Jurassic Park by Chronicle Collectibles

So I've been making more than a few preorders from Chronicle Collectibles for their Jurassic Park line this year and while I have yet to actually see their pieces in person, their work looks to be stellar. I figured now was the time to post on here as they've recently announced their most expensive but arguably most iconic piece yet:

Definitely planning on preordering this one...

Re: Jurassic Park by Chronicle Collectibles

Yeah. I think most of us have been spoiled by UC prices being so low. But they're more or less in line with Weta prices. This one, admittedly, is a lot more than I expected given the prices in the rest of their line. But it's just too good to pass up. They do pricing plans, too, to lessen the blow.

I'm hopeful. They're supposed to be delivering their first items in the line in the next month or two I believe. A Stegosaur maquette from The Lost World. The pictures look phenomenal.

The Raptor goes up for preorder next Friday. $999 for the first 30 days, then it goes up to $1200. Not sure on the dimensions, but it's a 1:1 scale model. They post more news on Facebook. Dimensions might be there.

Most of their models have been much lower. The Stegosaurus and Breakout T-rex were around $600. The Compy is under $400. They did a Lost World Rex bust (1/4 scale) first. I believe that was under $800, but I passed on that one.

GuardianWolf wrote:The Raptor goes up for preorder next Friday. $999 for the first 30 days, then it goes up to $1200. Not sure on the dimensions, but it's a 1:1 scale model. They post more news on Facebook. Dimensions might be there.

Most of their models have been much lower. The Stegosaurus and Breakout T-rex were around $600. The Compy is under $400. They did a Lost World Rex bust (1/4 scale) first. I believe that was under $800, but I passed on that one.

$999 for the first 30 days, then it goes up to $1200. woooow is this a reasonable price ? are you gonna pay this ?

Most likely. Quality, official JP items are almost unheard of. Even unofficial items are a rarity and expensive as a result. It'll kill my bank account for a bit, but it's not something I'd be willing to pass up.

Again, I think a lot of us are spoiled by UC's low price-point on their items. Weta items tend to be higher, though I've never collected Weta. And with UC's track record of late, I think I'm about done with weaponry collecting.

I'd consider this piece to be a holy grail to a JP fan. And the worn out VHS tape I keep on my one lonely bookshelf in this crowded apartment is any proof, I'm a pretty big fan. :)

GuardianWolf wrote:... And with UC's track record of late, I think I'm about done with weaponry collecting.

I'd consider this piece to be a holy grail to a JP fan. And the worn out VHS tape I keep on my one lonely bookshelf in this crowded apartment is any proof, I'm a pretty big fan. :)

HAve to agree with you on what you said about UC.
I'm hoping UC does a decent job on Bard's sword, in which case I will probably pick that up.

Soooo....ummm, GW why have you got JP in VHS format and not DVD (or BD)?

Now, as I mentioned in a previous post[somewhere] , I have quite a few VHS tapes because the transfer quality was bad, or scenes were left out. (And I have only ONE BD).
But I do have JP in DVD.
IS the DVD missing something from the original cut that is present only in the VHS version?

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

If they come out with Bard's sword, it might be enough to lure me back. But I'll not be preordering anything from them and I'll likely wait a few months after each release for them to work out inevitable quality issues...

I have the VHS cause that's what I watched thousands (not an exaggeration...) of times when I was a kid. I have the DVD's and Bluray, too, but there's definitely a sentimental aspect to my keeping the VHS around. I don't even think we have a VCR anymore. If we do, it's buried in storage at the moment.

GuardianWolf wrote:Folks, I think this might be a company to watch. They are 100% finger-on-the-pulse of fans. They do weekly video chats to discuss product developments, giving updates, getting ideas from fans, etc. If you're into movie prop/replicas...might be worth having a look and throwing suggestions at them.
Like, maybe, throwing suggestions at them to make a particular sword? ;-)

I'm pretty sure they'd avoid any license that's already been extensively done. They're not overly concerned with HIGH numbers of sales, but they're cautious about over-saturated markets.

