Jeffrey Robinson custom

Hi all, I wanted to share a custom sword I had made for me by Jeffrey Robinson. http://www.bronzebyjeffreyjrobinson.com/
The idea was to make a sword that was patterned after the Conan Atlantean but changing the symbolism. I have owned two of the Albion Conans. I had number 20 which I bought back in 02 but sold it for personal reasons. I bought another number 167 in 07 but it just wasnt the same. I really like the style but wanted something a little different. I had talked to Jeffrey about an idea for replacing the sea dog heads with serpent heads the rest he did on his own. Jeffrey did a fantastic job and I am thrilled with it. The weight is 7lbs but feels much lighter. The etching is Russian and says Alexander. Jeffrey is a master of bronze casting and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a custom sword. Here are the details of the sword. Hope you enjoy.

Stats:
Overall length 41.75 “
Blade length 29 “ total or 22 ” from end of bronze langets
Blade width 3.5 “ at teeth 2”” after teeth
Blade thickness .25 “
Grip length 7.25 “
Cross width 6.5 “

Re: Jeffrey Robinson custom

[quote=""Fingolfin""]Very cool! It looks like great, I might've gotten a different grip though since that one is similar to the Atlantean.[/quote]

Crops can be resown. Homes rebuilt. Grips re-gripped! :P

Fantastic sword you have there, Alexander. I like the snake heads especially :coolsmile

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

I really like the grip. Its sort of a mix between the Atlantean and the Destroyer. The original grip of the 1st movie sword was a rope material that was pretty rough on the hands. The leather robe gives you a good grip without pain :) . Oh blade is 1075 high carbon steel that is hardened and tempered. If anyone wants Jeffrey made a video of the construction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dK_4HYcDxM
Last edited by Alexander on Mon May 09, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Excellent video. :thumbs_up
Wish I had the money to buy/make equipment like that.

Perhaps one day....
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Thranduil""]Excellent video. :thumbs_up
Wish I had the money to buy/make equipment like that.

Perhaps one day....[/quote]

Never give up hope my friend!

And really cool sword! Reminds me of when I was going to have a custom sword made, but the swordsmith just stopped emailing. I've never heard from him since last September... oh well :|

But congrats on your piece! I always believe that a custom sword is much more interesting than a replica sword because it is usually tailored to your needs and has you own marks and ideas on it, which is really cool!
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Hi Darlak, the sword is $2,700. Jeffrey had made a very close copy to the Atlantean. (he has pictures on his site) But since Albion had reacquired the license and his own artistic need he wanted to make something different. When I e-mailed him about changing the sea dogs he asked if I would be interested in a redesigning of the whole sword. So the sword is the first in a series and part of his "production" now. Etching is of course personalized.

Return to “Other companies”