Re: Asmus Toys

[quote=""Medievalt""]Does anyone own any Asmus LOTR figures? Trying to find a honest review on them, as they look pretty cool. http://www.asmuslotr.com/[/quote]

Pretty impressive. And with all those nice extras (e.g., real clothing) pretty e xp ensive too, I'll bet. ;)
The facial likeness of the Gandalf statue is the best I've ever seen.

Good luck!
Last edited by Deimos on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

[quote=""Jash""]Thanks for the headsup! I remember when this line was announced...and completely forgot about it lol. Their products look awesome, no question. Only thing stopping me is the price tag... $150 to $200 per figure...

This is my 'go to' site for reviews. They already have the Morgul Lord figure:
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101413a.htm[/quote]
Isn't Weta selling its figures starting around $250?
These seem a better bang for the buck.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Thranduil""]Isn't Weta selling its figures starting around $250?
These seem a better bang for the buck.[/quote]

True, Weta's are around the $250 range..but for a hand painted statue. But when Sideshow did the 12'' action figures - they were between $70 and $100. (roughly...as these were a while ago). To help put higher quality 12'' action figures into perspective: I also have a few of DiD's full metal armour / weapons historical samurais...even those didn't break the $150 mark... But, it seems everything's been getting vastly more e xp ensive these past few years. $150 for these figures seems fair - but my other problem is, it's like Lay's potato chips...i can't have just one. :P
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Return to “Other companies”