Hanwei 2010 - Part 2

So... let's stick more to the topic and keep the futile and semi-hostile arguing out of it, shall we? Here is Sedhal's lead from the previous thread.

[quote=""Sedhal""]So getting back to this Hanwei topic, Darlak, what do you think they should start doing in the future to make their swords appeal to more opinions?[/quote]
This Space for Rent

Re: Hanwei 2010 - Part 2

(Thanks Valkrist)

ed - well buddy, 22 swords is quite a list for one to collect, i'm sure it'll keep you busy for some time. I'm sure Hanwei won't be adding any new folded katanas to tempt you for a long, long time *cough *cough ;) lol.

Sed - i agree! It is nice to see Hanwei coming out with 2 better quality Ninja-to's. Who cares about historical accuracy? Now if only they were folded steel.....

Soooooooo, i have a 25th Anniversary Shinto on preorder.......
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Yeah too bad they aren't :|

One of the reps on SFI stopped by one time to ask what Hanwei customers wanted to see, and I dared to suggest a folded ninja-to with a bit more -katana-like dimensions (I guess like a chokuto or something) with the added popular-culture (square tsuba, "tanto"-shaped kissaki). He kept an open mind and said he'd pass the word along. I never even e xp ected any additional ninja-to at all to be honest. I'll get one of 'em eventually :) Possibly over the summer.
-_-

Well, at least Hanwei is trying....i too was surprised to see 2 new ninja-to. I mean, their 2 practical ninja-to's already dominate the market; and now they improved upon them. I must admit, the new ones are quite nice as well...i might have to add one to my "wish list"...lol.

Sed - so which one of the 4 are you leaning towards? :)

Hhmm....they both have their appeal. But, i'm slightly leaning towards the Kouga... I'm liking the overall darker look along with the battle wrap... Who knows? A ninja-to is so low on my list of swords...i probably will just wait until Hanwei makes the one you suggested, Sed ;) As long as i'm allowed to come over and have you sign my ninja-to!

Speaking of Hanwei (though not new 2010 stuff...). I just picked up Hanwei's Cromwell sword and their Godfred Viking sword! :)

conratulatoin,on your new swods jash.
what about the godfred sword ,it is the most simulere to a viking sword (thise dayes)..an i did have an eye for this for this sword ,fore a long time now.
is it the black damaskus,ore the reguler sword,you got.??

it is avalable over here ,and i found at as a price of 650 buks.

Thanks am.dk!
I've wanted the Hanwei Godfred Viking sword for over 5yrs now. Though it is not completely historically accurate - i find it's overall look to still capture the "Viking" style of sword. I also like the overall look - brown scabbard, antiqued fittings, pattern-welded blade, "damascus" pommel and guard....it all leads to one attractive sword. In addition, it is also one of the nicest balanced sword i've ever held (for a 1 handed broad blade). I've heard this sword is not great for heavy cutting - but since i'm more into collecting than "backyard cutting", that does not change my opinion a bit. I also like the new viking sword - the "Hedemark" by Valiant, roughly the same price.... But, i'm a fan of folded steel :)

Return to “Other companies”