming out of China, I'll bet they went that route to save money and make more profit; and guess what, like everything that goes that route it comes around and costs them more than what they had planned.
Lowest bidder is not always the best.
They'll be lucky if anyone makes any money at all.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

The moment of truth arriving at last?

http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/l ... w_exc.html

HCG has finally updated their site, and the Lothlorien Bow now appears listed as 'In Stock' rather than the quarterly estimate that it displayed before. I double-checked my order status and all my monthly invoices (I'm on the 6-Pay Plan) and my sixth and final payment is due this coming Monday, which according to them, is when the shipping charges will be added and the bow will finally ship to me. So, if all remains on track and their info is correct, I should be receiving the bow at last by mid-July.

Fingers crossed. :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

Did your supplier specify why your bow has not shipped yet, beyond the fact that they have clearly not received it from HCG? Did you pay for it all in one shot? If yes, then they should be asking HCG on your behalf why they have not received the bow so they can fulfill their orders. Obviously they don't want to lose a sale and so they have asked you to reconsider, but they wouldn't be doing so if they didn't think that this bow wouldn't eventually arrive in their hands, right?
This Space for Rent

Come to think of it, I did pay for it all in one shot, or at least a $50 deposit and then the rest in around February.

I'll see if they have any information at all about the bow's status now that HCG's at least changed their website. To my current knowledge, they're all set to ship the bow right when they receive it from HCG's sluggish hands :crazy:
Last edited by Jamanticus on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

So someone 'splain this to me....How did Arwyniel (I believe it was Arwyniel) get her bow and you all have been put on interminable hold?

Haven't some of you ordered it from the same place? Or is it a case of Ar getting one from the original run and now the manufacturer is doing another run?

Sorry I can't offer anything but sympathy....but the whole thing sounds screwed up. :angry:

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Yes, Arwyniel seems to have been one of the lucky few to get this bow. She's the only one from this forum, as far as I know. I'm not sure who she ordered it from: maybe it was HCG, maybe it was someone else. Only she can answer that.

Near as I can tell, she was probably one of the first in line when preorders were taken for this item last year. When the initial batch arrived from the factory, the first few went out to those folks, and the rest of us poor saps are still waiting. Someone earlier in this thread commented that the majority of bows were not passing Q&A inspections and that's what was causing the delay. If this is true, HCG has not officially confirmed it.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]Yes, Arwyniel seems to have been one of the lucky few to get this bow. She's the only one from this forum, as far as I know. I'm not sure who she ordered it from: maybe it was HCG, maybe it was someone else. Only she can answer that.

Near as I can tell, she was probably one of the first in line when preorders were taken for this item last year. When the initial batch arrived from the factory, the first few went out to those folks, and the rest of us poor saps are still waiting. Someone earlier in this thread commented that the majority of bows were not passing Q&A inspections and that's what was causing the delay. If this is true, HCG has not officially confirmed it.[/quote]

I ordered directly from HCG in June 09. Believe me, I feel so bad being (as far as I know) the only one who has received it. I know you all are so very frustrated with the delay and lack of updates...but it is such a great piece, and in my opinion, worth the wait.

Thanks for shedding some light on that, Arwyniel. Don't feel bad for us; rather we feel good for you because it's nice to know someone got the bow and is enjoying it. Our wait shouldn't take away from that. :)

Well, HCG has not charged my final payment yet (either today or yesterday) so I'm not sure what is going on. I'm hoping it's because they are processing the shipping charges if the bow is in stock and ready to ship, but probably not. In either case, I will wait until the final charge appears on my card before contacting them. If the shipping charges are on it, then I e xp ect the bow to be on it's way. If not, then I'm going to ask them one last time what the hell is happening on their end. :huh:
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]Not I. Tomorrow will be seven business days since I received my email, so I hope to receive notification of shipping by then. :| [/quote]

Keep us posted I was interested in it also since it still shows that it can be ordered not to have you as a guinea pig but since you guys have already ordered it no sense more people giving thier money away for hopes and promises and I do hope that yours will be arriving soon as well as the others.

This thread is as bad as the Hobbit thread when it comes to delays, waiting and wondering.
I sure hope all of you are saying you got your bows real soon!
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Valkrist""]Just got the shipping confirmation email, along with a tracking number. Now I know how Moses felt when he glimpsed the promised land after wandering the desert for forty years. :P [/quote]
LOL! That's great news Val! But not the best analogy; Moses never got to enter the promised land.
To rectify this I officially dub thee Joshua!

Received mine today, and.....meh

Yes, the detail is good (ought to be, having been cast off an original), but in person I can very safely state that the color is way off. No claptrap about it changing colors in different lighting here. It is definitely dark brown with mottled pearlescent silver raised details, MUCH different in any lighting in person than the original with its yellowish wood with aged white detailing. Really, really bugs me that they didn't bother to get the color right now that the bow itself is sitting before me.

Also, they could have cast it much better- lots of the fine details have gone soft instead of crisp like they should be (like the little feathering lines on the sculpted leaf details- you can tell that they were very well-defined on what this was cast from, but are now soggy and muddled). There are a few areas where the paint is not applied right (where they missed the raised detail and painted a bit of the wood around it)

All in all, I guess it's a good piece, but I just don't like how sloppily the whole thing was done.

I guess for the price, this is a good prop replica, but it just doesn't get enough things right for me to like it.
Last edited by Jamanticus on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

[quote=""Jamanticus""]Received mine today, and.....meh

Yes, the detail is good (ought to be, having been cast off an original), but in person I can very safely state that the color is way off. No claptrap about it changing colors in different lighting here. It is definitely dark brown with mottled pearlescent silver raised details, MUCH different in any lighting in person than the original with its yellowish wood with aged white detailing. Really, really bugs me that they didn't bother to get the color right now that the bow itself is sitting before me.

Also, they could have cast it much better- lots of the fine details have gone soft instead of crisp like they should be (like the little feathering lines on the sculpted leaf details- you can tell that they were very well-defined on what this was cast from, but are now soggy and muddled). There are a few areas where the paint is not applied right (where they missed the raised detail and painted a bit of the wood around it)

All in all, I guess it's a good piece, but I just don't like how sloppily the whole thing was done.

I guess for the price, this is a good prop replica, but it just doesn't get enough things right for me to like it.[/quote]
Coming from you Jam I'm not surprised; your just lookin' for an excuse to detail it like the rest of your stuff. :thumbs_up

[quote=""Valkrist""]That's disappointing to hear. So thus far, two happy people and one not. :|

Well, Jam... if I know you well enough, I see three words in your future: custom-paint-job.[/quote]
I guess I should have read this before my last post huh?

i have been trying for days to post pics on here and it wont let me!!!! and i keep trying to post replies and it wont let me....

this is the 3rd time i have tried to send this

In response to Jam's problems with the bow, he is sooo right! the bow is not the correct color. i think what happened is exactly what happened with the legolas knives...they were given a photo of the bow in bad lighting, and they copied the color from that. which made the bow a brown instead of a yellowish white....

however with the details of the sculpting, mine seems to be very detailed, i can even see the tool marks in places...so probably everyones detailing will be different because none of the bows that were molded will come out the same right?

but mine is also painted very well, though the color is off, it is sooooo amazing!!! looks like real wood too!

oh and one other thing, the legolas knives displayed next to the bow look soooooo ugly!!! hahaha the bow really makes the knives look and UGLY orange color..... hahahahaha

Return to “Other companies”