Jens Hansen Gold & Silversmiths

It looks like there are at least several of us with at least one Jens Hansen ring, so I would like to start this thread to show off and discuss the wonderful products made by this great company!

I own two Jens Hansen rings. My first one is the Movie Ring in 9ct gold. Ever since I first saw The Fellowship of the Ring I knew that when I got married that I would like to have the One Ring be my wedding band. I didn't think I was going to be able to do it but just a few months before the wedding I spoke with Halfdan Hansen and he made it happen! And I just happen to be the "common" size for this ring- US 11. Everyone that I have shown it to is jealous (one of them wished he didn't just buy a $10 ring off of Amazon...).

My second ring is the Ring of Barahir in Sterling Silver and 14ct Gold. I bought this one second hand and had Jens Hansen resize it for me. I seriously love this ring- I wear it almost daily if I can!

After I received my wedding band from Jens, I was so pleased with their work and how friendly they are that I decided to have them make an engagement/wedding band combo for my now wife. I bought her original engagement ring off in Curacao a few years back and she unfortunately lost it in a mound of snow one winter. I wanted her to have a ring but I didn't have as much cash anymore after the first purchase so I bought her an okay ring off of eBay. I always meant to replace it eventually and I am glad that I did!

I sent some sketches that I drew up of what I was looking for in a ring for my fiancee. I wanted the overall look to have a "leafy" design to it and I wanted the band and engagement ring to interlock.

I sent the sketches to Halfdan and he said he can make it happen. He put the designs through his computer system and asked my opinion every step of the way. When he was finished with the rings he sent me pictures and I was stunned- they turned out better than I could ever have e xp ected!

Now that my wife has been wearing the rings for a few weeks I still feel very pleased when I occasionally catch her just staring at her rings! Even at the wedding when people asked to see the rings they were blown away- and then even more so when she told them the story! According to her friends, I have raised the bar for the guys who have yet to propose!

So here are some pictures:

Last edited by jnicktem on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Jens Hansen Silver & Goldsmiths

Very beautiful engagement/wedding ring set!
A bit of Elven motif with the leaves?

Sometime soon I guess I'll have to post some [quality] pics of my three JH rings.
I posted some rather bad ones a while back.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Return to “Other companies”