Batman action figures and collectibles

Hey guys

Starting this new thread as a place for people to review any of the cool Batman collectibles they own. I'm gonna kick the thread off with a small review on a figure I purchased from the Batman Arkham City video game.

WARNING: I do mention spoilers about Arkham City and The Dark Knight Rises!

The figure I bought was the DC Direct Talia Al Ghul. Talia is the daugther of the notorious eco terrorist Ra's Al Ghul and lover of Batman/Bruce Wayne. The figure depicts the character as she appears in the Arkham City video game.

I really like the design of her character and the figure does a great job capturing alot of the detail. She has very intense green eyes similar to Ra's.

First thing I want to mention is the paint used on the skin. I hate it when figures have that really high reflective paint finish to them. However, Talia doesn't have this which is really a plus in my opinion.

She's quite a possible figure, in the picture above I had her posed in a relaxed stance.

Talia has a ball jointed head/neck. Mine seems a little slack, her head wants to sit backwards but its not big deal. I haven't heard this mentioned before so maybes I just got a slightly defected one.

She has ball joints in her shoulders so her arms can go upwards and they also swivel at the bicep. There's also elbow joints and wrist swivels. Her waist doesn't move at all. Her legs are not ball jointed, however they do move backwards and forwards but they cant move out. She has knee joints and swivels at the boots.

It's fairly easy to get her into some cool poses.

Talia also has a hole in the bottom of her right foot for a figure stand, however a stand is not included. The only accessory she comes with is her sword, shown in the image above. From what I can remember, Talia doesn't have a sword in the game, she uses her fathers. But it's cool that they included a different style sword so she has something to hold.

The sword is flexible.

The detail in the figure is really cool. The metal buckles and clasps on her leather jacket, boots and vambraces as well as the stitching detail in certain areas. It's a really great figure for detail.

I have included a photo of Talia next to the video game box for size reference:

I also wanted to do a quick comparison to the Tauriel figure from the Hobbit. First thing you notice is that Tauriel is really small. They are both marketed as 6 inch collectors figures. The main reason for this is probably because Evengaline Lilly is quite small.

The next thing is just the detail. Tauriel includes her quiver, bow, arrows and two daggers. The detail in these is quite poor on comparison, and also the detail in the overall figure is poor. I think I paid around £13 for Tauriel and Talia cost me £14. Talia is worth the price, whereas Tauriel isn't. If DC Direct made a Tauriel figure then I'd be all over it, but I doubt they will.

SPOILERS!

As much as I love this version of Talia, I do prefer Talia as she appeared in the Dark Knight Rises. Marion Cotillard really made the character her own and I'd love to see DC Direct create a figure of her version of Talia.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3795/9085 ... 807f_c.jpg

END OF SPOILERS

I do plan on getting more figures from this line. I am going to try and get either Ra's or Batman next and I'll post a review similar to this.

I'd appreciate any feedback on what you thought of the review and what improvements I could make.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Re: Batman action figures and collectibles

Hmmm, has a very 'Bloodrayne'-ish look to her. GREAT games; HORRIBLE movies...thanks Uwe Boll (He and M. Night S***tymovies need to take an indefinite vacation and quit ruining my childhood!)
That said, maybe I should finish that game, never got more than half a dozen or so hours into it...and they just announced the third prequel game, Arkham Origins. Looking forward to it, even though it seems the market is getting a little over-saturated with 'Origins' films and games.
"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws.
It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

Re: Batman action figures and collectibles

[quote=""RosereIII""]Hmmm, has a very 'Bloodrayne'-ish look to her. GREAT games; HORRIBLE movies...thanks Uwe Boll (He and M. Night S***tymovies need to take an indefinite vacation and quit ruining my childhood!)
That said, maybe I should finish that game, never got more than half a dozen or so hours into it...and they just announced the third prequel game, Arkham Origins. Looking forward to it, even though it seems the market is getting a little over-saturated with 'Origins' films and games.[/quote]

I have heard many things about the infamous Uwe Boll :P

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are amazing games. Arkham Origins, from what I've heard, isnt actually going to be an origin story for Batman. I'm still trying to figure out what it could be an origin for though. Maybes just the Asylum? Perhaps Batman will learn more about how the asylum came to be. or maybes there's a big overarching plot that no one has picked up on yet. Who knows haha :P either way I'm looking forward to it

But yes, you should try and finish the game :)
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Return to “Other companies”