What I really like is the weekly chats. They're branching out to MST3000, and they're actively building Terminator, Robocop, Stargate and a few other licenses, though.

About to place my fifth order with them tomorrow. I have yet to see any of their products first hand (the first few are coming over the Pacific now!), but they're just very down-to-earth decent folks. They did a whole thing this week about the process of their latest (a T-rex bust), and it was pretty nifty. :) Prop makers here would probably be interested if only to see what a smaller company can do!

Little/Lotta late so sorry. Chronicles' prices aren't that bad I feel. As they've admitted, they'd rather do a very limited run of something and have it sell well, than flood the collector's market. I was talking with them earlier asking if they planned to do a JPIII Alpha Raptor bust. They admitted until The Lost World raptor is selling they have interest in another but won't come to market with it until after. Plus, despite those heavy prices, they do interest free payment options which is awesome as well. Paying $1000 upfront seems steep for anything to me. But split it up over 10 months, $100 here and there. I'm alot more interested then.

So, small edition sizes lead to price scalpers (at least in the United Cutlery realm) so, saying $999 for a 1:1 bust is steep now, imagine when someone is trying to move one on eBay for like $3000 and you're thinking, "Um... Why?" *cough* Isildur's Sword *cough* Granted no one may buy it, but, if it interests you, best to snag it while its available. Personally I can't wait to see what they continue to come out with. I have John Hammond's Cane and the Velociraptor Egg on the way, and plan to preorder the hatchling Velociraptor. Other than that it a wait and see what comes thing for me.

JJByers wrote: I have John Hammond's Cane and the Velociraptor Egg on the way, and plan to preorder the hatchling Velociraptor. Other than that it a wait and see what comes thing for me.
What I like best about CC right now is they're going across the spectrum. You want to drop 5k for a 1/5 scale rex? You got it. You want to drop just $200 for something smaller? Got that, too.

I will say that they're a bit hit and miss when it comes to paint jobs. I'm still super stoked with every piece I've gotten from them, but I can easily see where others may be disappointed. The JP collectible market has been shockingly small until now. At this point it's getting a little flooded---but CC is not at fault for that. Gotta be picky with what I go for. I will say that JP has taken LOTR's place for me at this point.

GuardianWolf wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 am
What I like best about CC right now is they're going across the spectrum. You want to drop 5k for a 1/5 scale rex? You got it. You want to drop just $200 for something smaller? Got that, too....The JP collectible market has been shockingly small until now. At this point it's getting a little flooded---but CC is not at fault for that. Gotta be picky with what I go for. I will say that JP has taken LOTR's place for me at this point.
Heresy.... Pure, unadulterated heresy. :protest: "Burn him!"

Deimos wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:59 am Heresy.... Pure, unadulterated heresy. :protest: "Burn him!"
What can I say? JP came first, for me. :P I wasn't introduced to LOTR until the films came out. Unlike a good number of folks here, I read the books as an afterthought!

With UC kind of drying up, I've moved on, Unfortunately, to a more expensive franchise of late. As I said above, the cheapest replica CC has is the Raptor egg at $200. Well worth it, but still...pricey. (They have a mini-Breakout Rex at Thinkgeek for $60ish, but it's a novelty.)

Now I'll admit when it comes to LOTR/HOBBIT merch I'm crowded as it is. A living room full and half a bedroom. With everything else packed up still in a closet lmao. But thats also what has kinda pushed me away. Yeah Bard's Sword is coming out!..... But where to put it, or just buy it, open it to look real quick, and pack it back up. If I move a large part of my UC collection will probably stay boxed up for good, or sold off idk. And like Wolf said, JP did come first for me as well. My dad took me in 93 to see it. I left terrified lol! But it was a huge impact on my childhood as well. So when I saw Chronicle/Paradise did a licensed Hammond Cane I thought, "Of all the crap I own, why do I not have this yet?!" Next thing you know I'm like, "Raptor egg.... cost just as much a non functional UC replica sword... yeah why not."

Return to “Other companies”