A Look Inside a ZA Sword

Here is a look inside a Zeist Armories tsuka. This is how much steel you are typically holding when you grip a ZA sword. Due to the custom nature of our blades, the tang length will vary, but this is the average length of the tang.

This is, of course, without the optional Kevlar and Carbon Fiber core. So you get custom fittings, an awesome blade, a fistful of steel and our unwavering commitment to quality.

Just thought you all would like to know.

PS, the Clear Magic tsuka is not for sale!

Blessed be the Lord, my strength, that teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. Psalms 144:1
Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

Re: A Look Inside a ZA Sword

The core is a proprietary secret. Sorry, you understand. Gotta keep some things to ourselves. :thumbs_up

The swords without the core are still functional. However, due to liability, we can only recommend that you use them for backyard cutting. Like water bottles, pool noodles, pickle chipping, etc.

The handles have the approximate strength of hardwood. This is acceptable for most people as they don't do any hardcore cutting. This is why we made the core optional. So it can save the customer some money that wasn't necessary to spend if it isn't going to be used.

However, if you plan on doing any serious cutting; multiple tatami, goza, or green bamboo, the core is highly recommended.
Blessed be the Lord, my strength, that teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. Psalms 144:1

Understood.

Yeah my problem is undeniable... even though I'd do no cutting whatsoever with it, I can't live with the fact that it wouldn't perform as best as it could if I were to do so. :| Otherwise I'd get a painting of it and hang on my wall.

...and that's why I need to do some saving. Because if I spent any money, the core would definitely be part of the package. :coolsmile
-_-

I completely understand. For me, it was 'I' may never use it to it's full potential, but my son might. Or his son, or his son. My Master Katana© is the only one of it's kind in the world, and as such will be passed on when I die. It is my contribution to the family. My heirloom. And it needs to be the best. And yes, I paid for it.

There are no gifts that you don't earn.

Return to “Other companies”