Fable Blades

Just wanted to share with you some alternative LOTR swords design. Maybe you saw it before but I didn't find any reference of Fable Blades on forum search...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present."

Re: Fable Blades

Anduril (9).jpeg
Boromir (4).jpg
Elessar (14).jpeg
This one is original design but also inspired by LOTR and looks nice.
Aduial (1).jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by EagleFriend on Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present."

I firs t discovered Fable Blades a little over 10 years ago.
Brendan and I discussed making the real daggers the Hobbits used, the Daggers of Westernesse ,found in the tombs on the Barrow Downs.
Alas nothing came of it because it was (and still is) expensive to have a custom sword made.
But he does beautiful work.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

I guessed someone had already stumbled upon this since it is quite old but you really went beyond :-)
It would have been awesome if you managed to realise your idea but as you said it would be (and still is) way too expensive to do it...pity :-(

But overall nice twist to the original design of the swords by Fable Blades especially with Anduril... I like it very much.
Also the dark red leather grip for Boromir's sword makes sence to me since it would go well with his tunic and shield.
As for Strider's sword, the runes engraving on the fuller is an interesting idea as it would place it in the company of Anduril and Sting who have been decorated additionally ("historically") after important events and experiences.

Of course, I love the original designs from the movies and wouldn't want them changed but I like these creative twists :-)

Yep, all those LOTR Swords he made are just spectacular eye candy... I almost get visual diabetes.
And functionality....from what I have read he makes very well balanced weapons.
I've only held one carbon steel sword (MC sting) and it's just so, so much lighter than the wall hangers.
I would love to own all of Brendan's LOTR Swords...... (Now where did I put that dang lottery ticket?...)

Buckeye wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:25 am "Visual diabetes. " I love that description, Deimos.
:crazy: :cheers:

Return to “Other companies”